login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

๐Ÿ’€The Big Achievement 2020๐Ÿ’€

Page: 1 2 3 4 >
AuthorMessage

Posted: 08 Dec, 2019 01:06
Last Edit: 31 May, 2020 03:09
๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
The Big Achievement 2020, or as it was previously called, "~Bonus~ AotW", is a competition that will last all year. It is similar to Achievement of the Week in the sense that achievements and challenges will be voted upon and are required to obtain in order to gain points. However, there are a few twists compared to AotW. Most notably: the difficulty.

Bi-Weekly Achievement:

๐Ÿ’€Winners may submit an achievement to be added to the pool, which will be picked by majority vote. If a bi-weekly or monthly achievement has too few earners (normally less than five), I will pick previous submissions or pick them myself.

๐Ÿ’€The win-rate of an achievement should not exceed 10% at the time it is suggested. This could be for more challenging achievements or for newer achievements; it's up to the players to decide. A case may be made for achievements over the 10% earn rate. This is to allow for more bonus set and niche game achievements.

๐Ÿ’€The first achievement (January 1st - January 15th) will be picked by those who are currently eligible for the standard AotW's gold badge and those who could possibly get it with the time that's left.

Monthly Challenge:

๐Ÿ’€Each month will have a different challenge. I have already decided on the Q1 Monthly Challenges, but winners will vote for Q2-4 Challenges.

๐ŸฅณPoint System and Badges๐Ÿฅณ

- Each of the bi-weekly achievements will be worth 1 point.
- Each of the monthly challenges will be worth 2 points.

Points will go toward a site award badge:
๐Ÿฅ‰Bronze Award - 14-23 points
๐ŸฅˆSilver Award - 24-33 points
๐Ÿฅ‡Gold Award - 34-43 points
๐Ÿ’€Platinum award - 44-49 points

Point requirements changed due to the bi-weeklies having an off-week

On top of the points going towards the badge, if a user is on Discord, they will receive the "TBA2020 WINNER๐Ÿ’€" role, which allows access to #๐Ÿ’€the-big-achievement-2020 Discord channel. Winners of the monthly challenge will get the role and a ๐Ÿ’€after their nickname.

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT CHEATING
It's sad that I actually need to say this, but cheating will not be tolerated and will disqualify you. This means no cheats, passwords, loading saves, etc. This is and will remain the default rule and I will announce any exceptions upon announcing new challenges. Furthermore, if the nature of your unlocks raise adequate suspicions, I will simply exclude your name in the winners' list. This could be multiple unlocks at the same time, timestamps that are unreasonably close together, earn times that are way out of a normal playthrough's order, etc. If I have excluded your name and you feel the need to defend yourself, by all means: do so.

Last Edit: 20 Mar, 2020 19:11
Q1 Bi-Weekly Cheevos:

๐Ÿ’€Jan 01 - Jan 14:
๐Ÿ’€Jan 15 - Jan 28:
๐Ÿ’€Jan 29 - Feb 11:
๐Ÿ’€Feb 12 - Feb 25:
๐Ÿ’€Feb 26 - Mar 10:
๐Ÿ’€Mar 11 - Mar 24:

All bi-weekly cheevos must be earned between 00:00GMT on the start date and 11:59GMT on the end date.

Q1 Monthly Challenges

January
Spoiler (Click to show):
๐Ÿ’€We're starting things simple. All you need to do is obtain . You have until 11:59PM GMT, Jan 31st.

February
Spoiler (Click to show):
๐Ÿ’€To celebrate the Leap Year, this will be a Leap Frog month. You must obtain 1 achievement on February 1st, 2 achievements on February 2nd, 10 achievements on February 10th, etc. until earning 29 achievements on February 29th. Winners of January's challenge will vote on whether there will be a five point or ten point minimum requirement.
โค๏ธTele's Valentine's Day Gift to Participantsโค๏ธ: Normally the 2 points for the monthly challenges will be an "all or nothing" deal, but if participants reach February 14th and earn 14 achievements, they will secure 1 of the 2 points, even if they fail later in the month.
View the Leapfrog 4 thread here.

March
Spoiler (Click to show):
๐Ÿ’€March Mastery Month๐Ÿ’€

GENERAL RULES:
- Each participant selects a game with less than 10 masters and submits it for approval. See the criteria below.
- Approved games will be added to a pool of eligible games that participants can master for the challenge.
- Participants must go from 0 to 200% in an eligible game within the month of March.
- 1st place on the game's leaderboard will grant the maximum 2 points for ๐Ÿ’€TBA 2020 + 1 token.
- 2nd and 3rd place will grant the maximum of 2 points for ๐Ÿ’€TBA 2020.
- 4th through 10th place will grant 1 point for ๐Ÿ’€TBA 2020.
- Remember that points are not stackable. 2 points is the absolute most you can get and they must be obtained by getting first-third place on a leaderboard. You can't get fourth-tenth place twice for 1 point each.
- Other participants can "race" you to mastering your submission and ruin your planned leaderboard placement, which in turn may alter your reward. There's a chance this will never happen, but the threat will be there.
- If this happens, the participant who suggested the game can choose another one to add to the pool.
- Additionally, all participants may add a game to the pool once per week.

