Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

FB Alpha to FB Neo

AuthorMessage

thedustyjoypad
Posted: 12 Jul, 2019 13:53
If you arent aware, there have been issues with Capcom and the FA Alpha guys...

Link

Made me wonder, if I switch over to use the FB Neo core, will this affect my future achievements? In my mind, Im guessing they wont work if I make the switch to FB Neo.

Not sure if this has been discussed already, I couldnt find anything already, so thought I'd bring it up.

MagusPC
Posted: 12 Jul, 2019 14:45
FBNeo is compatible with Achievements, also has less issues (starting, random restart issues) when using it in RaLibRetro.

To make FBNeo work in RaLibRetro, download the Core from http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86/latest/fbneo_libretro.dll.zip and rename it to 'fbalpha_libretro.dll' and it should work, it does for me at least.

thedustyjoypad
Posted: 12 Jul, 2019 14:48
Thank you very much, I shall do this tonight :)

thedustyjoypad
Posted: 12 Jul, 2019 17:56
Hmmm didnt work. Downloaded it, extracted it then renamed it fbalpha_libretro.dll then loaded up some games, but they dont work. They attempt it, but then stop. I'll have a little read up in it.

MagusPC
Posted: 12 Jul, 2019 18:22
Sounds like the old start/restart reset bug is being back, guess you have to wait until compiles a new packages for RaLibRetro which includes FBNeo.

thedustyjoypad
Posted: 12 Jul, 2019 18:25
Cool, I'll check back in later then. Thanks for your help.

MagusPC
Posted: 13 Jul, 2019 13:54
You can try this version of FBNeo Core, its what i am using and didn't had any problems yet, just make sure to delete the 'fbalpha_libretro.json' before using it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7q3z9oecky25mp/fbalpha_libretro.7z?dl=1

thedustyjoypad
Posted: 15 Jul, 2019 19:32
All sorted, thanks for your help :-)

I really like the new control mapping scheme for it, where it actually tells you what the button is doing, like light punch etc.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account