Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Pokemon - FireRed Version

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AuthorMessage

Posted: 19 Jan, 2019 20:13
I'm pretty sure that music id is used for most achievements. Alternatives might be found though. I'm pretty sure the Music and Area ID values don't actually represent the Music and Area IDs.

Posted: 19 Jan, 2019 20:58
Last Edit: 19 Jan, 2019 21:35
[0x000fc0] (16-Bit) Actual Music ID Seems to match with the German Version. [0x2be8a] Battle Won Type (=01 Won, =02 Lost, =04 Run, =07 Caught) seems to match as well. I'll unlink it for now as I'm too lazy to fix the achievements but they can be linked with some tweaks.

Also tested the Japanese Version. Actual Music ID matches but Battle Won Type is at [0x02bdea] instead. Alts will have to be used if you use that. Area ID is also at a different address.

Posted: 01 Oct, 2019 20:56
Last Edit: 01 Oct, 2019 21:22
achievements with the moemon patch don't work(they don't show up at all).
Any tips on what could be the problem?

edit: nevermind, I found an already-patched rom and it seems to be working

Posted: 02 Oct, 2019 09:38
They do now

Posted: 02 Oct, 2019 09:39
Last Edit: 02 Oct, 2019 09:39
awesome, thanks!

Posted: 01 Feb, 2020 02:53
Last Edit: 02 Feb, 2020 12:08
Does the v1.1 ROM works with this?

Posted: 15 May, 2020 13:28
Last Edit: 15 May, 2020 14:01
time to continue my quest to become the most hated person on retroachievements.

revision plan:

progression:
- Defeat your rival for the first time. [m] -> Obtain the Pokedex.
- Rescue Lostelle on Three Island. -> Catch the Hypno keeping Lostelle hostage. [m]
- Catch Chansey. -> - Catch Snorlax. [m] since there's no achievement for it.
- What's in core set already minus seperate e4 member achievements.
- Maybe minus some other redundant achievements as well (Saffron City Rival is literally 10 seconds before the Giovanni fight)

challenges/optional:
- Defeat all trainers and collect all Items at x not@ble location (there will be no defeat all trainers/collect all items in the game, maybe get all x hidden items i don't know yet)
- Collect all of x not@ble item (TMs, Rare Candies, Moon Stones)
- Collect hard to get/itemfinder/unique items (Lucky Egg, Soothe Bell, Exp. Share)
- Wish i could make the lava cookie at the ss anne an achievement but i can't
- Bested Gyms/League (since frlg is way harder than gen 1)
- Other Battle-related challenges
- Trainer Card Stars/Stickers that don't require multiplayer.
- Fame Checker
- Various side content that wasn't in the original set (Trainer Tower Speedrun, Unown, Mystery Gift(?))
- and more!

misc.:
- New Badges
- Finished Leaderboards and Region Support if Spory decides to stop working on it
- Add [m] tags to legendaries because we obviously need them
- +1000 tickets for the site at launch
- Oh and merging FireRed and LeafGreen obviously :)

(All achievements will go over the FireRed entry but anyone who only has LeafGreen achievements will get them ported over.)

notice:
Since people were yelling at me about it last time please join the RetroAchievements discord and opt in to the voting roles if you disagree with my revision plan or want to suggest anything (that isn't don't merge the games). https://discord.gg/dq2E4hE

Posted: 15 May, 2020 14:12
Just a heads-up that voting is happening right now on Discord to change the achievements in this set, and once again the vote to merge is winning. If you want to be heard, get on Discord.

Posted: 15 May, 2020 14:19
Last Edit: 15 May, 2020 14:20
Also, the vote got split between three ways between one yes, and two different versions on no, effectively splitting the vote. Stop it with the voter suppression.

Posted: 15 May, 2020 14:29
wasn't my idea sporytike wanted c. I was going to not count it but i figured c would win by a landslide

Posted: 15 May, 2020 14:49
i decided downvote and c counts towards same total and whichever one has more is what i go with. That seems fair, right?

Posted: 15 May, 2020 14:53
Yes, thank you for doing that and also having the voting announced on the homepage. Sorry again for stressing you out. Just want to make sure everything is fair.

Posted: 15 May, 2020 15:05
, if the merge wins, please take note of the demoted achievements and their equivalents on the set that will stay alive. So I can later award all players who got the achievement in the demoted set with their respective equivalent in the "alive" set.

Posted: 15 May, 2020 18:25
Last Edit: 15 May, 2020 18:26
Do ANY devs plan on touching the “combined” versions of these games such as crystal/emerald/etc in the future even if very far out?

No qualms with what’s going on just would like to know before I bother continuing crystal or starting any other pokemon games going forward as I have zero interest replaying for missables added later

Posted: 15 May, 2020 18:31
Last Edit: 15 May, 2020 18:35
I'm seeing interest on the Discord chats to eventually merge all the Pokemon sets. It's just talk at this point, but I could easily see it happening.
FRLG was a big step in the right direction though. The split voting kerfuffle got sorted out, and there was due notice for the voting on the homepage. As long as that keeps happening, I can accept the merges even if I personally don't like them.
But yeah, I'd say don't play anything gen 2 yet as GSC are probably next if they intend to go in order.
Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account