This Year’s Goal: Resolve/close 1000 tickets for inactive developers
If that seems high, these are the previous totals:
Devember🍂2018 (Events): 650 tickets
Devember🍂2019 (Events): 1,281 tickets
Devember🍂2020 (Events): 1,520 tickets
Devember🍂2021 (Events): 824 tickets
At the time of this post, we already have 650 tickets knocked out!
HARDCORE BADGE REQUIREMENTS
- Earn at least 150 points throughout the event.
- Accept and complete at least 3 challenges on the Devember Wheel of Doom
SOFTCORE BADGE REQUIREMENTS
- Earn at least 100 points throughout the event.
- Accept and complete at least 1 challenge on the Devember Wheel of Doom
In addition to the badge, the users with the top three overall scores will have their own achievements for the event entry. There will also be other achievements devoted to MVPs of several categories such as "Most Tickets Resolved," "Most Wheel Challenges Completed," etc.
- 1 point - Resolve or close a ticket that was opened after the event started
- 2 point - Resolve or close a ticket
- 3 point - Resolve or close a ticket that was opened after the event started for an RPG or other notably long games
- 4 point - Resolve or close a ticket for an RPG or other notably long games
(submit these by messaging QATeam
- 2 points - Provide a save/state for a unique ticketed achievement for an inactive developer
- 4 points - Provide a save/state for a unique ticketed achievement for an RPG or other notably long games
- 10 points - Provide complete saves/states for an entire set with an inactive developer
- 30 points - Provide complete save states for an entire RPG set or other notably long games
(If multiple developers contribute to these, they will be split by percentage)
- 3 points - Free a game of all its tickets (3-4 tickets)
- 10 points - Free a game of all its tickets (5-9 tickets)
- 15 points - Free a game of all its tickets (10+ tickets)
- 10 points - Free an inactive developer of all their tickets (5-9 tickets)
- 20 points - Free an inactive developer of all their tickets (10+ tickets)
(These are automatically given to all active participants upon reaching major goals)
- 10 points - Resolve/Close all tickets for Mega Drive/Genesis games
- 10 points - Resolve/Close all tickets for games that got achievements in RA’s first year.
- 15 points - Resolve/Close all tickets from 2020
- 20 points - Resolve/Close all tickets from 2021
- 20 points - Resolve/Close a total of 500 tickets - COMPLETE
- 50 points - Resolve/Close a total of 1000 tickets
TRACKING YOUR PROGRESS
- Request for a sheet to be made for you. This will generate a log and add you to the scoreboard.
- Your log will be the tab wiith your username.
- You only need to fill in the sections that are highlighted. Everything else should fill in automatically.
- There will be periodic sweeps to apply bonuses. These will be applied by the event host(s).
The Dev Wheel of Doom
- The wheel consists of several specific challenges which will award points to those who complete them.
- Upon being assigned a challenge, you can either accept it or re-spin.
- Developers may opt to choose the player challenge instead at time of spin.
- Additional challenges will be added throughout the event.
- Some challenges are limited and will be removed once completed.
- When you request a spin of the Dev Wheel of Doom, it will land on a reference code. These codes are listed in column A of this sheet.
- You can respin as many times as you want… at a cost. Resolve a single ticket or provide a valid save state to earn a respin, two tickets/states for the second respin, three tickets/states for the third respin, etc. These must be NEW ticket resolutions since the spin, not your overall total.
- If you respin and land on the same challenge before completing one, you can respin again with no penalty. These requirements will reset upon finally accepting and completing a challenge.
- Devs may choose to do either the Dev or Player challenge.
- If a challenge becomes unobtainable, it will be removed.
- Challenges involving tickets stack with the points for handling tickets.
- If two users get the same one-time challenge, the second can re-spin for free or attempt to collab. Collabs will distribute the bonus points among all involved.
Example of a wheel spin:
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER!
- Before working on a ticket, state your intent to do so in the ticket's comments. This is to prevent overlap!
- DO NOT edit achievements of an active developer unless the ticket is over two months old! Even then, be sure to give them a heads up!
- Tickets for YOUR achievements DO NOT count!
- DO NOT spam tickets, open false tickets, or piggyback with another developer to boost your score!
- Back up the logic of achievements that you edit!
- No closing tickets without proper testing. Just because you can’t replicate it, doesn’t mean there is not a problem.
- For saves/states, no-effort/meme sets will not count. No Venetian Blinds Demo, Color a Dinosaur, Flappy Bird, Snakes, etc.
- Saves/states submitted to Quality Quest prior to the Devember 2022 start date are not eligible for credit.
- No double-dipping for tickets AND saves/states! Pick one!
The current scoreboard can be seen here.