The Fabulous Custodes: 16
The Admons: 16
Super Ultra Mighty Koopa Bros. The Great!!: 14
The Deadbeats: 11
Team Goomba: 5
Speed-Leaping Devs: 6
Team42: 4

Everyone that did creative got a point

Bonus Points for Creative, we had 3 teams win another point from my team of judges.
There is No Error
Sugar and Snails and Snips and Spice
The Admons

Challenge 1: Best Flower goes to JAm from Speed Leaping Devs for the deepest cut flower

Challenge 2 has no bonus, it was going to lootus but celgang2 is dead

Challenge 3 the bonus goes to Upper4 and Custodes for the most obscure and forgotten characters used as a replacement hero. Also Cream really sucks.

============
Week 4
KOMBAT TIME

Required amazing viewing

Challenge 1: You must beat a fighting game on HARD difficulty minimum

Challenge 2: MK isn't the only game to have finishers, earn an achievement related to an amazing finishing move. It does not need to be a fighting game.
(NO MK Games)

Challenge 3: Earn an achievement related to a character, boss, item, area, or even just the achievement name that SHARES a name with a Mortal Kombat character
(NO MK Games)

Challenge 4: MK is famous for its cheats, you need to unlock an achievement relating to a cheat code in game or purposely buried content behind a code
Example: Justin Bailey in Metroid (Yeah I'm not letting you use this one)

Team Challenge: Each member of the team must complete 3 achievements about a character in a MK game, each member must use a different character.
==The Twist is each member must have all their achievements related to the same MK character, can be the same game if needed.
Member1 gets 3 Liu Kang
Member2 gets 3 Baraka
Member3 and 4 etcetc=

Creative Challenge
As a team you are going to design a complete achievement list for Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance GBA. You are NOT coding, or making badges. Afterwards feel free to take it to the board of achievementcation and do what you want with it. But for the purpose of this challenge your teams making a design doc essentially. Doing this without trolling will earn you a point, a bonus point for those that win the popular vote.

Shmelyoff
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 06:04
Last Edit: 22 Apr, 2019 17:45
Team Challenge: Each member of the team must complete 3 achievements about a character in a MK game, each member must use a different character.

Team: The Upper4

televandalist
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 06:44

;)

eldexter
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 08:15

Team: The Mighty Koopa Bros The Best

kdecks
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 10:24
Last Edit: 21 Apr, 2019 10:29
is possibly the PERFECT achievement this week.

✓Challenge 1: Beating a fighting game on Hard

Puzzle Fighting and he did it on Master Difficulty

✓Challenge 2: Achievement with a finishing Move

Example: (skip to 5:16)

In puzzle fighter *sometimes* you'll use a finishing move when winning. (this ones'a stretch as you'll get strong attacks when you make long combos)

✓Challenge 3: Achievement that shares a name with a MK character

Dan? Ever heard of Dan Forden? Ever heard "Toasty!"

Example: (skip to 1:35)

https://mortalkombat.fandom.com/wiki/Dan_Forden

Yep, this is Dan, who is a non-playable character in Mortal Kombat.

✓Challenge 4: Unlock an achievement related to a cheat code?

You guessed it, you gotta put in a cheat code to play as Dan.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/arcade/583635-super-puzzle-fighter-ii-turbo/cheats

Hotscrock
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 14:06
Challenge 3: Earn an achievement related to a character, boss, item, area, or even just the achievement name that SHARES a name with a Mortal Kombat character
(NO MK Games)

Team: There is NO error

earfly
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 15:36
Last Edit: 21 Apr, 2019 18:41
Challenge 2: MK isn't the only game to have finishers, earn an achievement related to an amazing finishing move. It does not need to be a fighting game.
(NO MK Games)

Team: There is NO error

televandalist
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 18:10

Blazekickn
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 18:10
Last Edit: 28 Apr, 2019 00:27
Creative Challenge:

Made this in like 5 minutes before i went to bed last night after reading some stuff on gayfaqs. Some have names but others don't cause i'm lazy

Arcade (Achievements will count for default settings only unless stated otherwise):
Beat Arcade Mode with each character on Normal or Higher x12
Beat Arcade Mode on Hard or V. Hard
Beat Arcade Mode on V. Hard
Komplete Maniac – Complete Arcade Mode on V. Hard without using a Continue

The Crypt(TM):
Unlock every character x5 (would also count as Beat the Game on Easy, V. Easy, and Normal cheeves)
Unlock every skin for each character x12
I’ve Been Everywhere, Man – Unlock every stage and mode.
Test Your Wallet – Unlock the two most expensive items in The Crypt
Kompletionist – Buy every item in The Crypt

Survival:
Use x Character to beat y Character on V. Hard x12
Perform a Fatality with each character x12
It's Getting Hot in Here - Win a Fight in Thermal Mode
The Name Alone Gives Me a Headache - Win a Fight in VB Mode
Old Skool - Win a Fight in Classic Mode
Dark Kombat - Win a Fight in Night Vision Mode

Other:
Test Your Might
Test Your Sight

Challenges:
Exclusive Button Masher – Win a Fight on the Easiest Difficulty without pressing a direction.
Grounded Warrior – Win a Fight on Normal or Higher without jumping.
Flawless Victory – Win a fight with 2 rounds or more without taking damage on Very Hard.
Kwik Play – Win a fight with 2 rounds or more on 30 seconds timer on Very Hard without Timing Out.
I’m Tired of Kombat – Win a round on 90 seconds timer on Very Hard through Time Out.

Misc. (aka memes):
Bilingual Kombat – Win a fight under every language option in one sitting.
I’d Really Prefer if You Were Quiet – Mute the music and sfx in the Options.
Self-Insert – Name your profile after a fighter.
Actual Self-Insert – Name your profile after meee. :DDDD
Christian Fighting Game – Excuse me we’re not allowed to use that kind of language here. (Name your profile a naughty word)
Deng – deng (Name your profile Deng)
Kwik Kash – Start with a lot of Koins. (Disables all crypt related achievements).
I Forgot This Existed - View the Krazy Kredits

I also did a few code notes because i forgot no coding.
Team: #celgang

televandalist
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 19:03
- challenge 2 isn't that much of a stretch when playing as Dan. Repeatedly (and quickly) chaining strong attacks to drop 90+ blocks on Akuma's side is the only way I've ever been able to beat him with Dan, even on normal difficulty.

His suicidal attack pattern is the worst.

Blazekickn
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 19:54
Challenge 1:

this took way less time than i thought it would. Fighting polygon team was nice today.
Team: #celgang

Teriaaaaa
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 21:50
Last Edit: 28 Apr, 2019 03:09
(NO MK Games)

Mortal Kombat Character: Scorpion

Team: Super Ultra Mighty Koopa Bros. The Great!!

Zyndeyqualarrin
Posted: 21 Apr, 2019 23:55
Last Edit: 22 Apr, 2019 00:28
Challenge 4: MK is famous for its cheats, you need to unlock an achievement relating to a cheat code in game or purposely buried content behind a code.

Shmelyoff
Posted: 22 Apr, 2019 05:14
Challenge 4: MK is famous for its cheats, you need to unlock an achievement relating to a cheat code in game or purposely buried content behind a code

CrazyDiamond00
Posted: 22 Apr, 2019 17:03
(NO MK Games)

Page: 1 2 3 4 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account