Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Genre Search

AuthorMessage

thedustyjoypad
Posted: 10 Apr, 2019 13:53
Ive recently been enjoying discovering SHMUP style games, but dont know too many of them to just go looking for names. This got me thinking about being able to search by genre on the site.

I realize this probably isnt as easy as it sounds, because all of the games would need the appropriate tags on them, but I think something like that would be cool for someone who is interested in discovering a particular genre of game.

mentifisto
Posted: 12 Apr, 2019 22:39
I've asked for this a few times already, and tags won't be a problem it seems to me since most games already have genres which for some reason are for display only...

televandalist
Posted: 12 Apr, 2019 22:51
It's unlikely that we'll get something like this until V2 of the site. In the meantime, I've been working on 'hub' pages by reassigning junk SNES pages. You can see a list of all of them, as well as their progress here. You can also leave comments on the page if you have suggestions.

The overall plan is to use the data collected during this project to get a head start on tags, keywords, groups, etc. for V2.

thedustyjoypad
Posted: 15 Apr, 2019 08:00
That sounds excellent - Look forward to seeing what comes of it :)

JLponyo
Posted: 04 May, 2019 03:11
Last Edit: 05 May, 2019 01:09
Are you just trying to find good shmups to play or to be able to find them on RA?

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account