Pass: 

Peak Streak

< Page of 229 > 
AuthorMessage
Lonoke31
Posted: 02 Aug, 2022 01:29

Day 124:

Spoiler (Click to show):
First Mega Duck mastery. I expected the quality of a Watara Supervision game but this was pretty great. It's pretty simple gameplay with you just running around being able to turn enemies into stone that you can push to kill other enemies (and earn money) or clear obstacles to access other parts of the map. All the levels have unique themes and stage layout which was fun to see and play. Only stage I didn't like was the Island stage due to how much it lagged because of the water sprites. Music wasn't bad; didn't make my ears bleed like a Watara Supervision game does. The set is fine too. I recommend playing through and unlocking all the achievements on Easy first before playing on Hard difficulty since Hard mode has enemies that shoot things at you that can create unfair unavoidable situations. Only took about four hours to master so I would say that this is Good Peak material. Strongly recommend as a first Mega Duck game.
NEOMAR
Posted: 02 Aug, 2022 14:52

NickGoat1990
Posted: 02 Aug, 2022 21:56

Lonoke31
Posted: 03 Aug, 2022 00:38

Day 125:

I guess this is my 300th mastery.

Spoiler (Click to show):
Changing up my game review for today with just listing some pros and cons I noted while playing this game yesterday. As for the set, it's pretty basic and lacks any real challenges. However, the game is insanely easy and basic so I'm not really sure what challenges could be made outside of damageless/deathless levels or speedrun achievements. This set can be mastered in under an hour so I would recommend this as Perfect Peak material.

Pros:
- Sprite work is great. The 3d models of Kenai and Koda look really good for the GBA.
- The movement in this game can be fun when sprinting as Kenai or wall jumping and breaking puzzles with Koda.
- While they lack any of the movie's audio, they do play some scenes from the movie as cutscenes in this game (interesting to see compared to the still frames you'll see in other licenesed games). Only issue is that they just play the generic game music over it that just doesn't fit the scenes at all (had me laughing pretty hard hearing happy music while Denahi was just about to kill Kenai).

Cons:
- Music is super generic. Doesn't fit the movie at all.
- Every level is pretty much the same thing. You either play as a combo of Kenai and Koda running and jumping left to right or you play as them separately but still going left to right.
- Exploration is pretty meaningless since totems are usually on the main track (and aren't well hidden at all) and the reward is usually an extra life but they're pointless since the game loves to give you lives like their nothing (had 20+ lives for majority of the playthrough).
- Unless I missed the in-game sign, this game does not tell you that you can double jump as the Kenai and Koda combo. I lost 20+ lives on a single section because I wanted a totem but just couldn't get it until I realized there was a double jump.
- I like how there are minigames to give a break from the normal gameplay but why are all the slide puzzles the EXACT SAME PUZZLE. It's not even hard; the slide puzzle is a 2x3.
- Game is insanely short with being able to 100% it in under an hour.
NEOMAR
Posted: 03 Aug, 2022 10:29

NickGoat1990
Posted: 03 Aug, 2022 22:33

Day 230:
"This set can be mastered in under an hour." Took me almost 3 hours :cAAAAAmerAAAAAA:
Bendyhuman
Posted: 04 Aug, 2022 00:38

Lonoke31 reaches 300 masteries! Not many have made it that far, and you still have so many free sets to go for. Great job!
NEOMAR
Posted: 04 Aug, 2022 01:33

NickGoat1990
Posted: 04 Aug, 2022 01:35

Lonoke31
Posted: 04 Aug, 2022 01:59

Day 126:

Thanks Bendyhuman and my bad NickGoat1990 haha.

Spoiler (Click to show):
Prototype of an unreleased port of the first Metal Slug game that is workable put rough around the edges. It features two playable levels but the second level contains no enemies or hazards and doesn't actually complete when going all the way to the right. For such little content the set is great. It has some free points like picking up an upgrade or walking through hazards in the second level but also feature some pretty good challenges like completing both levels in under 2:30 minutes and beating the first level without dying or picking up any weapons. It took me exactly an hour and 27 minutes to master, so I think I could recommend this as Perfect Peak material.
Lonoke31
Posted: 05 Aug, 2022 02:28

Day 127:

Spoiler (Click to show):
While I wouldn't call this a good game, this was so much better than Hugo 2 or Hugo: The Quest for the Sunstones. If you're going to play a Hugo game (only a masochist would want to play these games), I would recommend this one. It's short and not too bad.
NickGoat1990
Posted: 05 Aug, 2022 08:09

NEOMAR
Posted: 05 Aug, 2022 12:51

Bendyhuman
Posted: 06 Aug, 2022 00:10

Congratulations NEOMAR on 250 masteries!
NEOMAR
Posted: 06 Aug, 2022 01:12

< Page of 229 > 

You must log in before you can join this conversation.