CRC32 Checksum: 6BAC3AA8

Video:

Download: Here

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Posted: 27 Sep, 2020 22:40
I talked with the mods about this and we think a set for this hack could make sense. It's still SM64 but the cheats make the game completely different and a real challenge to beat.

My set plan will be to create about 120 achievements, most of them for collecting star X and beat the Bowser stages.

So last thing to say: CHAOS CONTROL! 💎

Posted: 27 Sep, 2020 22:45
Let's Go, Can't wait for the set

Posted: 28 Sep, 2020 05:14
pong more like pog

Posted: 28 Sep, 2020 06:51
Oh man I'm excited. Tried out 3.0 and it's significantly more spicy than the previous versions.
I look forward to failing miserably to collect relatively simple stars!

Posted: 28 Sep, 2020 11:36
oh snap, never expected to see a set on something like this... might try it.

Posted: 28 Sep, 2020 21:33
I've never actually tried any of the previous Chaos Editions, so I'm looking forward to see how my first ever playthrough of the game will be.

Posted: 30 Oct, 2020 08:23
This link of kaze's patch be with error. Anyone have the patch in other place?

Posted: 18 Nov, 2020 01:01
It's a great concept, but the execution is very lacking tbh.

There are whole levels in which you have to get incredibly lucky to not get one of the tens of random effects that instantly make it impossible to play. The worst offenders were definitely the object-related effects in levels whose geometry is based on objects; any of them makes the level completely unplayable. Closely followed by the effects that automatically move mario backwards or forwards, which make almost any situation impossible to approach.

Thank god for the infinite goombas and hurricane effects.

Still slaved through the game, so I guess the joke's on me.

Posted: 13 Jan, 2021 07:19
this DESPERATELY needs a rescore; stars like somewhere over the rainbow or fire sea reds being considered equal to stars like shoot into the wild blue ain't great, makes the set half free points and half eternal hell. I think it would make more sense if stars were put into tiers of the amount of time it takes to complete them, maybe?
for example blast away the wall is really short, so it's 1 point, inside the ancient pyramid isn't very long but certainly isn't short, it would be 3 points, red coins on the ship afloat is a longer star (plus water effects can fuck you up), it would be 5 points...
sure, this system wouldn't be perfect, but it would be an improvement. the set's definitely hard, but 705 points is far too high.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account