I Created for SMS Icons games hasn`t on RA

Legend of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

Mickey's Ultimate Challenge

Alexavelino123
Posted: 09 Jan, 2019 20:18

kdecks
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 01:48
Last Edit: 10 Jan, 2019 01:52
@ there's no currently no better way on site to hold polls, believe me, we've tried. On Discord each vote is tied to a registered user and it's extremely easy and quick to implement and execute.

I also want to reiterate 's point:
> We can always run another vote of the same game. Once a image has changed does not mean its set in stone.

About everything getting lost, I disagree. Many of the channels such as the news channels are excellent archives, where the news carousel on the website is more quickly hidden or forum topics posts get buried.

Concerning Discord the fact of the matter is that it's such an improved communication platform over our current forum and chat box that's it has accelerated community progress, allowing for us to coordinate site changes, create and maintain much higher standards of quality, have plan and enact involved community events, resolve administrative issues more efficiently, collective decision making at multiple levels, and plenty more. It's also super easy to use and is fully accessible as a phone app. I'd suggest getting the most out of it.

My take away: We'll make sure that all new icon votes will be posted publicly in this forum topic, so those who don't use Discord easily can follow along. (Keeping it here instead of individual topics is to prevent submissions falling though the cracks.) Also that we, the site leadership, need to be more vigilant to post important site news on site, as well as Discord. Thirdly that we should probably back up the important channels periodically off Server in the off chance that Discord is shut down.

Spawncalibur
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 02:15
Last Edit: 10 Jan, 2019 02:58
Ill be adding posts here that are in the voting process of image suggestions that Ive got by PMs and on discord. Not counting image suggestions shared here already. Hopefully that will help others that dont use discord much or at all. Will still need to use discord to vote of course.

Votes currently running as of this post:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories (Game Boy Color)

R-Type (PC Engine)

Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest (SNES)

Gamechamp
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 02:22
Last Edit: 10 Jan, 2019 02:23
A bit of constructive advice, : I would suggest always keeping the source images you use for icons in the original aspect ratio. Heavier distortion looks really bad, and even smaller changes to aspect ratio inaccurately reflect the original art style. It's better to show only a portion of the image than to squash/stretch it to get the entire thing to fit.

in particular looks like Mickey has been crushed into a pancake.

Spawncalibur
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 02:33
Last Edit: 10 Jan, 2019 02:35
Yes keeping the ratio without distortion would be best. Make sure to constrain the image when scaling/rotating it up or down.
With Photoshop you use the Transform(ctrl+T) then hold shift and scale the image without distortion. Think newer versions of PS you dont hold shift.
All depends on what your using. In other software it could be called something else.

Evilman
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 06:12
@ & @

I got your points, as Kdecks said I definitely understand why Discord might be the easiest solution to center all votes at the moment, it's tricky and messy to post external polls on every game topic obviously, I just wish that people only using the forums will be able to vote at some point.

If all new submissions are posted on this thread before approval, it's good enough for me, the important part of my message is that forum readers should be informed as much of changes / important submissions as Discord users, as long as it's at least centered in one clear place like this thread, I'm fine. :>

Blazekickn
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 10:46
Last Edit: 10 Jan, 2019 10:54
suggested by

Original Icon:

New Icon Suggestion:
A.

B.

Alexavelino123
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 14:47
Last Edit: 10 Jan, 2019 15:18
Suggestion icon.

Developer: Hummer Team
Publisher: Ge De Industry
Genre: Platform
First released: 1994

Please somebody add cover, on the page somari

Alexavelino123
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 19:50

MaddieKittyTV
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 20:40
Last Edit: 10 Jan, 2019 20:46
Icon for

Icon i want

Box Art

Title Screen

Gameplay

Spawncalibur
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 21:47
Last Edit: 10 Jan, 2019 21:58
Thanks. Try to keep game icons to the correct sizes though if possible. 96x96 is best.
Other images like box art, title art, ect pixel size doesnt long as they are under 1mb.
If a game doesnt have any art it wont need to be up for a vote and can just be added to the game of course. Ill do that now with Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends proto.

Alexavelino123
Posted: 11 Jan, 2019 12:42
Last Edit: 12 Jan, 2019 19:38

Alexavelino123
Posted: 11 Jan, 2019 13:11

Spawncalibur
Posted: 11 Jan, 2019 15:56
Last Edit: 11 Jan, 2019 20:48
Thanks Alexavelino. Added many of them to voting. Didnt do all at once as Im trying to not flood the voting channel too much. Keep of the great work.

Just added for voting that are not within this thread.
Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest (SNES)

R-Type (PC Engine)

Powerpuff Girls - Bad Mojo Jojo (Game Boy Color)

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account