RPM [Retro Points Master]
Posted: 22 May, 2019 00:37
Last Edit: 22 May, 2019 00:38
Gentlemen, start your engines.
RPM or Retro Points Master is survival type event similar to Leap Frog. Goal of the event is to motivate players to improve their stats after events like AotW, Challenge League and Leap Frog where you sometimes need to get only 1 easy achievement from the set. Master of Month helps there too and I will continue to host it.
Event starts on Saturday, June 1st at 00:00 (GMT). Leave a post if you want to participate. Late start is also OK if make first sumbission until the week 1 ends.
What's the rules and why not Leap Frog III?
1. It's based not on achievements and even not on point. Event is based on retro points (white points after any achievement). What I really don't like in Leap Frog is that you could play all the day, get the hard achievement like beat the game without dying once but this is only 1 achievement so you'll out. In this event you can play a lot of shitty games with easy achievements or gain less but more harder achievements to get required number of petro points. It's up to you. You can still play easy games as in Leap Frog but in that case you'll need to master 5 sets like
2. Submitions are once per week, not once per day. Nobody's forcing you to play everyday.
3. Softcore counts but you'll get only 10% of retro points for achievement gained in softcore. No 2x multiplication in hardcore though. If you see achievement like Level 1 (5) (6), 6 points will be counted for event if gained in hardcore, 0.6 in softcore.
4. Week goal is (250) retro points, incremented by (250) in every next week: 500, 750, 1000 etc.
5. Playing set being recently revised is OK. But keep in mind: you must have the required number of points at the end of the week. If somebody did revision and you are the only one who won new achievement worth (500) retro points and during the week 10 more players did the same achievement it will worth only (100) retro points or so.
6. Event starts at Saturday, June 1st at 00:00 (GMT) if there'll be at least 5 participants at that time.
7. Sumbitions should be done during the week. Plaese make one post and edit it during the week. All achievements should be done from Saturday 00:00 (GMT) to Friday 23:59 (GMT). Overtime to edit the post is 2 hours. I.e. after the week officially ends you can't get more achievements for this week but you have 2 hours up to 01:59 (GMT) of Saturday to edit your post and include everything you want to submit.
8. Retro Ratios for all submitted sets will be manually recalculated as the event week ends (00:00 GMT Saturday).
9. Players who won't get the required amount of retropoints after the event week ends will be eilminated as it was in Leap Frog.
A. Reseting the cheevos to re-earn them is bad but I can't track that.
B. Event will last until there be only one.
C. Sets with no cheat protection or badly coded achievements (trigerred in wrong time (read: free points for everyone)) are OK to sumbit in this event but they most likely won't worth a lot of retro points because of how they are calculated.
Posted: 23 May, 2019 14:26
Posted: 23 May, 2019 15:32
I haven't had much free time lately, but sure, I'll participate.
Posted: 23 May, 2019 16:35
I also will try :D
Posted: 23 May, 2019 20:46
Last Edit: 23 May, 2019 20:46
Count me in :)
Posted: 24 May, 2019 22:43
Hold on, that was Leapscrock! Are you telling me that Leapscrock was YOU!?! WHAT!?!
Posted: 25 May, 2019 00:26
Last Edit: 25 May, 2019 00:27
What a surprise... first four to sign up are the Leap Frog All-Stars...
I guess we need to fix the damage we've done.
Posted: 30 May, 2019 02:56
Of course I'll participate too. I want to fix my stats.
Posted: 30 May, 2019 03:38
Not planning on lasting long but I feel obligated to join everything. Count me in. 🤣
Posted: 30 May, 2019 15:57
With JAM and DrPixel I think Leap Frog All Stars is complete now. :deng: Everyone participated on both editions.
Posted: 31 May, 2019 13:11
Okay, I will try to join. Did not play retro-games the last 5 month so at least this event motivates me to find some time. Hope in a month or two, when the event becomes difficult, I will have more time to play.
> Plaese make one post and edit it during the week.
You mean an one post at the topic (i.e. this post for me) or an one post per week?
Posted: 01 Jun, 2019 03:57
I actually saw this before the event started. I probably won't last a month since I don't plan on changing the amount of time I spend playing each week, but I'll join, if only to make the winner seem more impressive.
Posted: 01 Jun, 2019 05:08
Last Edit: 08 Jun, 2019 03:01
Event is started. I'll write in Discord too (a few hours later). You still have 165 hours to join.
One post per week please (from this message) will all your stats.
Posted: 02 Jun, 2019 00:11
Last Edit: 02 Jun, 2019 00:11
Posted: 02 Jun, 2019 08:34
Last Edit: 03 Jun, 2019 02:42
Week 01 - Goal: 250
Total: 250 | 644
login to RetroAchievements:
or create a new account
or create a new account