║      Top 5               ║
╚═════════════════════╝
Rank  Player     Score
1       369,800
2     236,000
3        200,900
4        121,300
5      108,700

Congratulations to the top 5 for being the best players for the month, to everyone else, better luck next time.

December 2018 Leaderboard of the Month: Highest Score

Next up in our lineup of Christmas competitions we have the highest score for Toadette's Christmas Adventure. Toadette's Christmas Adventure is a short romhack where you play as Toadette through ice and snow-based levels in order to save Toad. Those who are unfamiliar with the game but would like to see how it plays can check out a video here. The contest runs from December 1st to December 31s, good luck.

Scores can be viewed here.

BleuSkie
Posted: 05 Dec, 2018 01:23
Last Edit: 05 Dec, 2018 03:34
^Just realized that game can be pretty easily cheesed. I could probably get around 400k, but eh. Might not be the best game to use for a high score thing. Admittedly, this is the first month I have noticed/participated in this so not sure if I'm out of line for mentioning it.

BenGhazi
Posted: 05 Dec, 2018 08:14
"Just realized that game can be pretty easily cheesed. I could probably get around 400k, but eh. Might not be the best game to use for a high score thing."

Can you DM me with some more info? If the leaderboard itself is faulty I will definitely look into fixing it, but if it's more of a quirk for the game itself it can be seen as part of the challenge to find out how to exploit it.

"Admittedly, this is the first month I have noticed/participated in this so not sure if I'm out of line for mentioning it."

You don't have to worry about that, I'm always going to appreciate being told about any issue that comes up.

Hotscrock
Posted: 06 Dec, 2018 00:16
The leaderboard code isn't faulty apparently. As far as I noticed you can earn more points by other means other than completing the game and I think it don't spoil the challenge since you need to find the better way to reach a higher score.

BleuSkie
Posted: 06 Dec, 2018 00:29
Sure, I can DM you. No problem with the leaderboard itself, so maybe it's alright? Unsure, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

BleuSkie
Posted: 08 Dec, 2018 20:59
Last Edit: 08 Dec, 2018 21:04
So I didn't hear back yet, so figured I'd see how high the score can go. Leaderboard attempt got canceled out at 500k :P 600k is the highest I could get, but a few optimizations could make it a bit higher.

EDIT: and I do think it spoils the fun a bit @Hotscrock, but as I said I have no frame of reference since this is the first I've been a part of this.

BenGhazi
Posted: 08 Dec, 2018 21:22
Games have exploits, learning those exploits is just part of getting a good score.

BleuSkie
Posted: 09 Dec, 2018 00:56
It feels like more of a glitch tbh. Then could you make the leaderboard cap higher than 500k?

BenGhazi
Posted: 09 Dec, 2018 07:21
I went ahead and fixed that portion of the leaderboard, it should be safe to max out the score now.

BleuSkie
Posted: 09 Dec, 2018 21:00
Cool, thanks.
Page: < 1 2 3

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account