User: 
Pass: 

Televandalist Dev Log

Page: 1 2 >
AuthorMessage

televandalist
Posted: 07 Aug, 2018 15:16
Last Edit: 02 Dec, 2018 00:41
I figured I'd write one of these up to keep myself organized on here. I'll update this part periodically.

I originally found this site a few years ago by chance. I was bored at work and made a fake trophy list for Suikoden. Decided to look into it on Google to see if there was a community for something like that. Ended up finding this site and have been following it ever since.

I decided to try out developing achievements in July 2018 and I have to say, it's about as addicting as actually earning them.

Primary Focus
While I enjoy games of all types and plan to develop achievements for all platforms and game types, I have a preference for developing sets for hidden gems/sleeper hits and fan translated/English-friendly Japanese-only releases. The reason for this is to encourage players to try out some of the games I deem to be underdogs. The most I can hope for is strengthened fan support for these games. Of course, I will occasionally break this rule with cheevos for requested games (see later posts) and "I can't believe no one has done this yet" games (such as Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones).

Secondary Focus
Database cleaning. If you've noticed the ~Z~ tags on certain entries in the database, yes, those are mostly my fault. The whole plan is to get all bad entries to the bottom of their lists and to reassign them to other games. As Luchaos said, it's a War on Dirty Data. I *have* made a couple mistakes here and there, but try to correct them ASAP.

Random
- I do almost all of my game badges using assets from the games. Assets are pulled from screenshots or spriters-resource. If there is text in a badge, it's safe to assume that I mix and matched letters using the game's in-game font. I also do these exclusively in MS Paint for some reason.

Current To-Do List
- Scan manuals for Megami Tensei I-II
- Finish MM2:TPF
- Finish Musya
- Finish Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
- Finish G.I. Joe
- Make a ridiculous meme set (Maybe Ninja Golf? Lawn Mower? Ninja Slappers?)
- Knock out the rest of the War on Dirty Data.
- Fix Shining Force II cheevos (Devember)
- Start using Aseprite for badge creation
- Create MSU-1 master list

televandalist
Posted: 07 Aug, 2018 15:17
Last Edit: 06 Dec, 2018 20:27
Sets I Have Worked On:

July 2018
- full set
- full set
- revision/additions
- full set

August 2018
- full set
- full set
- full set
- full set

September 2018
- full set
- full set

October 2018
- full set
- full set
- full set
- full set
- one achievement

November 2018
- resolved 10 outstanding tickets, added password protection
- added password protection to "collect fourth e-tank" cheevo
- resolved 11 outstanding tickets, adjusted 17 other achievements
- resolved 12 outstanding tickets
- Revision
- Full set
- Resolved 16 outstanding tickets
- Resolved 7 outstanding tickets

televandalist
Posted: 07 Aug, 2018 15:19
Last Edit: 12 Dec, 2018 05:15
Note: I have been very busy this month. This might be the first month (since obtaining dev status) that I don't get a whole lot done.

Active Development:

- Revision
- RALib seems to only work when it wants to with certain arcade games. Might take a bit.
- Taking longer than expected do to some difficulties tracking enemies in the memory

televandalist
Posted: 07 Aug, 2018 15:21
Last Edit: 05 Dec, 2018 21:55
Planning:

- I am taking my time with this one. Not only because it's a bit of an underdog that not many people will play, but to me it's one of the highlights of the Neo Geo Pocket Color library and I want to do it justice.
- might need to wait until there's multisession support. Also, I would like to make a full 400 point set for both games. This could be done by patching the game similar to how we patch bonus sets. I'll need to gauge interest in this as well as get approval from admin/staff.
- Info soon
- completely forgot about this until brought it up recently. Will most likely start up again soon and work with him on it.
- a fairly short game that I don't believe warrants a full set. I have not done much for this yet because I'd like to get as creative as possible so it's not just a progress-based bore.
- while PS1 is not yet supported, there are still ways to dig in the memory. I work on this when I can and will drop everything to work exclusively on it as support improves.
- see comment above.

televandalist
Last Edit: 08 Dec, 2018 09:39
Games I'm interested in working on (I'm by no means calling dibs, if you want to do one of these, more power to you! Seriously, it's probably impossible for me to eventually do all of these. Think of this list as a list of games I would like to see on RA, regardless if I do them or not):

PC Engine

PC Engine CD

NES

SNES

Nintendo 64

Game Boy/Game Boy Color

Game Boy Advance

Sega Master System

Sega Genesis

Sega Game Gear

Sega CD

Neo Geo Pocket Color

PlayStation

Arcade

televandalist
Last Edit: 03 Dec, 2018 21:36
Minor Contributions:

- Concept and Name. I said I thought it would be a funny name for an achievement in a group discussion of Discord. Didn't think it would actually make it into the set.

Will add more later.

televandalist
Last Edit: 07 Nov, 2018 15:48
reserved

televandalist
Posted: 07 Aug, 2018 15:31
Last Edit: 01 Dec, 2018 20:40
Site/Community Projects:

- The Sega Collection Redux can be found here.

- And one for Falcom games

- And a MSU-1 Master List

televandalist
Posted: 16 Aug, 2018 02:28
Last Edit: 04 Nov, 2018 12:20
Requests/Suggestions
- I have decided that in order to keep myself from being even more slammed and scatterbrained, I need to make some rules for this:
- Please do not request more than 20 games for me to choose from.
- I will only list up to five active requests per user that I will consider doing. As I mark them as completed, I may or may not add another one from the list.
- Please do not make additional request posts. If you want to make changes to your requests, please wait until your queue is finished and then edit your original post. Yes, I will see it. I make edits to this page almost daily.
- Please be patient with me. You will be the first to know when I begin actively developing a set you requested. You will be the first to know if there's significant progress. You will be the first to know when it's pushed to unofficial and core.
- Since my own set plans have priority, I cannot give an estimated date of completion for requests unless I have already begun working on the set. Please remember that the whole reason I am even open to requests is because sometimes I want to develop cheevos, but am dealing with roadblocks or I just plain don't know what to work on. This helps me stay busy as a developer.

-
- - done
-
-
-
-

- - in progress

-
-
-
-

rabbids4eva
Posted: 22 Sep, 2018 10:12
Last Edit: 22 Nov, 2018 15:13

rabbids4eva
Posted: 22 Sep, 2018 23:12

rabbids4eva
Posted: 29 Sep, 2018 13:04

rabbids4eva
Posted: 29 Sep, 2018 21:52
Last Edit: 22 Nov, 2018 15:14

Zaphnath
Posted: 11 Oct, 2018 21:47
this is gonna take years.

televandalist
Posted: 11 Oct, 2018 23:17
Last Edit: 11 Oct, 2018 23:31
Well it's probably impossible that I'll get to all of them. They're more or less games I want to have sets, whether I work on them or not.

And I'm holding back a ton of ps1 games since I can't add them to the database.

Not to mention all the consoles that aren't supported but are in the pipeline. Whew.

Either way, I just realized that I've been working kind of fast. 12 full sets and 1 partial since late July...
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account