Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Sonic Spinball

Page: < 1 2
AuthorMessage

Posted: 18 Feb, 2014 17:15
Sorry, I didn't check back for your response. I don't really know anything about genesis emulation and couldn't really find different versions of the Sonic Spinball rom, but I did try both the US and the European version.

Posted: 25 Feb, 2014 13:20
Fixed again all boss, they should be work for now...

Posted: 25 Apr, 2014 10:53
Last Edit: 25 Apr, 2014 10:53
1) None of the boss-defeat cheevos work with european Spinball.

2) I wondered why the "Catcher Emeralds Stage 3" (short name now "CE3") cheevo didn't fire, had a look at the other Catcher Emeralds cheevs and spotted a little difference, fixed that myself:

In all "CE" cheevs you check for the ring counter being 255. In "CE1", "CE2" and "CE4" it is a "Reset if:" criteria, in "CE3" it was not a "Reset if:" criteria. So I figure the "CE3" cheevo would only fire if all emeralds in stage 3 have been collected and Rings are exactly 255 (which I think was not desired). I changed it to "Reset if:" and it works fine now.

Question: Why do you even use Rings = 255 as a "Reset if" criteria in so many cheevos?

Posted: 25 Apr, 2014 11:08
When you die, The rings code will be FF (255), that all cheevo appear bug, so that why i add reset if = 255, because all stages maximun rings are 100 I think.

Posted: 25 Apr, 2014 11:09
Last Edit: 25 Apr, 2014 11:13
My rom version is USA, i will fix asap

Posted: 25 Apr, 2014 11:10
Last Edit: 25 Apr, 2014 11:24
lol... this site is lag and did multiple post... there no deleted post?

EDIT: Fix bossex, try

Posted: 25 Apr, 2014 11:54
Hi, ok, nice one. Will try again :)

Posted: 25 Apr, 2014 12:08
Last Edit: 25 Apr, 2014 12:11
Escopior Eggman fired after I collected all emeralds (but didn't actually defeat Eggman) in stage 1.

Edit: more infos: still talking about Spinball European version.

The value of 0x001a constantly changes in-game, not really an indicator for a counter or a boolean (win boss?) value.

Posted: 05 Jun, 2015 00:15
Last Edit: 05 Jun, 2015 12:35
I got some weird triggers using USA. Got when I was halfway through the level. Got when I had about 30 million. Got after taking out 3 teeth then losing the bonus round.

Edit: Actually maybe I got the 100m score when I had 10m, maybe that's still happening.

Posted: 05 May, 2018 15:24
Last Edit: 06 May, 2018 12:15
This game seems to be really bad about triggering achievements at the wrong time. Maybe part of it has to do with the different region roms? I'm playing on US, and all the boss achievements trigger at the wrong time, whereas the "Win a bonus round" one didn't trigger when it was supposed to.

I'm going to take a stab at trying to fix these achievements. I'll be sure to test with other region ROMs as well, in case there are differences.

EDIT: Well I can't actually commit since I'm not officially a developer, but I'll put my research here.

Description should say "Win Stage 1 Bonus Round". Only triggers if you're on level 1.

These cheevos don't differentiate between the bonus round at the end of the level and the all rings bonus round. Maybe they should? And ideally there would be a separate achievement for collecting all rings in a level and/or completing that bonus round.

Description for these should say in a single stage. Rings reset after each level.

Instead of 0x0001a, use 0x007849 = 1. Tested all bosses on US rom. This triggers after killing the boss and no false-positives. Also tested first boss for EU and JP roms and they worked as well. (All roms used match the checksums of the topic.)

And I agree with others that the "reach level x" achievements are made redundant by the beat boss achievements. And Is basically a duplicate of

Note also: Sonic Spinball has a glitch which allows you to jump from 1 life to 255 lives. None of the achievements are "protected" from this. On one hand, it feels cheat-like because it kind of ruins the challenge of the game... But it's not like it's a built-in cheat code. It's just abusing a flaw in the game's code.

Posted: 05 May, 2018 16:00
Last Edit: 05 May, 2018 18:04
Also, on the U-rom, the same problems with achievements for bosses, as well as with early triggered achievements for bonus levels 2 and 3.

However, the achievements for bosses as for me need even more changes. In the current version, in fact, they will still almost duplicate the achievements for reach 2-4 levels and passing the game. Here it is desirable to add any additional conditions to give these achievements a real meaning. For example, the condition for passing the boss without leaving the boss room or passing the entire level without using a button of both flippers, etc.

Posted: 02 Aug, 2020 05:10
Last Edit: 02 Aug, 2020 05:11
The old icon was outvoted and replaced. Here's a backup of it:

Posted: 02 Aug, 2020 05:11
The old badges were outvoted and replaced. Here's a backup of them:

Page: < 1 2

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account