User: 
Pass: 

Leapfrog EX

Page: 1 2 >
AuthorMessage

Nevermond12
Posted: 12 Aug, 2019 20:57
Last Edit: 12 Aug, 2019 21:25
It's not Leapfrog 3, but it's the third Leapfrog!

What is Leapfrog?

Leapfrog is an unofficial competition that not only lasts longer but is also probably harder than all the other competitions on the site. I'm here to make it even harder.

Basically, Leapfrog requires you to get one achievement on day 1, two achievements on day 2, three achievements on day 3, and so on... It lasts in this same pattern until just one person fulfills the requirement for a given day. You can earn any achievement (easy or hard)... But not really, because this time there's a TWIST!!

Why Leapfrog EX and not Leapfrog III?

During this Leapfrog, every day will have a theme. For example, the theme for day 1 is Money. So, on day 1, you'd earn one achievement related to money (i.e. collect coins, spend money at a shop, accumulate over $500, etc.). Or, you can instead earn TWO achievements NOT related to money.

This applies to every day, so on day 2, you'd either earn two achievements related to the theme, or four unrelated achievements. You can also choose to earn one related and two unrelated achievements.

What are the themes?

As mentioned earlier, the theme for day 1 is Money. The themes for later days will remain a secret. They will be announced a day in advance (i.e. day 2's theme will be announced on day 1, day 3's theme will be announced on day 2, etc.). The themes will never be difficult or vague (no theme will be 100% completion, for example), they will mostly be simple things that can be found in tons of games (like money!).

I'm not sure my achievement counts towards the theme, what should I do?

1: Ask me; I'm not super strict on this, so most likely I'll allow an achievement. (If a theme is high-scores, something like "complete the game with under 10k points will be allowed.) Don't worry, most themes won't have massive gray areas for what could or couldn't be allowed.

2: Ask for a vote; Other participants can agree or disagree with your achievement. The majority vote would win.

3: Earn an extra achievement; If I or others aren't responding, then you can just earn an extra achievement from an easy game.

Day X's theme is stupid!

Okay, earn unrelated achievements from emergency games.

Nevermond12
Posted: 12 Aug, 2019 21:24
When is it?

The competition starts on Sunday, September 1st at 00:00 (GMT) and will run until there is only one left standing.

Rules

- Each period is 24 hours and you will have until 23:59 (GMT) to get your achievements for the day.

- Each day will start at 00:00 (GMT) (Be sure to factor in Daylight Savings Time!)

- All achievements MUST be obtained in Hardcore mode to count.

- No rollovers! Achievements earned after the daily goal will not count toward the following day. You may, however, reset those excess achievements to earn during another day. For example: On day 10, if you earn 19 achievements, you can reset the last 9 and use them on another day.

- Also, you may reset any achievements you have earned prior to Leap Frog and earn them again as long as they are earned within the daily goal.

- You may not use the same achievement more than once. Anyone caught doing so will be disqualified.

- If you are worried about your retro ratio and/or completion percentage, you may use an alt account.

How Do I Enter

- Sign-up is easy: just comment on this thread, PM me here, or let me know on Discord. You have until 00:00 (GMT) on September 1st to sign-up. All users who sign up will be on the third post of this thread.

- Late sign-ups will only be allowed if you have met all prior daily goals up to that point.

Other

- In the past 2 Leapfrogs, we discovered that the easiest way to submit our achievements was to post a link to our history pages: http://retroachievements.org/historyexamine.php?d=1542560400&u=insert-username-here

- Daily results will be posted as so:

User 1 - 🐸
User 2 - 🐸
User 3 - 🐸
User 4 - ELIMINATED
User 5 - 🐸

- If you are interested in co-moderation of this competition, please let me know.

- If you have any questions, suggestions, etc. then please do not hesitate to comment.

Shoutouts to Televandalist for epic template

Nevermond12
Posted: 12 Aug, 2019 21:25
Last Edit: 16 Aug, 2019 21:51
Current participants:

-Nevermond12 (Host)
-Kaiserlucas
-Grungust
-Televandalist
-Blazekickn
-jltn
-DrPixel
-Gamechamp
-Hotscrock
-Zimbo
-Argo
-ObsoleteGamer2004 (as ObsoletedAccount)

Potential participants:
-JAM

televandalist
Posted: 12 Aug, 2019 23:06
Fine. I'll do it.

I SAID FINE

Nevermond12
Posted: 12 Aug, 2019 23:46
It's been about 4 hours and already 4 other people joined

jltn
Posted: 13 Aug, 2019 00:48
Last Edit: 13 Aug, 2019 20:51
Sign me up.

Blazekickn
Posted: 13 Aug, 2019 01:10
i don't expect to last beyond like day 3 but sure

JAM
Posted: 13 Aug, 2019 01:37
Last Edit: 13 Aug, 2019 01:37
Please count as he is unauthorized currently. About myself, I'm thinking.

Gamechamp
Posted: 13 Aug, 2019 16:05
I know I'll be wiped out super quickly, but I like the theme idea. I'm in. :>

DrPixel
Posted: 13 Aug, 2019 16:11
I'm in, lads. 🐸🐸🐸

Hotscrock
Posted: 13 Aug, 2019 20:52
I am in. (Not high expectations this time though :deng:)

Zimbo
Posted: 13 Aug, 2019 21:15
time to lose again

Nevermond12
Posted: 13 Aug, 2019 21:57
Just use a computer that won't crash on you

Zimbo
Posted: 14 Aug, 2019 05:20
will do

Zimbo
Posted: 14 Aug, 2019 05:20
will do