Site News Catchup 1/6

StingX206 Jan, 2023 18:41(Edited 06 Jan, 2023 18:41)
Welcome to 2023 folks! Its Friday NEWS
This is a new segment approved for weekly release to make sure that site only users are still informed on what's going on. This first issue will have a small bit of backlog.

PSA: Update your emulators and cores, be a hero!

Events You Can Still Earn Badges In ATM If You Haven't Started

Challenge League (Ends 2/1)
Daily Distractions (Ends 3/1)
Achievement of the Week 2023 (Ends 12/31)
Challenge League The Top 100 (Ends 12/31)
The Unwanted (No End, Monthly Reset)

Site Features + Emulator Updates

-You into Retroarch customization? Go Here
-RAWeb 2.5.0 has been released
-Completion/mastery icons for game progress bars

-Stylized categories/subsets in game titles

-Added Other emulator filter in ticket manager

General

-starlite has graduated from Jr Dev School with a set on Bionicle GBA (Bionicle (Game Boy Advance) Bionicle (Game Boy Advance))
-The most popular emotes on RA Discord this week:
-Jr Dev Help Voice Channel has been created on discord so Code Reviewers can provide help
-God of War is the fastest set on site to hit 2000 Players
-Here are the top 25 most played PS2 sets after 3 months
1 God of War
2 Need for Speed: Underground
3 Need for Speed: Underground 2
4 Bully | Canis Canem Edit
5 Simpsons, The: Hit & Run
6 Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
7 Resident Evil 4
8 Tony Hawk's Underground
9 LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
10 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
11 SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
12 Shadow of the Colossus
13 Dragon Ball Z: Budokai
14 Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
15 Silent Hill 2
16 Tekken Tag Tournament
17 Lord of the Rings, The: The Return of the King
18 Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening - Special Edition
19 Soulcalibur II
20 Silent Hill 3
21 Ape Escape 2
22 Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix
23 Simpsons Game, The
24 Sonic Heroes
25 Soulcalibur III

Events

-Challenge League The Top 100 started, you can start the first 10 events now! You get a badge at 30 points, or 60 if you like a challenge, or 90 if you're a stud
-RA Awards 2022 is running and here are the awards that have been voted on so far
Best Sonic Hack of 2022 is ~Hack~ Pepsi in Sonic the Hedgehog I (Mega Drive) Pepsi in Sonic the Hedgehog I (Mega Drive) Hack by MaddieKittyTV
What was the Best New Rule or Guideline of 2022 is New Claim System Rules
Who was the best NEW Developer of 2022?: gollawiz
What was the best MegaDuck rollout set? Vex by TheJediSonic Vex (Mega Duck) Vex (Mega Duck)
What was the best 32X set of 2022? Virtua Racing Deluxe by MGNS8M Virtua Racing Deluxe (32X) Virtua Racing Deluxe (32X)
What 3DO set was best of 2022? Alone in the Dark II by guindev Alone in the Dark II (3DO Interactive Multiplayer) Alone in the Dark II (3DO Interactive Multiplayer)
What was the best Apple II set of 2022? Zork I - The Great Underground Empire by guindev Zork I: The Great Underground Empire (Apple II) Zork I: The Great Underground Empire (Apple II)
What was the best Atari 7800 set of 2022? Galaga by Brandovsky Galaga (Atari 7800) Galaga (Atari 7800)
Best Atari Jaguar Set of 2022? Rayman by Snow Rayman (Atari Jaguar) Rayman (Atari Jaguar)
What was the best Colecovision set of 2022? Donkey Kong Junior by LordAndrew Donkey Kong Junior (ColecoVision) Donkey Kong Junior (ColecoVision)
What was the best Atari Lynx Set of 2022? Crystal Mines II by pinguupinguu Crystal Mines II (Atari Lynx) Crystal Mines II (Atari Lynx)
What was the best Intellivision set of 2022? Frog Bog by MGNS8M Frog Bog (Intellivision) Frog Bog (Intellivision)
Best Magnavox Odyssey set of 2022? ~Homebrew~ Boobs by deng ~Homebrew~ Boobs (Magnavox Odyssey 2) Boobs (Magnavox Odyssey 2) Homebrew
What was the best Vectrex set of 2022? Dark Tower by BigWeedSmokerMan ~Prototype~ Dark Tower (Vectrex) Dark Tower (Vectrex) Prototype
What was the best SG1000 set of 2022? Soukoban by pinguupinguu Soukoban (SG-1000) Soukoban (SG-1000)
Best Leaderboard Creator? wolfman2000

Developers

-New Rule (it is not written in the CoC yet due to external issues) but was announced in Community News and will be enforced as of January 10th
```If a user with either Developer or Jr. Developer status changes accounts, achievements and tickets under the old account will be re-authored and reassigned to the new account```

Community

Retro Achievements Podcast Ep 2 is out Listen here

Minecraft

-Creepers can still kill us but not our blocks!
-Luchaos showed some cool map photos this week including this Bowser he made

(spot the kiwi!)

Polls, What Does Discord Think? With the Top Answer of Each!

-wrecking crew? (Never played it)
-Which best describes your view of the N64 library? (Above average library)
-Does it bother you when Achievement Sets don't end in a multiple of 5? (No)
-For levels with multiple difficulties, which is better? (An achievement for completing all difficulties)

Upcoming Key Dates

First Two Weeks of the Year: Aotw Badges and PS2 Launch Badges Should Go Out
2/4: RA Rouletee 2023 Begins

Call to Arms

Many hacks lack boxarts, make one today and send it to site cleanup on discord or QATeam account on site with the title "Missing Boxart"
cgdiniz06 Jan, 2023 19:25(Edited 06 Jan, 2023 19:31)

WOOW, finally the tagmarks are beautiful and not ~Like this~

It's a little thing but makes a lot of difference. So cool.

I see that the Completion Progress sidebar changed too, and it's a lot better. Fonts seem smaller, and looking in other profiles I saw that the tagmarks are placed above the game titles, that's also really nice.

Thanks to everyone involved.
AleKing3106 Jan, 2023 20:49
The icons for the progress bar were cool
Mendil06 Jan, 2023 22:24
This is great!
hexyeah07 Jan, 2023 02:52(Edited 07 Jan, 2023 17:11)
Nice update, keep up the good work ๐Ÿ‘
Andrevus08 Jan, 2023 22:25
I hope the tags for things like Hack, Homebrew and Test Kit are just the start, would love to see separate tags for each console instead of just plastering a (console) at the end.
Digifiend14 Jan, 2023 13:55
Good idea. Maybe they can include an icon, like what Retroarch uses.

You must log in before you can join this conversation.