login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

Rich Presence

Page: < 1 2 3 4
AuthorMessage

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 29 Aug, 2017 23:28
Mmm, you're right kdecks. I tried different ways but it didn't worked. You can only override what you previously set but nothing else, bummer :(

Jamiras
Posted: 29 Aug, 2017 23:45
I tried this:

0=Zero
0!=Not Zero
1=One
2!=Not Two
!3=Not Three
4=!Not Four
5banana=Five
6=Six=6
7<>Seven
8!Eight
*=Star
=Blank

Results:

0 > Not Zero
1 > One
2 > Not Two
3 > Unknown
4 > !Not Four
5 > Five
6 > Six=6
7 >
8 >
9 > Unknown

If I had to guess, I'd say the interpreter is parsing the numerical front of the string, then skipping ahead to the equals and assigning the remaining portion as the value in a dictionary. Note that "0!" overwrote "0" and "7" and "8" got assigned blank values even without an equal sign.

LupineDream
Posted: 01 Nov, 2017 11:17
I have a question. Does bbcode formatting work inside Rich Presence? Say, to format text or change its color? [color=red]color red[/color]

Salsa
Posted: 01 Nov, 2017 15:08
As you see it doesn't even work here, so I doubt it.

Scott
Posted: 01 Nov, 2017 15:40
Would be awesome to get this working as expected... especially for rich presence. Is there a chance it could be abused?

Salsa
Posted: 01 Nov, 2017 16:06
I'm not sure how it could be abused. Regardless there are other problems in relation to the forums http://retroachievements.org/viewtopic.php?t=5287, probably server migration side effects. Also critical issue is the fact that any user can delete any forum thread.

LupineDream
Posted: 02 Nov, 2017 12:34
Last Edit: 02 Nov, 2017 12:38
BBCode isn't something that can be abused. Unless you're allowing something hideously dumb like [embed] or [script] bbcode (which never existed in the first place), its pretty safe.

There's a multitude of parser online, that will regex whatever input they're given, find the bbcode, safety replace it as HTML, and pipe it to output. The beauty of an output module like this, it does come with a backend utility you could use to conf it (in most cases, or a module config.php, allowing things like unsafe URL filtering to happen. (so someone couldn't drop say, a tor link in the forums, or a pirate site).

Putting it into an actual page template (the parser) is just a little twig, usually.

I don't know what backend RA is using. I've messed with Drupal8. It allowed me to do some pretty cool stuff. Shortcode/bbcode and twig being two of the coolest.
Page: < 1 2 3 4

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account