Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

VisualBoy Needs Update?

AuthorMessage

RossWyatt
Posted: 30 Jul, 2019 00:46
Hi, I just got a new laptop, an HP Omen gaming computer. Anyway, I tried redownloading all of my stuff on it, and when I went to the Gameboy emulator I noticed it was different. It says model 1 even though I kept installing and trying to patch the updated version on this website.

The controller input options are out of wack and there is no speed up or screenshot available either. When I try playing the buttons seem to all go crazy.

kdecks
Posted: 30 Jul, 2019 20:19
Maybe this will answer you question (from RADiscord news 29 July 2019)

RAVBA 1.0 released
- upgraded to 2.1.3 version of VisualBoyAdvance-M (previous version was 1.80)
- support for extended memory mapping in GBC titles
- fixes overlay support for full-screen mode
- changed version to 1.0 (we no longer consider RAVBA as pre-release software)
NOTE: This includes a major upgrade to the underlying VisualBoyAdvance-M emulator. As such, you will likely have to reconfigure your controller and directories. Your save files are still compatible - you just have to tell the emulator where to find them.
This is not currently a required upgrade. You can download it using the Download RAVBA v0.057 for Windows link on the downloads page.

Lakitu
Posted: 25 Aug, 2019 18:33
Ok, how to you open the achievement list in the emulator now? Before was ESC key

EverElsewhere
Posted: 25 Aug, 2019 19:15
Last Edit: 25 Aug, 2019 22:49
I've just downloaded RVBA 1.0 but I can't seem to find the old option to use desaturated colours instead of the exaggerated ones used by developers who knew we'd be playing on un-backlit screens on original GBA hardware.
Does anyone know how to do this in 1.0? These garish colours are nasty!

Meneboy88
Posted: 27 Aug, 2019 20:21
, Hi, press the "pause" button in the keyboard to see the achievement list in the emulator :)

Alfex
Posted: 29 Aug, 2019 10:24
Is it no longer possible to tamper with the RAM in RAVBA 1.0? I tried and it didn't let me.

Lakitu
Posted: 29 Aug, 2019 10:57
Thanks

Vince989
Posted: 04 Nov, 2019 00:50
Ctrl+P also works for the overlay, I prefer it that way.

Nametag
Posted: 14 Nov, 2019 04:20
I too am missing the desautrated colors. The previous version I used had it, but the new one does not. Certain games look substantially better with the desaturation, such as Shantae.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account