Posted: 20 Jul, 2021 13:46

StingX2
Posted: 21 Jul, 2021 00:11

Had a good run, but I think my peak streak dreams are over *bow*
Bendyhuman
Posted: 21 Jul, 2021 00:25

Leaderboard updated.

StingX2, your streak has ended.

QotD: Which former game developers or publishers do you miss the most?
freezestar
Posted: 21 Jul, 2021 03:11

Day 115:
I'm kind of sad Defiant Development (creators of the Hand of Fate games) didn't end up making anything past Hand of Fate 2.
Boldewin
Posted: 21 Jul, 2021 04:28

ParaParaKing
Posted: 21 Jul, 2021 08:32

Day 12:

Konami.
Bendyhuman
Posted: 21 Jul, 2021 09:18
Last Edit: 21 Jul, 2021 09:19

Day 44

I could probably think of better examples if I really thought harder about it, but the first one that comes to mind is AlphaDream.
YahwehTzVaoth
Posted: 21 Jul, 2021 13:44
Last Edit: 21 Jul, 2021 13:46

Day 156

This is probably the end of the line for me.

Last night there was a very severe thunderstorm in my area. A lighting bolt hit somewhere on the farm or nearby forest. The strike zapped (and broke) the Internet router, TV I usually play this stuff on, and FAR MORE DISTRESSINGLY I discovered this morning: the well pump and several of the power supplies for the electric fences. I don’t know what happened to the PCs and consoles that were plugged in at the time. Haven’t been able to check yet.

I usually unplug that game stuff when a storm warning comes in, but it had been sooooo long since there was a problem. What are the odds of another lighting strike.....

I found out the extent of the damage after I wrapped up this game I had on my phone. I threw some other stuff on there months ago but I haven’t checked any of it to see if it syncs up with RA.

No one is hurt and I miss regularly reading comics anyway. And I had been looking at those monthly mastery leaderboards on RANews as the next meta-competition on RA I was going to play after Peak Streak. This has been getting in the way of that. And it’s not like the event isn’t going to be shaken up fundamentally soon(ish?) when subsets are a regular thing.

If I can’t get something else going by the end of the server day tomorrow then I guess 156 is a decent final score. One I’m sure will be passed at least once in about a month. Still, I would have preferred to go out on my own terms. We’ll see what the day brings. A lot can happen in about 36 hours.

Pro Tip: Surge protectors might not always work as advertised depending on the strength of the surge. If there is a storm, then unplug your gear.
DigitalDusk
Posted: 21 Jul, 2021 16:56

deng
Posted: 21 Jul, 2021 23:01

Day 136, Mastery 433:

black box
YahwehTzVaoth
Posted: 22 Jul, 2021 04:55

Day 157

At least one more day.

Turns out the well pump was an easy fix. Good thing too since your house becomes a fancy, immobile tent real quick if you don’t have water. Fence power supplies might not be salvageable or under warranty. Testing them showed it only got half the grid. Going to have to play musical paddocks in the meantime until the others can be resolved/replaced. Router stuff is fairly easy to swap out (obviously).

Tv is cooked. I managed to do this with an old set. The resolution is pathetic, but you don’t need a decent image quality to run retro games. This set is also real old and I think there is some issue with the inputs so I don’t want to hook anything else up to it for testing. I had to switch out the HDMI input just about at the end of playing this and then play the rest without sound after turning the TV off and on. Not sure what’s up with that. It’s like some divine power didn’t want me to master some dumb, pretty pony game. Well,

YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO, ZEUS! I’ll master some really pink, really bad game if I wanna!
Bendyhuman
Posted: 22 Jul, 2021 05:32

Leaderboard updated, sorry I wasn't able to get to this sooner today.

YahwehTzVaoth, sorry to hear about what's going on over there! I'm glad that no one's hurt and I wish you the best in what must be a stressful time trying to replace/repair everything.

QotD: Have you ever backed a game during development on Kickstarter?
ParaParaKing
Posted: 22 Jul, 2021 07:13
Last Edit: 22 Jul, 2021 11:40

Day 13 -

I funded the DoubleFine Adventure and the game from the Space Quest guys. I'm still waiting for the later. -.-
deng
Posted: 22 Jul, 2021 09:15

Day 137, Mastery 434:

im poor so no

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account