login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Pokemon Snap

Page: < 1 2 3 >
AuthorMessage

ikki5
Posted: 30 Jan, 2019 20:32
You need to open the alternate path in the Valley before you can submit signs.

SporyTike
Posted: 31 Jan, 2019 08:14
I wonder why there is no achievement for taking a snap of all 63 pokemon.

kdecks
Posted: 31 Jan, 2019 17:30
Last Edit: 31 Jan, 2019 20:00
Oops. I'd call that an oversight. We will get it in soon.

Edit:
I've coded one. You'll need to reach the moment in game when the Professor tells you you've completed the Pokemon report. Sorry if it's an inconvenience if you've already done this. If you can show proof that you've completed the report I'll make sure it's awarded to you, (just send me a message with the proof in the #help-me channel in Discord.)

It's live but I'll leave it to to rename it, add the badge and re-balance the set.

Few other things; just want to self-credit that I made the game icon; hope you like it. Also, I didn't conceptually design any of the set, all credit goes to for that.

Protip, I've noticed on P64 that during scoring the game will sometimes crash if you rush through it with B. Use A and don't rush, is my advice.

FaytSealion
Posted: 01 Feb, 2019 04:05
Anyone else having issues with not being able to move the camera in the rail sections? Stick works fine everywhere else, using a ps4 controller with NRage Plugin. First game I've seen this issue with.

Ideas?

SporyTike
Posted: 01 Feb, 2019 09:38
Some players had the same problem and it sems to be a rom problem. Use another rom, for me the rom with the name Pokemon Snap (USA).n64 works.

FaytSealion
Posted: 01 Feb, 2019 16:22
I found using angrylion's plugin for graphics has fixed the controls, red issue, and signs as well!

SporyTike
Posted: 01 Feb, 2019 20:47
Is there a way to fix the background problem on the Rainbow Course on RetroArch?

gunstarheroes
Posted: 01 Feb, 2019 21:12
None that I have found, sadly. Haven’t really needed to fix it since it’s still not bad on judging the Mew itself, but i certainly wouldn’t mind if anyone else knew a fix!

SporyTike
Posted: 02 Feb, 2019 14:51
If you have problems to get a good size score for some pokemons (for example Moltres) and use RetroArch you should try to get the achievements in RAP64. I tested it by myself and did the same strat for Moltres and I stuck on 400-550 points for size for Moltres in RetroArch. First try in RAP64 and got 920 points. Seems to be an emulator issue.

yendihunt
Posted: 02 Feb, 2019 15:01
Last Edit: 02 Feb, 2019 15:02
Thanks for the tip SporyTike. I'm convinced Retroarch's issues come from input lag that feels almost worse in Snap, I've even turned off hardcore mode, used save states and crazy slowdown to get a pixel-perfect Moltres according to a YT video, and it's still coming up really low and honestly, doesn't look like the photo I took when I get to the Oak screen. Feels like it's coming up a couple frames too late, just can't pinpoint how much yet.

krazitrain
Posted: 11 Feb, 2019 06:43
Last Edit: 11 Feb, 2019 08:01
(ignore, deleted)

DrDro
Posted: 11 Feb, 2019 08:37
Last Edit: 11 Feb, 2019 08:38
To those having problems getting sign photos or other photo based events, like getting lapras closer, make sure youre using RAP64, go to options then settings, or ctrl+t, expand the "config: pokemon snap" menu, click on plugins and under "Video plugin" select "GLideN64 Public Release 3.0" and click the apply button. That fixed it for me.

P.S.- Have fun getting that perfect mew pic and 4k ditto shots....those were brutal lol.

ikki5
Posted: 11 Feb, 2019 15:47
Last Edit: 11 Feb, 2019 16:06
I decided to just remove the achievement I created. It doesn't really fall in line with the dev CoC and honestly, it is not something that you need to do remotely any work for, you basically press a button. So I have demoted it and reallocated it's points to another achievement.

krazitrain
Posted: 12 Feb, 2019 05:06
Last Edit: 12 Feb, 2019 06:52
DrDro, you're a damn hero! Thanks!

Also, any tips for the challenge courses? I've beaten the Cave course by over 300k, and the achievement hasn't popped.

Cheers!

DrDro
Posted: 12 Feb, 2019 10:23
Last Edit: 12 Feb, 2019 10:26
@krazitrain It shouldve popped up idk. do you have leaderboards enabled? I had mine on but with the messages hidden, someone posted how on the main page of the game. I checked the boards for the cave and it didnt even show you come up. so maybe thats why

As for tips for the levels themselves you wanna make sure you take pics of each species found in the level at least once then just know which pics are gonna be graded high and take a bunch of those.like motres,zapdos, articuno or special events. should go over pretty quickly
Page: < 1 2 3 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account