User: 
Pass: 

Playstation Portable Comes to RetroAchievements

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
AuthorMessage
LordAndrew
Posted: 13 Oct, 2021 15:17
Last Edit: 13 Oct, 2021 15:21

Update RetroArch and make sure to download the PPSSPP assets.

This guide should help get you set up.
Tom426
Posted: 13 Oct, 2021 15:26

I did update RetroArch, and I downloaded the assets.
03. ⚠️Download this⚠️
- Extract
- Copy the contents into "RetroArch->system->PPSSPP" and/or "RALibretro->System->PPSSPP"
- This will solve the issue of the PSP UI not showing up
I don't understand this step though. I can't find the correct folder to put them in. I tried putting them in ppsspp from emulators, but it gives me an error message.
LordAndrew
Posted: 13 Oct, 2021 15:32

What gave you an error, and what did the error say? Extracting an archive should not normally give you an error, and putting it in the wrong folder should have no effect.

I haven't done this yet, so I'll have to double check which directory to extract to.
Tom426
Posted: 13 Oct, 2021 15:37

It says something like completed with errors, and only finished 1% of the download. I may not have updated RetroArch like I thought. I'll update it, and see if I get any results. Thanks for the help so far.
Tom426
Posted: 13 Oct, 2021 15:50

Nope , nothing changed. Still can't find the folder for RetroArch->system->PPSSPP" and/or "RALibretro->System->PPSSPP. I'm looking in the File Manager. Not sure if I should be looking somewhere else.
LordAndrew
Posted: 13 Oct, 2021 16:14

If you extract the entire contents of the provided PPSSPP.zip into the system folder, the PPSSPP folder will be created for you.
Tom426
Posted: 13 Oct, 2021 22:25

I did what you said. It created the folder, but still nothing changed. I did download the PPSSPP from the RetroArch settings menu, under optional packages. Not sure if that made a difference. The games I'm trying atm are FFIV Complete Collection, and MegaMan Powered up. I'm almost certain I have the correct Roms for them.
jmcdra
Posted: 13 Oct, 2021 22:34

I copied the PPSSPP into the Retroarch system folder on my retropie. Still not getting achievements but I did notice that I'm seeing a message that says Not Logged In when I go to check achievements on a PSP game through retroarch. I also noticed that the version of Retroarch being used by Retropie is 1.9.7. I have no way of changing this without possibly breaking something in Retropie. My working theory at the moment is that I will have to wait for Retropie to catch up before I can get achievements on my Pi so I'll have to play it on my Windows machine for the time being
LordAndrew
Posted: 14 Oct, 2021 00:27

Oh right, RetroPie is outdated. For Raspberry Pi, the official RetroArch download page recommends Lakka, which is more current. Lakka's hardware support page lists compatible hardware and how well various cores work.

PPSSPP isn't going to run well on a Raspberry Pi according to this page.
Tom426
Posted: 14 Oct, 2021 02:21

I did play a bit of FFIV Complete collection, and it seemed to run well enough. Same with Mega Man Powered Up. I was playing both on my Raspberry PI 4. Unless I'm misunderstanding. Can anyone confirm they got Retro achievements to work on a PI4 running PPSSPP?

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/31450/retroachievements-psp-solved?lang=en-US
I did find this topic on the RetroPie Forums. This person says PSP achievement support isn't available on the PI yet.
LordAndrew
Posted: 14 Oct, 2021 02:52

You can get Lakka for Pi 4, but the hardware support page doesn't have information on how well cores will run on it. Give a shot and see how it works. If RetroPie can run PPSSPP fine, Lakka should too.
Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account