TOKENS:
- Periodically, I will offer a bonus option in monthly challenges that includes a token as a reward.
- For this month, you can earn 1 token by getting first place, but getting a second token will require you to get 1st place two more times, a third token would be four more times after that, etc.
- Tokens can be redeemed at any time during ๐Ÿ’€TBA 2020 for things such as make-up periods, tiebreaker votes for polls, and more. A full list will be posted soon and will be updated occasionally.

APPROVAL CRITERIA:
- Games that can be mastered with a solver or looking up solutions such as picross, sudoku, jigsaw puzzles, quiz games, etc. are automatically disqualified.
- Game submissions by a participant who is credited as an achievement author will be denied. They can, however, sabotage a user who suggested their set by mastering it before them.
- Newer sets and sets with very few players are less likely to be approved.
- Sets that lack proper cheat, save, and/or password protection will be denied.
- Basically, if a set seems cheeseable, it won't be approved. Pick something challenging that you want to master. Free points won't fly here.

TO PARTICIPATE:
- You can post in this thread, send a DM on here or Discord, or ping on Discord. You can contact me or , who is co-hosting this month's challenge.
- Submit a game you would like to master and wait for it to be approved so it can be added to the pool.
- If you have progress in the game already, you must reset your earned achievements for it to qualify.

๐Ÿ’€The exact time frame of this challenge is 00:00 GMT March 1st - 23:59 GMT March 31st๐Ÿ’€

put together a list of games with less than ten masters here. It's a couple weeks old so there's bound to be some differences. It's a good place to start when trying to pick a game, though.

Side note: by participating you can keep busy since he brought back Master of the Month!

Last Edit: 01 Jul, 2020 15:31
Q2 Bi-Weekly Cheevos:

๐Ÿ’€Mar 25 - Apr 07:
๐Ÿ’€Apr 08 - Apr 23:
๐Ÿ’€Apr 24 - May 08:
๐Ÿ’€May 09 - May 23: or
๐Ÿ’€May 23 - Jun 05:
๐Ÿ’€Jun 06 - Jun 18: or
๐Ÿ’€Jun 19 - Jul 02:

All bi-weekly cheevos must be earned between 00:00GMT on the start date and 11:59GMT on the end date, unless I'm late updating it, which I usually am.

Q2 Monthly Challenges:

April
Spoiler (Click to show):
๐Ÿ’€TBA x VGM๐ŸŽต

April's Monthly Challenge is inspired by the two VGM contests that were hosted by . Inspired how? If any submissions were songs that appear in games with achievement sets, those games appear here. A good number of the achievements are related to the songs that were submitted and those achievements are the goal this month. I had to take some liberties with songs like "Title Screen" or "Main Theme" - most of these will instead be random challenges and/or "beat the game" achievements.

Rules:

- For 2 TBA points, participants will be required to earn 500 points worth of these achievements.

- For 1 TBA point, participants will be required to earn 250 points worth of these achievements.

- Several games have multiple achievements that are eligible; you can earn 1 point for every additional achievement that is earned. So if a game has three achievements worth 2, 5, and 10 points, you will earn the base 17 points + 2 extra points.

- Additional bonus points can be earned by getting all the achievements in a predetermined group of games, which you will be able to find below this post.

- Since I'm such a nice guy and we have FIVE EVENTS going on at the moment, I'm including an incentive boost so participants won't need to reset certain achievements or use an alt: If you've earned some of these achievements in Leapfrog 4, TBA2020, AotW 2020, or Challenge League, you will be able to use up to five of them without having to re-earn them. So if you've earned more than that, you'll have to pick which ones to use.

A sample submission:

(34 Points)

(25 Points)

(64 Points)

Total: 123 Points

- For SotN, 5+5+10+5+5 = 30 and since there's 4 additional achievements, there's 4 additional points.
- The * indicates that the participant earned the achievement in a previous event this year.
- If you get one of the bonus awards, you don't need to post it. I'll take care of it.

That's it.

If there are any questions, ask away.

Big thanks to , , , , , and for helping out with the achievement list!

May

June

Last Edit: 04 Jul, 2020 05:06
Q3 Bi-Weekly Cheevos:

๐Ÿ’€Jul 03 - Jul 16:

All bi-weekly cheevos must be earned between 00:00GMT on the start date and 11:59GMT on the end date, unless I'm late updating it, which I usually am, but I've been getting better lately.

