login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

2018 Retrospective

Page: < 1 2
AuthorMessage

hansolo77
Posted: 05 Jan, 2019 01:14
Wow nice list of improvements! I feel left out, not being a developer or of any real use. Although I do help out where I can, when I can. Mostly providing testing feedback on the whole RetroPie/RetroArch side of things. Coming up with ideas for improvements here and there (although lacking in ideas for implementation lol). I hope to get better some day. In the end, this is just a hobby. Let's not forget to PLAY!

earfly
Posted: 05 Jan, 2019 04:50
Awesome work, these days I went back to using the editor of achievements after a long time and it's really different and with very interesting functions that I wanted to use when making achievements in 2016-17. Thanks Meleu and all ra staff.

ENZYME1
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 01:05
Here I thought 2018 was an OK year with some community mishaps and now after looking at the list, it turns out the 2018 was a very productive year with RA still going strong, but on its way to becoming better than before. Thanks to a lot of the back-end work listed there by many talented people, a lot of the older issues RA had been once accustomed to are now finally being ironed out. I'm also sorry for not being on here a whole lot, but without getting off topic, I wish I can be on here more, but when I am able to be on here, it's that same dedication.

There's just something here you should include in your report, which could be added into the RADocs/Documentation section (sorry If I missed, if it's already there, but didn't see it so far) and that would be the first entry of achievement guides by and myself, which can be found here. I still think these guides are relevant and useful to the community as the site continues to grow with more and more new players who may be new to some of these games. As the site expands, the overall difficulty of achievements from set to set can fluctuate over time, we've already seen a recent wave of it after the library added N64 titles. I've been currently working on a guide for , so I plan to do more and hope to see other devs have interest in it. But otherwise, great job everybody!

meleu
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 23:17
Last Edit: 10 Jan, 2019 23:26
I've just added this to the OP:

Link: compiled some info about the sets published/revised in 2018. Check it here: https://retroachievements.org/viewtopic.php?t=8099

meleu
Posted: 10 Jan, 2019 23:19
, oh yeah!! the guides repository!! I'll update that post soon ;)
Page: < 1 2

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account