Page: < 1 2
AuthorMessage

Alexavelino123
Posted: 18 Dec, 2018 11:40
without logo.

Spawncalibur
Posted: 09 Jan, 2019 12:10
Last Edit: 09 Jan, 2019 12:10
New icon vote won 24 to 7. Archive of previous game icon which lost to current via community vote

Euclide
Posted: 23 Feb, 2019 02:09
Last Edit: 25 Mar, 2019 01:08

Uses official art from Japanese manual instead of PSP/GBA? era art

televandalist
Posted: 26 Feb, 2019 19:53
^ wasn't showing up properly for me, so I'm reposting it

jeftah
Posted: 02 Apr, 2019 04:10
Hello! How could I go around to updating the achievement images for this set? I'd like to contribute by keeping them consistent with the actual game (some use GBA or non-related art). Most are fine as they are, but just thought about doing a small touch up.

Please let me know, thanks!

Thoreau
Posted: 02 Apr, 2019 14:28
That's great! In brief you should just post them here in this same thread.

More details here: http://docs.retroachievements.org/Badge-and-Icon-Creation/#uploading-badges-non-developer

jeftah
Posted: 02 Apr, 2019 20:06
Excellent! Thanks for the resource, going over that and getting to work on those this week!

Gamechamp
Posted: 04 Apr, 2019 18:31
With regards to missables, I believe all the missables are:

The first four are automatically unobtainable if the player doesn't choose the related class when beginning their file, and thus it's also impossible to obtain all achievements without a specific class choice in all four character slots. If I remember correctly, the four bosses can at least be refought in the final dungeon as many times as you want, meaning they're only missable at the moment you choose your classes. Though I'm not certain if the achievements themselves recognize the rematches.

Of Mighty Magic is slightly more lenient, but if memory serves correctly it is unobtainable without either a White or Black Mage in the party.

Euclide
Posted: 04 Apr, 2019 18:47
Last Edit: 04 Apr, 2019 18:47
Kind of sucks to have nothing specific to red mage and thief then. If anyone ends up revising there's an idea.

Ryan914
Posted: 06 May, 2019 19:32
Last Edit: 06 May, 2019 19:36
Some other cheevos to add some challenge to the game

Swift As The Wind: Defeat Tiamat with an attack from a Thief/Ninja (In the Novelization the thief has the Wind Crystal)
Savior of All Trades: Defeat Chaos with an attack from a Red Mage/Red Wizard (No real cheevo related to Chaos)
Memory of Heroes: Complete the game with a party consisting of: Fighter, Thief, White Mage, and Black Mage (Novelization has this as the party)
The Cleric's Journey: Defeat Chaos with a party of only White Mages/White Wizards
Bals To The Wall: Defeat Chaos with a party of only Fighters/Knights

jeftah
Posted: 21 Jun, 2019 18:33
It has been discussed in the game's comments that run-specific achievements (have this job to do x) to promote replay-ability is best suited for a bonus set.

The game already forces you to use a specific party as it is.

The mod of balance hack for the Dawn of Souls version does this to an extent, but taking into consideration that there's already a set for the original, it wants you to use all the different new classes added to the mod.

RevenantSeraph
Posted: 17 Aug, 2019 21:51
Last Edit: 18 Aug, 2019 09:01
First post, woo.

Struck me as odd that a game like this, one that spawned a long legacy, has less achievement points available than some truly terrible games (lookin' at you, Back to the Future) and almost all of them are progression related, which means the only 'out of your way' you have to go to is running a specific team of FTR/BB/WM/BM. It seems like there's a fear to do anything that requires anything difficult or tricky, despite that being what an achievement system should logically feature. Just playing the game isn't really an achievement, is it?

I'm not sure how doable some of my ideas would be, but how about some individual accomplishments or discovery related achievements?

Press 'A' to Pay Respects: Visit the resting place of a legend. (If the Dragon Warrior set is allowed to make reference to this in one of its achievements, there should probably be one for this.)
Who Said That?: Speak to the invisible girl in Corneria. (This seems like bread-and-butter, and I was a bit disappointed it wasn't an achievement. This is the kind of discovery minutiae that achievements are great for showing off!)
Omnislash: Score 15 or more hits in a single attack. (Difficult but doable, as far as I remember, with either the right class on its own, or via Haste.)
Power Overwhelming: Reach Level 50 with at least one character. (This one may be for a bonus set, but there are other RPGs with 'reach max level' achievements in place, and honestly, aren't some achievements supposed to be for doing everything you can?)
Dark Elf Destroyer: Kill Astos without anyone going down. (This is harder than you might think, given his tendency to open fights with a Death/RUB spell.)
Mud In Your EYE: Kill the EYE in the Ice Cavern without anyone going down. (Again, given the tendency to cast one of its many instant-kill spells, along with a few other monsters in the dungeon, this is harder than you might think.)

Or perhaps some progression achievements breaking up the endgame a bit more, since there really isn't anything between Tiamat and the final boss?

Heroes of Time: Travel back to the origin of Chaos. (This seems the most likely one, since it's kind of halfway between Tiamat and the endpoint.)
Anyway, Here's Wonderwall: Use the Lute to open the path. (Alternately, if you'd rather not meme in achievement titles, call this one Some Light Music or Playing the Critical Hits)
Fiends, Revisited: Defeat all four fiends for the second time.

And for bonus achievements, perhaps some related to class upgrades, or lack thereof. Less exclusive than 'defeat X boss with Y class' or 'have 4 of X class', but definitely outside of standard gameplay design. Also seems like a good place to put anything cheeky that requires a specific class to manage.

Overachiever: Defeat Kary with upgraded classes. (This seems outside the intended order of the game, since you'd have to leave the Mt. Gulg/Crescent Lake area to go complete the sidequest, then come back.)
Held Back: Defeat Kraken with base classes. (Not impossible by any stretch, and definitely you would have a chance to go do the Temple of Ordeal by this point.)
Lacking Class: Defeat Tiamat with base classes. (Definitely a stretch, and probably worth a bit to accomplish. You're denying yourself a lot of firepower at this point.)
Who Needs Fancy Titles, Anyway:Defeat Chaos with base classes.
[i]AND/OR

What was this thing for, again?: Defeat Chaos with the Rat Tail still in your inventory.
(One of these things is as virtually impossible easy as just ignoring the Temple of Ordeal entirely, where the other requires you to finish the Temple but ignore ever returning to Bahamut. Not sure if you need to include both.)
Mutually Assured Destruction: Cast NUKE on a WarMECH. (Requires a Black Wizard, but it's cute - NUKE all around!)
So I put the pointy end out, right?: Equip the Masamune to a White Mage/White Wizard. (Notable as the only sharp weapon a WM/WW can equip.)

jeftah
Posted: 08 Sep, 2019 04:10
No, there is no "fear" in adding challenges man. In fact your suggestions are great in the order you present them. However, a flaw of this set IMO is forcing you to play with one specific party. Other than that, yes there should have been a few more challenge related Achievs like winning a few battles in "Power Peninsula" or making it from one side of the Earth Cave battle squares to the other.

HutOnChickenLegs
Posted: 01 Dec, 2019 19:53
Last Edit: 03 Dec, 2019 19:57
Can Final Fantasy Restored be added as a Linked File?

Hotscrock
Posted: 02 Dec, 2019 23:58
It's incompatible and I recently removed it from linked files. If any developer wants to add compatibilty they are free to do it.
Page: < 1 2

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account