Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

PlayStation is Now Officially Supported

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >
AuthorMessage

Posted: 18 Sep, 2019 14:34

My games are in .bin format, but my emulator can't find them when I open the folder where the games are. which may be happening as I have already tested the other RALibretro emulators and they work normally.

My games are in .bin format, but my emulator can't find them when I open the folder where the games are. which may be happening as I have already tested the other RALibretro emulators and they work normally.

Posted: 18 Sep, 2019 15:21
You need the cue file too. You can make them yourself.

Posted: 18 Sep, 2019 15:42
Last Edit: 18 Sep, 2019 15:42
http://nielsbuus.dk/pg/psx_cue_maker/ Use this site too make cue files. Drop the bin files in the indicated space on the page, then copy and paste the info it gives you into note pad. Then make sure too save the file for instance Resident Evil (USA).cue, then put the said cue file were the bin file of the game is.

Posted: 18 Sep, 2019 15:46
You can also get cue sheets from Redump's website

Posted: 18 Sep, 2019 15:59
Use cuemaker to make cues.

Posted: 18 Sep, 2019 20:03
Since updating to the latest stable build my PS4 controller (plugged in via USB) isn't recognised - worked perfectly using DS4Windows until now, any ideas?

Posted: 18 Sep, 2019 22:35
@FFC2004 Have you set it too XBOX controller via the input tab in retroarch.

Posted: 19 Sep, 2019 01:20
@wolfman1983 Forgot to say thanks for the recommended settings, they worked surprisingly well. Thankfully, and I guess this is can also be something to state to anyone else reading this, but after the recent Retroarch update: Retesting the Vulkan driver on problematic games has resulted in no crashes. For my current set-up when it comes to PlayStation emulation, Vulkan driver for some-reason just has better performance and low/no sound errors. It's a little obnoxious to bounce between video drivers per-system, but it's a benefit for me that's hard to ignore. So for anyone else who may be in the same boat, you hopefully have nothing to fear anymore.

Posted: 19 Sep, 2019 10:04
Last Edit: 19 Sep, 2019 10:16
@ To make it easier, you can utilise per core configurations, if you're not already. If you're already familiar with them, just add the line
video_driver = "vulkan"
to your Beetle PSX.cfg, and it will automatically start the core with vulkan, then revert back to your default when you close your psx game.

To anyone not familiar with them and wants to take advantage of this:
1. In RetroArch, go to settings -> configuration, and make sure "Load Override Files Automatically" is turned ON.
2. Go to your RetroArch folder (e.g. D:\RetroArch), where you should have a subfolder called "config". If you don't, create it. This folder is where all your core and game overrides will be by default.
3. In config, create another folder "Beetle PSX", or "Beetle PSX HW" depending on which one you're using, and inside that folder make a text file and name it "Beetle PSX.cfg" (or HW, it should be the same name as the folder the file is in). Note that the file extension needs to be .cfg and not .txt.
4. Open the .cfg file you created with e.g. Notepad and add the line
video_driver = "vulkan"
into the file, and save it (make sure the extension isn't changed back to txt or anything else).

Posted: 20 Sep, 2019 00:58
How do I update retroarch to the new version?

Posted: 20 Sep, 2019 01:46
Last Edit: 20 Sep, 2019 01:47
@I was familiar but not aware of that feature. Will do exactly all that, much easier to bounce between something like everything else and then playstation. Thanks.

@Go into desktop mode, from the first menu in Retroarch scroll down to "Show Desktop Menu". Once desktop mode has opened go to "tools"->"Online Updater"->"Update Retroarch (Nightly)". Granted, and someone else can correct me because I'm probably missing a bunch here: From my understanding updating Retroarch to the singular stable release would involve copying over new install files over old ones while keeping your cfg files not being over-written. This is a hassle so the the in-option nightly update is the most preferred way for updating it. It's basically the most recent iteration of that stable release as it's constantly being worked on, and at any-point if I've ever had issues (such as my initial problems with Vulkan) said issues are usually fixed in later releases.

Posted: 20 Sep, 2019 12:53
Last Edit: 20 Sep, 2019 12:53
Yeah I had to install the New version over the last one, but It worked. Thank you!

Posted: 21 Sep, 2019 06:10
Last Edit: 21 Sep, 2019 10:55
Mentioning this here in case others run into this problem to save the headache; there seems to be an issue with some games not getting linked to their set correctly in RetroArch when you use .m3u files to start the game. At least Spyro the Dragon (1st) and both MediEvil games are affected. They link fine when you launch them directly from their .cue file, so if you run into this problem using .m3u files, try launching straight from the .cue. I've reported this on RetroArch's git.

EDIT: Found the cause. It seems in some cases you need to have a line break at the end of the .m3u file for the game to get connected with its RetroAchievements entry. So add an empty line at the end of your .m3u file if it's not working.
Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account