login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Retro Achievement Reviews

Page: 1 2 >
AuthorMessage

Posted: 30 Aug, 2020 14:32
Hey all,

I have started a series on Retro Achievement Reviews where I do a review on a game I have mastered and then give some tips/resources for others to use so that they can get some of the tougher achievements mastered as well.

I just love making content that can put a bigger light on the RA community as in retro it tends to be overshadowed by speedrunning. Don't get me wrong, I love speedrunning and have ran many games myself, but the real OG's go for RA. :D

Here is the link to the YouTube playlist for the reviews - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvj-qToP9h4jv0q2ra81ck-mLHtgrH3rt

I have a comprehensive list that I update of all of the games that I have currently mastered and what I rated their difficulty for me. If there are any in the list that you would like to see, feel free to let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iYWFujRDBNFDU-ZQLryGSp79fYAX49nxGgjdF-ZVgDE/edit#gid=0

Also if there is something that you can think of that I can improve on the videos as well please let me know as I want to continue to make the best content I can for the community.

I will be continuing to update this forum post as well as new videos come out, right now I shoot for 1 video every two weeks as I like to record all new footage for them so it takes a little longer to do.

Posted: 30 Aug, 2020 17:13
I really enjoyed your Duck Tales video.
It had the perfect balance of your personal experience, some info about the game and good advice.

Keep it up.

Posted: 13 Sep, 2020 18:39
I would like to see your reviews for Monopoly SNES, Super Noah's Ark 3D for SNES and Marble Madness NES

Posted: 13 Sep, 2020 18:48
New Retro Achievement Review video is out! This one is a list of some of the most difficult achievements that I have completed.

Posted: 14 Sep, 2020 00:14
Last Edit: 14 Sep, 2020 04:28
https://retroachievements.org/Game/10962

I wanna add something, any of the 36 staff ghosts in F-Zero X Bonus Group are the hardest achievements I’ve seen and I’d like to see more people know these exist. Shoutout to the F-Zero SNES king league achievement death wind 2 and fire field are beyond insane.

Cheers! ~ Travis

Posted: 15 Sep, 2020 02:42
I'm really loving your videos, and been showing my friends. Nice voice to listen to!

Posted: 15 Sep, 2020 14:04
Thanks Psyduck! I really enjoy this series so definitely be doing what I can to improve it as I go as well.

Posted: 15 Sep, 2020 17:34
Good content, thanks

Posted: 15 Sep, 2020 21:29
Last Edit: 15 Sep, 2020 21:30
What are the reviews you plan to do next? Is the 2-week period between videos going to be consistent from you or was that just pure luck?

Posted: 15 Sep, 2020 21:37
The next review will be on Mega Man X. My goal is to keep to the every 2 weeks upload as long as I can do it.

Posted: 15 Sep, 2020 22:06

Posted: 16 Sep, 2020 02:33
If you take requests, I would like to see you do Super Mario Bros, particularly the world 8 treasure hunter and pacifist cheevos.

Posted: 16 Sep, 2020 03:22
I definitely do take requests. That’s where the Mega Man X suggestion came from. I first look to the YouTube comments for the suggestions just cause it helps the algorithm in YouTube for the response there hahaha. I will totally add your suggestion to the list though, thank you!

Posted: 16 Sep, 2020 04:24
If you're going to do SMB1 world 8 stuff, you might as well look into coinless plumber from the new bonus set too.

Posted: 16 Sep, 2020 12:03
I only do videos on ones that I have personally obtained. I feel it is important for me to be able to talk about, it I need to have done it.

Perhaps when I start opening up in to some bonus sets I will do it.
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account