Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 8 Aug, 2018 20:19 by

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Mutawarrior
Posted: 08 Aug, 2018 21:11
Back in the original forum thread for this game, which got deleted by someone in the past, I proposed the idea of splitting up , , & which previously required the players to do the Cut Man, Elec Man, Ice Man and Fire Man stages (both the stage & boss) damageless in 1 complete damageless run for each of the 4 stages where if someone reached the boss damageless and took a hit they would have to go back to the drawing board. I also posted this idea on the game wall and got feedback from users I PM'd who unlocked the previous versions of these achievements (like ) and they were fine with the idea of splitting them up into 4 damageless boss achievements and 4 damageless stage (up to but not including the boss) achievements. I even asked which one would they rather maintain credit for and was told to edit the pre-existing achievements as the new damageless boss achievements and to create new damageless stage achievements as they would rather do the stages damageless again than the boss fights.

So I created , , , and as the no-damage stage achievements for this game and edited the others as the no-damage boss achievements, for which those who unlocked in the past maintain credit for and don't have to do again.

[b]When you do these new ones, reset the game if you fail and take a hit. Also reset after every successful unlocking of the damageless stage achievements because one of the requirements needs a value that doesn't return until you the game starts up.
[/b]
You can use passwords and weapons/items if you want. I noticed someone removed the arm cannon only requirement the old achievements had before I started working on these & splitting them up, so I kept all the new ones open to using weapons too.

I tested them all and they work, so have fun and good luck.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 08 Aug, 2018 21:12
**I'll update the badges for the new achievements later today.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account