Galaxy Fighter (USA, Europe).sv
RA Checksum: 4ce6953562364bf13333f91a2fb7106e
CRC: 581703BE

guindev
Posted: 20 Apr, 2021 19:02

Claiming
YahwehTzVaoth
Posted: 26 Apr, 2021 03:28

There might be some push to add more achievements, this set is great as is. It lets you see all that’s in the game, and it seems like it just gets harder as you go.

Also, I got two soft locks on the first boss, once on killing it and once halfway through the fight. So unless there is a hope of more stability in the future, better to leave it as is.
guindev
Posted: 26 Apr, 2021 05:13

The original plan had a few additional achievements but I ended discarding them. My reasoning:

- After the 2 bosses covered in the set, there aren't more bosses in the game. The game continues for a while and eventually the player enters an asteroid field/storm that is basically impossible to navigate.

- If you manage to complete the asteroid field (hard even with savestates), the game loops and starts over. There's no real ending in the game.

- If you die in the asteroid field you are taken back to the point where you defeated boss 2 and takes a while to reach the asteroids again. Making an achievement for anything related to the asteroid field would be tedious and frustrating more than challenging and fun.

- For anyone that wants a little extra than what the achievements provide, there's a score leaderboard that covers going further after the second boss while not ruining the set for everyone else.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account