User: 
Pass: 

Community Set Re-scoring Master Thread

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
AuthorMessage

kdecks
Posted: 30 Jun, 2019 19:49
Last Edit: 16 Jul, 2019 05:38
⭐The Rescoring Contributor Community Event is active. (14 July — 28 July) Details are in the second post of this thread.

We want your help!

Our goal is to get a baseline of how popular sets and important sets from various genres should be scored. We are doing this by asking many players to share how they feel a set should be scored, averaging the results. We will only do this for a short time and we need community involvement.

The more who contribute, the better the results.
You will be credited and it will have a big impact!

How to do it
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
1. Familiarize yourself with the new scoring system (see below the games list).
2. Open the rescoring link.
3. Find the link to the game in the Table of Contents for a set where you've completed ~50% or more on hardcore.
4. Find a new column, write what you think each achievement is worth using the new scoring tiers (0-5, 10, 25, 50)
5. When you are finished, hide your scores. (So you won't sway how others re-score the set)
- To hide your scoring, right click your column letter, for example column "B", and select "Hide Column".

You're done!

Rescoring sheets table of contents for all sets

If a game you want to work on isn't on the list, post a request in this forum topic or in Discord message @rescore in the #rescore-event channel.

Tips and Links
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Scoring Tiers
0-5 Easy / Minor Significance
10 Medium / Intermediate Significance
25 Hard / Major Significance
50 Very Hard / Completion Level Significance
100 Impossible (for bonus sets)

Factors to Consider While Scoring Achievements
4 main factors: Difficulty, Significance, Achievement Spread, Game Length

Set Stats for Nerds
Includes: age of set, total number of players, current set score, number of times mastered, mastery rate, mean time to master in hours:minutes, minutes per 1 point, minutes per 1 point to master)

Set cap removal announcement thread
Examples by type of achievement
List of all sets that have been rescored

kdecks
Posted: 30 Jun, 2019 21:46
Last Edit: 16 Jul, 2019 05:48
|Official Community Event|

Rescoring Contributor Community Event Details

Duration: 2 weeks (14 July — 28 July)
Who can participate: Retroachievements players
How to participate: Rescore sets within the event period, each rescore will earn points.

Here's the sheet for all the rescoring.

Scoring system
40 points are needed to get the badge
4 points for a set with less than 5 others rescored
2 points for a set with less than 10 other rescored
1 point for a set with 10 or more rescores
1 point for meme sets
The top 3 with the highest scores will get a special reward.

Details
- Any sets rescored before the event will count towards your score.
- To qualify for getting points for rescoring a set you need to have completed roughly 50% of the set in hardcore.
- Score using the provided tiers.
- If you feel strongly you are qualified to rescore a set but don't meet the 50% hardcore completion standard you still might be allowed to qualify. Message @rescore in the #rescore-event channel with details or post a message in this forum topic.
- Each set you rescore needs to be done in good faith; if it appears low-effort or trolling the score will not qualify.
- If a game you want to rescore isn't on the list message @rescore in the #rescore-event channel with details or post a message in this forum topic.

Rewards
- An event badge for anyone with 40 qualified points
- The users with the top 3 rescores points will get special recognition and an emoji in Discord made in their honor (or one they submit).

Event is hosted by: , , , ,

CrazyDiamond00
Posted: 30 Jun, 2019 22:28
I don't know how to re-score MegaMan 2. Seriously. The point distribution for it is already good enough.

kdecks
Posted: 30 Jun, 2019 22:41
Rather than looking at the set as a whole, look at each achievement and match it up with the nearest score level.

CrazyDiamond00
Posted: 30 Jun, 2019 22:42
Last Edit: 30 Jun, 2019 22:43
I mean, they are balanced, each one. There is no achievement worth more than 10 points in this set, really.

kdecks
Posted: 30 Jun, 2019 22:45
You could then, perhaps, re-score it by that estimation, and give it the score it already has or close to it.

Alekon88
Posted: 01 Jul, 2019 04:50
Although I didn't try these sets in RA yet I would like to contribute. I played some of these games in the past a lot, and know enough about the different aspects of them. At least is a little something I can do in return for all the fun this site has gave to me.

Enddox
Posted: 01 Jul, 2019 10:11
Last Edit: 02 Jul, 2019 03:56

outrun
Posted: 01 Jul, 2019 12:47
You should reset all scores on the ranking, everyone with zero points, from the beginner with this new sets!

ikki5
Posted: 01 Jul, 2019 13:07
Last Edit: 01 Jul, 2019 13:08
I was under the impression that devs would get to re-score their own sets eventually (referring to Paper Mario).

JAM
Posted: 01 Jul, 2019 13:09
You should reset all scores on the ranking, everyone with zero points, from the beginner with this new sets!
ROFL. How about no?

outrun
Posted: 01 Jul, 2019 13:29
Are you admin?

JAM
Posted: 01 Jul, 2019 13:34
Should I be? Why the hell should I lose all the points and achievements I gained in 2 years? Just because of new point system?

outrun
Posted: 01 Jul, 2019 13:34
It's just a suggestion man, no need this arrogance. But ok.

CrazyDiamond00
Posted: 01 Jul, 2019 15:46
Meh. I don't agree on what said. I would lose all the achievements I earned with pure dedication. It would be a complete waste of the time I spent on these games.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account