Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 3 Jul, 2020 00:44 by SporyTike

Tetris Plus (USA) [SLUS_003.38]
tetris plus (usa) [SLUS_003.38]
RA Checksum: f1351e7e4bd0f9ee2c921826e2107a91

theanxietybuster
Posted: 03 Jul, 2020 00:52
Last Edit: 04 Jul, 2020 02:09
I haven’t played in years, but I’d be super interested in working on this one as a first project. It is Tetris with a story and some twists on the mechanics.
theanxietybuster
Posted: 04 Jul, 2020 16:59
This will be my first time messing with game memory, so right now, I’m working on figuring out the tools and learning how to read the memory. I’m definitely finding sprite mappings and other things that I’m documenting and bookmarking.
theanxietybuster
Posted: 30 Jul, 2020 19:19
Here's an update for anyone that is currently following this game. I am still working on achievements. There are 20 in unofficial right now that I am still adding to as I go. Any suggestions or input would definitely be welcomed here.

Secondly, I'm looking for testers for the Rich Presence Monitor stuff for this game. What that is is basically the in game overlay that says what you are doing when while you're playing the game. I have a fairly detailed one setup that is currently testable but does need some tweaking and whatnot. I just found that the location address value changes every few stages in a run and my original implementation for the Score Counter didn't take into account that is was a 32 bit value instead of the normal 8 or 16 bit value, so reaching over a certain threshold would cause the value to not display correctly.
theanxietybuster
Posted: 05 Aug, 2020 10:35
As you guys know, this set is live. Thanks to one player, I have fixed an achievement's logic that was accidentally off by 1 bit, but have attempted to make this set as "technically" solid as possible and tried to diversify it a bit. Tetris Plus is definitely not a difficult game but does have its fair share of shortcomings along with satisfyingly fun ideas.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account