User: 
Pass: 

Super Mario Bros

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
AuthorMessage

Posted: 02 Feb, 2014 08:21
I think Mario Bros needs more cheevs to catch up with Mario Bros 3 :p

Suggestions:

-"Beat game without warp zones" still hasn't been added from the initial suggestions and it would be nice to have something that ecourages a normal playthrough without warping. (I think its possible at present to get all the cheevs while warping - you can still completely skip worlds 3,4,5)

-Also, there's a 1up trick similar to the one made in Mario 3 where you can rack up a silly amount of 1ups.. I think it's a glitch used at the end of 3-1 just before the flagpole, repeatedly stomping on a koopa shell.. does anyone know it?

-The minus world glitch sounds cool though I've never done it myself.. I'd be up for that.

-"This is pointless" - kill Lakitu 3 times in a row

Thats an extra 4 cheevs right there :) Thoughts?

Posted: 02 Feb, 2014 09:14
"More Secrets"
-find the secret warp zone in world 4-2

"Close encounters of the sharp kind"
-jump clean over one of the tallest pirahna-plant pipes

"Mario and the beanstalk"
-find the beanstalk in world 3-1 (or possibly a cheevo for finding all the beanstalks in the game??)

Posted: 02 Feb, 2014 11:32
"Fish hunt"
defeat all underwater enemies in world 2-2

"wrong power-up"
touch a fireflower when you are small Mario

"ultimate showdown"
defeat bowser on the final level with firepower

"Legendary playthrough"
defeat hardmode without warping and without losing a life

Posted: 06 Mar, 2014 00:55
would be nice if this game had any% and any% without warps speedrun leaderboards

Posted: 06 Mar, 2014 01:09
Unfortunately that isn't possible for games that don't have a built-in overall timer. (From the moment the game starts to the moment it ends) Each individual stage has a timer, so each individual stage can have a leaderboard.

Posted: 19 Jul, 2015 03:13
No score achievements is kinda bad. 1M for people?

-James

Posted: 12 Sep, 2016 23:56
Last Edit: 13 Sep, 2016 00:35
Revision finished.

Changes:
1. Updated the game icon
2. Updateed some badges icons
3. Made "no ko walktrough" challenge more capable by dividing it per world
4. Expanded the list with total of 28 new achievements

Posted: 13 Sep, 2016 23:32
Last Edit: 13 Sep, 2016 23:35
Bummer, if you had posted you were on the way to create some more achievements for the game I would had proposed the following ones (in order of preference):

- Making a Hammer Bro walking towards you and chase you
- Killing X number of enemies while having the effect of a star (probably not by touching the enemies since that may be too hard to do with the tools, but just to simulate older games where you get a 1up after your 8th enemy)
- See all identities of Bowser (kill him in each world and not just world 1)
- Dancing above a beanstalk for several seconds
- Make a Scale Lift fall and get 1000 points
- Hitting a buzzy beetle from below (in the air), it gives you lots of points IIRC

Posted: 14 Sep, 2016 00:16
Last Edit: 14 Sep, 2016 00:32
I posted "WIP" on the games wall before making the suplement... But I know, it's not enough. Honestly, from now on I'll post a message (also asking for optional suggestions) in the official topic, before doing any revision of "complete" and incomplete lists.
They are mostly cute little curios, which still could spice the set a little bit. I thought about trying to make a "walktrough without any warps" achievement, which was already requested, but one cheevo is not enough reason to make another revison, especially just after I just made one. Now the goal is a little bigger. How about making it even larger - achievements for clearing worlds with the lowest possible score (or is it too much)? I'll try to figure them out tommorow (well... later today, as it's after 2AM here).

BTW. About the achievement for "seeing all identities of Bowser" - I could make a challenge out of it, making a cheevo for doing it in one game. Although, I'm not sure if it's a better idea, then 7 seperate badges.

Posted: 14 Sep, 2016 17:55
Really would like your opinion about making another revision for the set. Especially new achievements for clearing each world with lowest possible score (all starting from 1-1). I won't make them if I won't get any answer about it.

Posted: 14 Sep, 2016 20:55
That would fit better in a leaderboard than an achievement. And since there are already plenty of leaderboards, I don't see it that appealing. If it were the other way around (even if split 1 per level and not world) for the highest score w/o dying, I find that more interesting (but again, only as leaderboard).

Besides, with the lowest score you could always start from certain world and have 0 pts, so it wouldn't be too challenging...

Posted: 14 Sep, 2016 22:23
Last Edit: 14 Sep, 2016 22:24
How about" pacifist walktrough" cheevos for getting to Bowser without ko'ing and smushing any regular enemy?

Posted: 15 Sep, 2016 00:38
I guess that kind of complements achievement.

Posted: 15 Sep, 2016 09:42
Last Edit: 15 Sep, 2016 09:51
Yeah, ko'ing enemies in Penniless Plumber is still allowed - you're restricted from collecting power ups and coins. Those new achievements would allow you to collect everything except fireflower (both from technical and fundamental reason). Avoiding moving obstacles is really something different in my opinion.

Posted: 22 Sep, 2016 12:58
Last Edit: 22 Sep, 2016 13:08
Again... I don't think there is any essential point for copying whole RAM map into memory inspector. In the current state, large number of code notes is only making all of usefull ones harder to browse. It might be better to have all of those addresses noted, if you want to observe a region of RAM at once. But most of those details will be useless in actual achievement developing. Until we don't have something to distinguish all of the most useful values, making extensive elaboration of RAM addresses inside a tool which is used to construct achievements, will only make that tool less efficient.
Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account