ikki5
Posted: 29 Mar, 2019 02:38
Last Edit: 20 Apr, 2019 02:44

Zyvyn
Posted: 06 Apr, 2019 22:07
does this apply to people who already had the achievement

Hotscrock
Posted: 06 Apr, 2019 22:30
According to Achievement of Week rules if you already have the achievement you can either reset it and earn again or use an alt to earn it.

Nikus
Posted: 09 Apr, 2019 23:38
Last Edit: 09 Apr, 2019 23:38
Oh, I just started Paper Mario yesterday, I'll try this challenge for the first time then.
Though, the game has many slowdowns for me, and it's especially grating because of the crackling sound when that happens. I'm using the RA emulator with the Gliden64 plugin, I've messed around in the options but no luck. Anyone else has the same issue? It's the first time I play an N64 game on emulation and I don't know if Paper Mario is especially known to have issues like these.
I also tried on RetroArch with different cores and it's even worse.

JAM
Posted: 10 Apr, 2019 05:35
Reduce screen resolution to 640x480. If doesn't help, use another plug-in.

FeRcHuLeS
Posted: 24 Apr, 2019 16:31
Got them all already, It was the first time playing Metroid and dissapointed me since no teleport system, inaccurate moving controls (as if with lubricant on my hands), kind of strange vertical scrolling, practically no clues to find new paths (breaking a glass passage), I've got bored walking around for hours fighting foes lacking charisma, and bombing everywhere.

Hotscrock
Posted: 24 Apr, 2019 18:18
Super Metroid is not supposed to be rushed to be fully enjoyed. If it's your first playthrough the one week restriction to finish it kinda spoil the fun. It was my first time playing this one also, but I already knew the mechanics from other games of Metroid series. Some paths are not obvious sometimes and I think that is intended to extend the play time. The game is from a time were no internet or online guides were available and it was very common to stay stuck for days on certain points till you get a hint from a friend or a gaming magazine and proceed.

JAM
Posted: 27 Apr, 2019 05:38
Agree with Hotscrock. Timelimit is killing the fun.

Evilman
Posted: 27 Apr, 2019 13:30
I remember that I was lost for more than a month when I played the game for the first time (7 - 8 years old kid ?) 'cause, like you and many others, I never thought to use a bomb to break the glass tunnel underwater. On the moment, it's quite frustrating, but it's also what makes this game among the very best ever made.

You're a lone ranger sent on a rescue mission on a hostile planet.
You're alone.
There's no help.
It's just you, your legs and arms, and a few power-ups.

The rest ? Use your fucking head.

It might seem brutal, cold, cryptic, but that's exactly what would happen if it was for real. Using a guide totally breaks what the game aims for.

Alekon88
Posted: 28 Apr, 2019 02:55
Last Edit: 28 Apr, 2019 09:13
If it's your first time playing I also agree that time limit kinda ruins the expierience. I remembered being stuck several days because I dindn't know I have to break the glass tunnel too xD

P.S. Yay! I've earned my first seasonal cheevo! Thanks for the challenge! :D

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account