Achievement of the Week #6
Posted: 18 Mar, 2014 00:51
Each week a new achievement will be chosen. Some weeks we will do achievements on obscure underplayed games and other weeks the challenge will be the hardest in that game's entire set.
If you can get the achievement you win 1 point towards the just for fun leaderboard, 2 for earning it on hardcore! (You Also must earn it in this week to get the point)
Scott: "Can I add - if you already have this achievement and want to enter the competition, please visit your settings page (www.retroachievements.org/controlpanel.php) and remove the achievement from your account first. You will find the option to remove individual achievements from your account under "reset game progress", first pick the game (Fantasy Zone), then the achievement ('Awesome Score'). This will allow you to re-earn the achievement this week! Good luck all!" (Although no one earned this)
This Week's Achievement: Awesome Score, by Pereira006
#1 Kirby Victors: Philintheblanks, rdannylor, Mctavish, Astrophil, SexyChazz, Rhadamanthys, AxelNL, rubixcube, Fernandes, STHX, dude1286, RyanRJ, popoki, JonnyRetro, TrainerAbu, jackolantern, Coczero, Scott
#2 Ducktales Victors: Philintheblanks, AxelNL, Mctavish, SexyChazz, RyanRJ, popoki, Rhadamanthys, Coczero, dude1286, STHX, rdannylor, yoyo, TrainerAbu, cirellio, Fluttershy,
#3 Mickey Victors: Philintheblanks, RyanRJ, STHX, SexyChazz, dude1286, popoki, MK2K, cirellio, fluttershy, yoyo, TrainerAbu (normal)
#4 Star Fox: cirellio, yoyo, RyanRJ, STHX, jackolantern, dude1286, Philinthebanks, UNHchabo, Sexychazz, popoki
#5 Metroid 2: yoyo, Philinthebanks, StingX2, dude1286, RyanRJ, STHX, popoki, fluttershy, msdmario, sexychazz, unchabo, cirellio
#6 Fantasy Zone: Fluttershy, popoki, StingX2 (normal), philinthebanks, dude1286, STHX, msdmario (normal), Gaians, Cirellio, RyanRJ
Posted: 18 Mar, 2014 04:27
Yay! I got it on hardcore ^^
Posted: 18 Mar, 2014 08:42
I have no idea what this game is yet, but a sidescrolling shootemup sounds like a good break from what i've been playing :D
edit: and congrats to fluttershy :)
Posted: 18 Mar, 2014 09:29
I'm definitely gonna get on this one, I was pretty good at it when I played last :P grats for being the first flutters!
Posted: 18 Mar, 2014 12:26
I've never played it either but it fit my accidental space games in march theme
Posted: 18 Mar, 2014 14:10
I got it pretty easily on normal and that was with me not grinding enemies for points. It popped at the end of Rd 7.
Some tips for people that I learned:
STOCK LIVES, Always buy laser and destroy most of the spawners before it runs out, ALWAYS have Quartet missiles they are infinite
RD 8 is a boss rush!
1st Boss: Pumpkin only has one easily avoidable attack on the refight you can destroy him with your laser before he moves
2nd Boss: You need to pump your regular attack and destroy one of his gun turrets before he kills you, throw everything you got, after this you will have a safety zone that will grow. For boss rush blast him with the remainder of your laser you should half kill him
3rd boss: This fish is never a threat, he sucks you in and fires sporadic shots that barely hit.
4th Boss: The Axe can be removed with a ultra bomb and then missile barrage, same pattern for boss rush (fly above)
5th boss: Two heads are sliding across the screen you can only damage them if their eyes are open. Spam missiles and just avoid them only use the regular attack if one is sliding away from you and you have no chance to be hit. they don't fire at you so just avoid
6th boss: On your first encounter this guy is brutal because you cant land on the ground and he will likely take a life or two from you. The best idea is to fire everything you got at one of the turrets on his left side (as opposed to the ones closer to the top left or bottom left). From there you should have the space and be good. When going to his opposite side watch out for the thunder charge and fly above him, he tries to flatten you if you go under.
For boss rush mode you can now walk on the ground giving you more places to move, same pattern and strategy though
7th Boss: This seashell fires fast projectiles so hang on the left edge of the screen. Fire intos mouth and take this slow you have to disable every single part of the shell as it blows up into smaller bits and you don't want to back yourself into a corner. SPAM MISSILES and gun fire. once you beat the first form hes pretty quick
If you die on boss rush you start from the boss you died on
Posted: 18 Mar, 2014 14:25
A tip for the Round 6º (The shock level) if you want to clear it as fast as possible, Buy the Rubber Boots - The Laser Beam - And some Smart Bombs
Then go to the floor firing your laser and killing the spawners, when the enemies appears surrounding you, just use the smart bomb and keep destroying the spawners
Posted: 18 Mar, 2014 20:18
Got it on Hardcore! Definitely the quickest and easiest of these so far... and Fantasy Zone is hecka fun. Good deal!
*edit* Here's some Sweet Tipz™ from someone who just smashed the game in a couple hours, having played it for the very first time and having extremely minimal experience with the Fantasy Zone series beforehand -- so maybe I know what I'm doing I guess.
- Your weapons last just about exactly enough time, if you bought them at the very beginning of the stage, to wipe out all 10 Generators before they run out. The Shield lasts a few seconds more than this. If you wanna use them against a boss, your only real choice is to die purposely just before destroying the final generator to cause another shop to spawn, but this is generally quite unnecessary.
