Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

How viable is ps2?

AuthorMessage

mentifisto
Posted: 09 Jul, 2019 23:53
I was wondering, since ps1 sets are taking a while, does that mean ps2 ones will be available in a decade or so? Or, once ps1's technical problems are resolved, would ps2 be not as difficult to implement?

OmegaVideoGameGod
Posted: 09 Jul, 2019 23:56
Last Edit: 09 Jul, 2019 23:57
I wouldn't say it's about how hard making the achievements are, believe me, we still have plenty of games to go with what we already have. But the PS2 emulator requires some pretty high specs to run the games. I don't think we'll be getting ps2 ones until ps1 and other games first, ds, gamecube, xbox, just to name a few.

pailiyat
Posted: 12 Jul, 2019 17:00
I wouldn't say it's about how hard making the achievements are, believe me, we still have plenty of games to go with what we already have. But the PS2 emulator requires some pretty high specs to run the games. I don't think we'll be getting ps2 ones until ps1 and other games first, ds, gamecube, xbox, just to name a few.

MagusPC
Posted: 12 Jul, 2019 17:18
Most Computers nowadays should be able to run PS2 Emulator and if there are Cheat Codes available for a System (PS2, Cube etc.) then we can create Achievements based on them.

mentifisto
Posted: 16 Jul, 2019 05:07
So, any idea of any estimation of when it could be implemented?

OmegaVideoGameGod
Posted: 16 Jul, 2019 05:58
Well just guessing maybe 5-7 years.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account