Q3 Monthly Challenges:

July:
for two points
for two points + 1 token

Last Edit: 31 Mar, 2020 01:22

Last Edit: 04 Jul, 2020 05:12

Last Edit: 04 Jul, 2020 05:08
List of Participants and Winners
Jan 01 - Jan 14 - 

Jan 15 - Jan 28 - 

Jan 29 - Feb 11 - 

Feb 12 - Feb 25 - 

Feb 26 - Mar 24 - 

Mar 25 - Apr 07 - 

Apr 08 - Apr 23 - 

Apr 24 - May 08 - 

May 09 - May 23 -  or 

Spoiler (Click to show):

May 24 - Jun 05 - 

Jun 06 - Jun 18 -  or 

Jun 19 - Jul 02 - 

January Challenge - 

February Challenge - Leapfrog 4

Spoiler (Click to show):
2 Points
๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ

Day 110
Day 79
Day 66
Day 63
Day 60
Day 59
Day 58
Day 56
Day 54
Day 47
Day 38
Day 34
Day 32
() Day 30
Day 30
Day 30
Day 30
Day 30

1 Point
Day 25
Day 23
() Day 21
() Day 18
Day 18
Day 18
Day 17
Day 16
() Day 16
Day 15

0 Points
Day 14
Day 13
Day 13
Day 11
Day 11
Day 10
Day 8
Day 6
Day 6
Day 5
Day 3
Day 2
Day 1
Day 1
Day 1

March Challenge - March Mastery Month

Spoiler (Click to show):
- 4th Place - 1 TBA Point
- 1st Place - 2 TBA Points + 1 Token
- 8th Place - 1 TBA Point
- 10th Place - 1 TBA Point
- 2nd Place - 2 TBA Points
- 2nd Place - 2 TBA Points
- - 2 TBA Points + 1 Token

April Challenge - ๐Ÿ’€TBA x VGM๐ŸŽต

Spoiler (Click to show):

May Challenge - 

Spoiler (Click to show):
2 Point Winners

1 Point Winners
(used 1 token)

June Challenge - 

Last Edit: 11 Jan, 2020 07:49
FAQ
Why bi-weekly instead of weekly?
This was decided so as not to interfere with the standard AotW competition as well as to compensate for the increased difficulty and time commitments this competition will require.

Can we earn softcore achievements for half the points?
No.

What about earning all achievements EXCEPT the challenge achievements in softcore?
Stop trying to weasel your way around the competition. NO!

What if freepoints slip by and wins in the polls?
Then the suggestion will be axed and 2nd place will be crowned the winner.

Are there going to be make-up weeks?
This will depend entirely on how the competition goes. There MIGHT be some way for newcomers to join in and catch up somehow, but not at the expense of current participants, and it definitely won't be pretty.

Why is it called The Big Achievement 2020?
I had "TBA2020event" as a placeholder title for the event. Obviously, TBA means "To Be Announced" but various users were making their own titles using TBA. The Big Achievement kinda stuck.

Why the GMT Time Zone?
The server uses GMT so all time stamps on achievements are in GMT time. Makes things easier, especially if there's ever disputes about time.

Last Edit: 07 Jan, 2020 02:31
Reserved for Statistics

Last Edit: 25 Feb, 2020 08:52
Suggestion History

January 1 - 14th

January 15th - 28th

January 29th - February 11th

February 12th - February 25th

February 26th - March 10th

Posted: 08 Dec, 2019 01:08
H Y P E I S R E A L Y A K N O W D U D E
Y
P
E
I
S
R
E
A
L
Y
A
K
N
O
W
D
U
D
E

Posted: 08 Dec, 2019 01:45
Hโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€ƒโ€Šโ€„Eโ€ƒโ€ƒHโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€†Hโ€ƒโ€†โ€†โ€†โ€†โ€†H โ€ŠY โ€ŠPโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒH โ€Šโ€ŠYโ€Šโ€Š Pโ€Šโ€Š E
Yโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€ƒโ€‚โ€ŠPโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒYโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€†โ€†Yโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒYโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€ƒโ€‚Eโ€ƒโ€†โ€†โ€†โ€†โ€†โ€ŠY
Pโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€ƒโ€‚โ€ŠYโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒPโ€ƒโ€†โ€†Pโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒPโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€ƒโ€‚Pโ€ƒโ€ƒP
E โ€Šโ€ŠP โ€Šโ€ŠY โ€Šโ€ŠHโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€†โ€†โ€†โ€†โ€†Eโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒE โ€ŠHโ€Š Yโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€Šโ€Šโ€Šโ€Šโ€Šโ€Šโ€Šโ€Šโ€Šโ€Šโ€Šโ€ŠE โ€Šโ€ŠPโ€Šโ€Š Y โ€Šโ€ŠH
Pโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€ƒโ€Šโ€‚Yโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒPโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒPโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒP
Yโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€ƒโ€Šโ€‚Pโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒYโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒYโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒY
Hโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€ƒโ€Šโ€„Eโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€‚โ€†โ€†โ€†Hโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€†โ€†โ€†โ€†โ€†Hโ€ƒโ€Šโ€Šโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€†โ€†โ€†โ€†โ€†H โ€Šโ€ŠYโ€Šโ€Š P โ€Šโ€ŠE

Posted: 27 Dec, 2019 09:58
can't wait to 100% mario 64 twice

Posted: 27 Dec, 2019 13:46
can't wait to 200% ~bonus~ megaman

Posted: 27 Dec, 2019 18:11
Last Edit: 27 Dec, 2019 18:17
HYPE
Spoiler (Click to show):
H   H Y   Y PPPPP EEEEE
H H Y Y P P E
HHHHH Y PPPPP EEE
H H Y P E