login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

Achievement of the Week #12 + Our 2nd 2 Weeker

AuthorMessage

StingX2
Posted: 29 Apr, 2014 04:35
Last Edit: 06 May, 2014 14:14
Each week a new achievement will be chosen. Some weeks we will do achievements on obscure underplayed games and other weeks the challenge will be the hardest in that game's entire set.

If you can get the achievement you win 1 point towards the just for fun leaderboard, 2 for earning it on hardcore! (You Also must earn it in this week to get the point)

Scott: "Can I add - if you already have this achievement and want to enter the competition, please visit your settings page (www.retroachievements.org/controlpanel.php) and remove the achievement from your account first. You will find the option to remove individual achievements from your account under "reset game progress", first pick the game (Power Blade/Chrono Trigger), then the achievement ('Lord of the Power Blade/Toxic Avenger'). This will allow you to re-earn the achievement this week! Good luck all!"

This Week's Achievement: Lord of the Power Blade by Rdannylor2

AND

OUR 2ND TWO WEEKER: Toxic Avenger by cirellio

Current Leaderboard
Philintheblanks: 26
RyanRJ: 26
STHX: 26
popoki: 26
dude1286: 20
fluttershy: 18
cirellio: 14
msdmario: 12
SexyChazz: 10
yoyo: 8
jackolantern: 6
blackzwolf: 6
sebax: 6
scootaloo: 6
UNHchabo: 6
MK2k: 6
TrainerAbu: 5
AxelNL: 4
Mctavish: 4
Rhadamanthys: 4
Coczero: 4
rdannylor: 4
Scott: 2
Astrophil: 2
rubixcube: 2
Fernandes: 2
JonnyRetro: 2
StingX2: 2
Gaians: 2
denine: 2
mickeyt: 2
darkluigi3000: 2

#1 Kirby Victors: Philintheblanks, rdannylor, Mctavish, Astrophil, SexyChazz, Rhadamanthys, AxelNL, rubixcube, Fernandes, STHX, dude1286, RyanRJ, popoki, JonnyRetro, TrainerAbu, jackolantern, Coczero, Scott

#2 Ducktales Victors: Philintheblanks, AxelNL, Mctavish, SexyChazz, RyanRJ, popoki, Rhadamanthys, Coczero, dude1286, STHX, rdannylor, yoyo, TrainerAbu, cirellio, Fluttershy,

#3 Mickey Victors: Philintheblanks, RyanRJ, STHX, SexyChazz, dude1286, popoki, MK2K, cirellio, fluttershy, yoyo, TrainerAbu (normal)

#4 Star Fox: cirellio, yoyo, RyanRJ, STHX, jackolantern, dude1286, Philinthebanks, UNHchabo, Sexychazz, popoki

#5 Metroid 2: yoyo, Philinthebanks, StingX2, dude1286, RyanRJ, STHX, popoki, fluttershy, msdmario, sexychazz, unchabo, cirellio

#6 Fantasy Zone: Fluttershy, popoki, StingX2 (normal), philinthebanks, dude1286, STHX, msdmario (normal), Gaians, Cirellio, RyanRJ

#7 Mega Man X: denine, Philinthebanks, RyanRJ, Popoki, dude1286, STHX, Fluttershy, cirellio, msdmario (normal)

#8 Revolution X: Philinthebanks, STHX, dude1286, popoki, RyanRJ

#9 Valis: mickeyt, ryanrj, dude1286, scootaloo, popoki, fluttershy, sebax, sthx, philinthebanks, msdmario, jackolantern, blackzwolf,

#10 Sonic 1: MK2k, Blackzwolf, msdmario, popoki, fluttershy, philinthebanks, sthx, ryanrj

#11 Mario 1: Blackzwolf, Sebax, fluttershy, scootaloo, ryanrj, popoki, unhchabo, msdmario, sthx, mk2k, philintheblanks, darkluigi3000

#12 Power Blade: RyanRJ, STHX, PhilintheBlanks, popoki

-----
Long 2 Weekers
#1 Oracle of Ages: scootaloo, dude1286, sebax, msdmario, fluttershy, philinthebanks, sthx, ryanrj, popoki

#2 Chrono Trigger : Fluttershy, cirellio (1 week to go)

RyanRJ
Posted: 29 Apr, 2014 16:41
Last Edit: 29 Apr, 2014 16:58
Power Blade on hardcore = done :) I actually enjoyed it even though it felt like a Mega Man ripoff at points.

Once I learned the levels, I decided which were the hardest and did those first. I loosely suggest going:
2 --> 6 --> 4 = 5 --> 1 --> 3 --> 7

2 is a frustrating level where enemies can knock you into pits a lot, and it also has one of the most annoying bosses.
6 has some tight pit jumping and an annoying part with a few disappearing blocks and a boss that hits hard.
4 and 5 are about even. 4 has some pit jumping, and 5 is very long (you will run low on time if you're not quick or get lost)
1 is pretty tame, but you still have to be careful on some parts
3 is a really easy level and has the easiest boss

Also, the Power Blade powerup is awesome. It shoots through walls and you definitely want to try carrying it into the boss with you.

STHX
Posted: 30 Apr, 2014 10:43
Power Blade done. Playing this game was weird, it felt like a mix of other NES titles. The Castlevania like hud, the Mega Man style level select, those rotating spheres from SMB3, and the Contra look alike protagonist.

Scott
Posted: 30 Apr, 2014 12:46
Wow, that was fast guys, congrats! that makes it more enticing to play lol

Cheers for the advice Ryan, I'm going to hopefully give this one a go this weekend. Probably on casual not hardcore lol I need my save states!

Fluttershy
Posted: 30 Apr, 2014 15:41
Toxic Avenger on hardcore!

PhilInTheBlanks
Posted: 01 May, 2014 18:26
Just got Lord of the Power Blade on Hardcore. Honestly wasn't sure if I was gonna be able to get this one. Now to load up Chrono Trigger!

popoki
Posted: 03 May, 2014 23:51
Last Edit: 04 May, 2014 03:13
>been playing power blade all day, gotta get that aotw...

>need to finish this crap fast because i'm only gonna have till thursday night to finish both next week's aotw and chrono trigger's which will take a long time and i haven't even started, among other obligations

>finish normal and absolutely destroying expert, palms sweating like mad, doing the levels form hardest imo to easiest, saved Sector 1 for last

>somehow lock up for a split-second and get knocked into spikes at the very end of the stage, resulting in a death

sorry, i'm dead

*edit* phewwww... and done! Got "Lord of the Power Blade" at last. Game was too fun and had much too awesome music to keep me down for long.

Now time to get grinding on CT....

*edit 2* WOWWWWWWW JUST NOTICED I NEVER TURNED HARDCORE MODE BACK ON AFTER MESSING WITH ACHIEVEMENTS A WEEK AGO. Super cool looks like i get to do more FREAKIN POWER BLADE STUFF HAHAHAH but W/E I HAVE IT ON SOFTCORE FOR NOW W/E W/E

*edit 3* ok actually it wasn't hard at all to grab it real quick again on hardcore. So yeah Lord of the Power Blade on hardcore 2 points plz

cirellio
Posted: 05 May, 2014 13:15
Last Edit: 05 May, 2014 13:31
I played Chrono Trigger from a New Game on Hardcore and nabbed the Aot2W last night. Thanks Sting and GL to everyone who's still going after it!

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account