User: 
Pass: 

RA News - April and May/2019

AuthorMessage

meleu
Posted: 03 Jun, 2019 14:48
Last Edit: 07 Jun, 2019 10:39
Hello RA family!

I wasn't able to keep track of things we did to post the RA News for April and May, but well, we are still progressing.

Some stuff I remember:

- RetroArch 1.7.7 was released! And some cool/important cheevos related features came with it:
-- popup badges. By
-- rcheevos is finally integrated into RetroArch. By , with support.
-- worked on a port of QUASI88, PC-8800 series emulator, to a libretro core (yeah, to play on RetroArch). It's still a work in progress and lacks some features (such as disk swapping), but already supports cheevos. Github repo: https://github.com/libretro/quasi88-libretro

- RADocs:
-- did an awesome job translating most (if not all) dev docs to spanish, I hope to see some desarrolladores de logros popping around.

- RAEmus (actually bad news)
-- After RANes release some virus scanners are detecting problems with our emulators. And looks like Google flagged our site as distributing malware. This is something that only the site owner () can solve. Then let's be patient. Alternatives: https://github.com/RetroAchievements/docs/wiki/Downloads and https://github.com/RetroAchievements/RAEmus/releases. If you are just a player (don't want to create achievements), using RetroArch is also an alternative.

Uhm... There are surely more news, but those are the ones I managed to remember.

I would like to use this same post to say a personal thing: RL got on my way and I am no longer able to be an admin of RetroAchievements (due to the lack of free time).

I would like to thank you guys for all the fun. Fortunatelly RA is now stronger than ever, with an active and plural staff caring for the project.

I will surely come back when RL calms down a bit and I have my free time again.

Keep rocking guys!

MagusPC
Posted: 03 Jun, 2019 15:05
Keep grinding brother and good luck. You will be missed.

JMaio
Posted: 03 Jun, 2019 15:45
Good luck !

kdecks
Posted: 03 Jun, 2019 22:21
meleu is surely the best of us. Your absence will be missed.

--------------

I'd like to point out that even though the RAemus are flagged as malware you can still download them from the site.

Using Chrome:
- Start the download as normal from the downloads page
- Press Ctrl + J(downloads screen in Chrome)
- Select Keep Dangerous File
- Select Keep Anyway
- Scan the files to reassure yourself that there is no malware

Kat2K
Posted: 03 Jun, 2019 22:31
Thank you for the Retropie help, and the humor.

Take care and visit us. :)

eldexter
Posted: 04 Jun, 2019 03:33
Goodbye cowboy 😔✌

OmegaVideoGameGod
Posted: 04 Jun, 2019 04:06
God speed man, also I'm sick of seeing false positives with malware/virus protections.

Thoreau
Posted: 04 Jun, 2019 12:52
Indeed it's very pleasing to see the project evolving!

, you'll be greatly missed, hope you come back as soon as possible.

KarzarSmike
Posted: 05 Jun, 2019 02:04
when i joined he made fun of me epickly love ya brother

meleu
Posted: 07 Jun, 2019 10:55
I forgot to mention an important contribution from . He did an awesome job translating most (if not all) dev docs to spanish, I hope to see some desarrolladores de logros popping around.

IMHO it's #community-news worthy (same for site News).

I've edited the OP accordingly.

cya!

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account