- The main most important things to buy are the $5,000 speed booster and the Quad-bombs -- though on level 1 you probably only have enough money to get the Big Wing instead, but definitely do so. The Wide shot is overall by far the best bang for your buck in most stages if you feel you'll need a stronger weapon and it's very good practice to buy it in each stage in Hard mode. The Laser is great for Round 6- Le-Picker (the electric level) as all the generators are on the ground. Be sure to buy the super light for Risscave and the rubber boots for Le-Picker too. Also the Shield is fantastic if you can afford it; doubly-so in Hard mode. I very highly recommend it in addition to the aforementioned items for Le-Picker on Hard.
- There's no real reason not to set Lives to 5 and turn on autofire in the options before you play.
1) Get really close to him holding both your Shot and Bomb buttons (I like to set them to X and A respectively on my 360 Gamepad, mimicking the control scheme of, say, Gradius III on the SNES, and it makes them both easy to hold simultaneously as is generally the best practice). Stay a bit above his midsection so if he manages to get a shot off before you kill him you aren't instantly defeated.
2) The Lightning special weapon is awesome for this guy, if you're lucky it'll destroy or turn red most if not all of his turrets with one use. Otherwise, position yourself so as not to get hit by his first laser which comes from the upper-left turret and get used to the spiral pattern; the more turrets you destroy the safer you are.
3) This fish is pretty straightforward, he's only vulnerable when his mouth opens and he's sucking you in but your quad-bombs will still home in on him even when you're facing the other way and the Tail-fire special weapon will destroy him very quickly as well.
4) Easily the hardest boss in the game imo. This axe idiot can only really be attacked from above by dropping bombs on him -- good luck if you lose a life on him and have no option but your wimpy default bomb, but hey, I beat him like that a couple times so you can too if need be. The quad or even dual-bombs are miracles to have in this fight and the best special weapon for him by far is the giant weight (it only takes 3 of them to kill him completely - i recommend buying them before you fight him). Generally you wanna just hide in the upper-left corner and toss a bomb at him when you can (moving forward while launching the small default bombs will give them greater forward velocity which is extremely useful here) while dodging the small shots he sends at you. He'll swing his axes around more wildly as you deplete his health and this can give you an opportunity to kill him quickly with your normal shots if you time it right but it's extremely dangerous. I read that you can actually destroy his axes with the Super bomb special weapon but I never got a chance to try it.
5) STAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN WHEN THIS GUY SPAWNS. If you hug the left wall like you should for most bossfights he'll spawn on top of you and kill you. The by-far most important thing to have for this fight is a speed power-up, the $5k one is great but the $20k one is even better if you can afford it; otherwise just wait for one of the statues to open its eyes and shoot that one. The other one will open its eyes as soon as the initial one closes its and vice-versa so you can position yourself better with this knowledge.
6) This guy's cake in the lower difficulties but is the only boss I noticed with a BIG change in behavior when playing on Hard. Basically he's kinda like a harder version of the 2nd boss, you wanna focus on a turret until it's destroyed so you have a safe spot then slowly, safely pick off the others, then going to repeat it on the other side. Be sure to only cross over to the other side when his meter on his forehead isn't nearly empty or he'll shock you. It's good practice to try to squeeze in between the middle two turrets when you do go to the other side, that's generally the safest place before you destroy one of them there too, and from then it's cake. He's also extremely vulnerable to the Lightning special weapon and if you stockpile 2-3 you can destroy him completely, or at least mostly, with them -- and this is HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended on Hard.
7) Big shrimp that shoots three huge balls forward periodically; after a bit of damage he splits into four smaller ones that each shoot one toward your current position and split into four even smaller ones when destroyed. These tiny ones will freeze in place upon defeat and will kill you if you touch any of them, effectively making your playfield smaller and smaller. It's best to try and destroy all the medium-sized ones at around the same time so you can focus on contending with the tiny ones without ALSO having to dodge huge bullets. This is one of the best times I'd recommend dying on purpose just before the boss and purchasing a 7-way Shot and/or some special weapons for the babies.
8) Boss rush stage, I recommend starting with at least one Lightning for the second boss and possibly a shield, don't bother with any primary weapons, they won't last long enough to be worth anything. If you die on the 3rd boss grab a Laser; on the 4th, grab the cheaper bomb upgrade and 1-3 Weights; 5th, the $5k booster; 6th, Lightning; 7th, 7-way shot.
9) First guy may seem hella intimidating but just get up in his face and let loose like the 1st boss; move back to the left with him and continue doing this, following him to the right again, and when he starts to attack with his giant 7-way shot just stay above him then continue your assault. Should be dead in no time. For the second boss, his weak point's the little glowy orb in his midsection. Really he's damn easy, just keep shooting at it and don't be scared of the big purple orb thing he shoots at you, it just slows you down as he bounces around the screen a la Armored Armadillo. He'll go down in no time and voila, you beat the game.
*bows after for some weird reason typing a mini-faq in this thread*
Posted: 18 Mar, 2014 22:10
Just got it on hardcore. Such a... strange game. But fun, I like it when the challenge is on games that I haevn't tried. Keep 'em coming, Sting!
Posted: 19 Mar, 2014 03:14
Got it hardcore.
Posted: 19 Mar, 2014 13:33
And another hardcore achievement bites the dust.
Posted: 23 Mar, 2014 17:39
Got it on Normal. Don't really have time to try again on hardcore.
Posted: 23 Mar, 2014 18:30
Got it! :) (on hardcore)
Thanks for the tips, everyone - they helped me a lot!
Posted: 23 Mar, 2014 21:26
Got it on hardcore!
Nice challenge, keep them coming :)
Posted: 23 Mar, 2014 23:04
Got it on hardcore. Thanks.
login to retroachievements.org:
or create a new account
or create a new account