login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

Poll: 2 Week RPG Challenge or Complete a Game in a Month

AuthorMessage

StingX2
Posted: 02 Apr, 2014 15:04
Last Edit: 02 Apr, 2014 19:05
Option A: Alongside AOTW a 2 week challenge to earn an RPG achievement since these take longer

Option B: Suggested by dude a monthly challenge to complete an entire set of achievements

Poll will be open until the 9th, then I'll go with majority community demand

cirellio
Posted: 02 Apr, 2014 16:20
I think both of these options are interesting, but for now I think Option A would be best. It would be tough completing full sets under time-constraint.

dude1286
Posted: 02 Apr, 2014 16:34
Last Edit: 02 Apr, 2014 16:34
I think you know which one I choose. A full month should be plenty of time to finish any list we have up here since we don't have any crazy MP cheevos (unless you count Chrono Trigger's list, that is crazy to go through the game multiple times when it takes a while to go through the game once).

jackolantern
Posted: 02 Apr, 2014 16:35
I like the idea of both. They sound fun and give options to peeps who play multiple games at once and the guys that normally complete the AOTW something else to aim for in the interim between weekly challenges.

popoki
Posted: 02 Apr, 2014 19:49
I think the month thing makes more sense. Having an aotw every week and a second every two weeks would be a bit too much to keep up with imho. Just a simple aotw and 'game of the month' would be cool i think. Of course the games of the month would only be games with full sets of quality achievements, maybe push people to finish the 400 on games they're working on or further refine them, like I'm thinking only games that are unlikely to go through more revisions in the future so we'll feel like we're really "done" with the games that become Game of the Month.

Fluttershy
Posted: 03 Apr, 2014 03:10
Both options are great... but I will start with the Option A!

RyanRJ
Posted: 06 Apr, 2014 22:19
I think that a good starting point is Option A. After seeing how that goes, you could keep it that way or change it to B.

I like the idea that the weekly challenge is one achievement - the penultimate achievement. I think there might be something lost in having to get the whole set.

PhilInTheBlanks
Posted: 06 Apr, 2014 22:33
Option A. I totally agree with Ryan's reasoning.

jackolantern
Posted: 06 Apr, 2014 22:51
maybe you could do a merger of the two ideas. Have a single achievement for the two weeks or month for a point and an extra point for completing the set keeping it to one game. That way the users who don't have enough time to complete the set can try for the single achievement and not have to miss out on the challenge.

RyanRJ
Posted: 06 Apr, 2014 22:56
Well, I also assume that this is only the protocol for when an RPG is chosen and that we won't have a different RPG running every 2 weeks, lol. That would be a bit much for me.

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account