Rockman World (Japan).gb
MD5: D0B1C550250C859F4563165EB29033D6

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Mutawarrior
Posted: 08 Aug, 2018 21:11
Back in the original forum thread for this game, which got deleted by someone in the past, I proposed the idea of splitting up , , & which previously required the players to do the Cut Man, Elec Man, Ice Man and Fire Man stages (both the stage & boss) damageless in 1 complete damageless run for each of the 4 stages where if someone reached the boss damageless and took a hit they would have to go back to the drawing board. I also posted this idea on the game wall and got feedback from users I PM'd who unlocked the previous versions of these achievements (like ) and they were fine with the idea of splitting them up into 4 damageless boss achievements and 4 damageless stage (up to but not including the boss) achievements. I even asked which one would they rather maintain credit for and was told to edit the pre-existing achievements as the new damageless boss achievements and to create new damageless stage achievements as they would rather do the stages damageless again than the boss fights.

So I created , , , and as the no-damage stage achievements for this game and edited the others as the no-damage boss achievements, for which those who unlocked in the past maintain credit for and don't have to do again.

[b]When you do these new ones, reset the game if you fail and take a hit. Also reset after every successful unlocking of the damageless stage achievements because one of the requirements needs a value that doesn't return until you the game starts up.
[/b]
You can use passwords and weapons/items if you want. I noticed someone removed the arm cannon only requirement the old achievements had before I started working on these & splitting them up, so I kept all the new ones open to using weapons too.

I tested them all and they work, so have fun and good luck.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 08 Aug, 2018 21:12
**I'll update the badges for the new achievements later today.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 22 Aug, 2018 15:09
Last Edit: 22 Aug, 2018 15:12
I tested & and both unlock properly. I even posted comments on the achievements' pages regarding what to do if you take damage and fail to unlock them.

I'd currently like to ask the community, specifically players of this game who mastered it or invested time getting points, etc what their thoughts about these 2 achievements getting added to the core. I think the weapons achievements have too many points for the little effort it takes to unlock them and that their points rewards could be lowered to make room for these.

Worst case these new ones can be added to a Bonus set, but I don't plan on making anymore for this game so a Bonus set for just 2 achievements altogether is a waste of time (at least with ALttP GBA I have a bunch of ideas about future achievements I can put in that set so it won't remain at the 2 currently in it).

Anyway, let me know. Thanks.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 16 Sep, 2018 08:40
Last Edit: 16 Sep, 2018 08:41
After nearly a month of no negative feedback regarding & , I added them to the Core set. Both work properly and are very doable and allow the use of weapons/items.

Please see the achievement pages for the comments I left before attempting them so you know what to do in case you fail.

I used a rom with the following MD5/hash for making these 2 achievements:

4ba4398181d98958fa7434ba7716f11a

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account