Pass: 

Sony Playstation Achievements

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
AuthorMessage

kdecks
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 00:26
|Official Announcement|

PSX is finally here! Well, almost.

This weekend we are planning to provide a pre-release build of RALibRetro with PlayStation 1 support to developers interested in making PSX sets. An official release of RALibRetro with PlayStation 1 support will occur in September, allowing players to start earning achievements. This one-month interval gives us a chance to prepare several titles before launch and identify and correct any issues in the implementation. This also gives us time to implement support in RetroArch, though their release schedule will not likely coincide with ours.

We will be encouraging a collaborative effort between developers to work on the most anticipated titles. Even if you are not a developer you may be able to help. In the various game forum topics you can post achievement ideas or volunteer for testing, creating badges, or maybe you have something else you'd like to do to help out.

Rollout planning is credited to the staff for a lot of discussion and consideration for how we will handle the release.

Big thanks to for recently getting the hashing problems solved, among many other (including ongoing) things to get integration and support ready.

Feel free to discuss this topic as much as you'd like in this thread.

Kat2K
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 00:38
Last Edit: 07 Aug, 2019 00:42
First to approve! Thanks for all the work put into this.

OmegaVideoGameGod
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 00:51
Last Edit: 07 Aug, 2019 00:51
No way, there's still tons of untranslated PSX games that need to be translated. You guys are amazing. My days of seeing achievements for Summon Night 1 and 2 are upon me.

rabbids4eva
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 00:52
There are even prototypes of unreleased games like Thrill Kill, Superman, Deuce and even a playable demo of the cancelled Titan A.E. movie game. So many interesting finds that could make interesting achievement sets.

OmegaVideoGameGod
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 00:58
Being someone who plays a lot of untranslated games, I wanna go off by saying that most of the games for psx were Japanese only.

OmegaVideoGameGod
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 00:59
We still have tons of games to add to this website, but wait until we hit ps2 games, way to many untranslated games to add.

erfg12
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 01:02
I would like to work on the Warcraft II achievements! I tried with Starcraft for N64, but the video plugin got in the way. As long as there aren't any issues with the Playstation core, I would love to work on WC2!

Cerulean7
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 01:02
I would love to suggest some achievements, but I would rather work with someone on it, preferably a developer?

OmegaVideoGameGod
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 01:06
I got a bunch of recommendations as well, I can even translate them as well if anybody needs help learning Japanese.

outrun
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 01:07
My dreams come true, thank you guys!!

Retrobert
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 01:31
Wow, this is great! There is too many great games on the PlayStation. Congratulations on making this possible.

ShyGuysBadVibes
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 02:13
Thank you team retro!!
Tomba! And breath of fire III please !!!

OmegaVideoGameGod
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 02:26
@ShyGuysBadVibes "The world's greatest laugh?!"

FaytSealion
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 02:55
I finally understand what it means to cry of happiness.

Cerulean7
Posted: 07 Aug, 2019 03:03
:D
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account