Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 13 Mar, 2014 20:16 by

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

HippopotamusRex
Posted: 20 Mar, 2017 03:02
Saw this game didn't really have a topic yet, and the set was completed last week.

It's got a few bugs in it with the boss ones and some item ones, but if you've never heard of this game definitely check it out. It's really cool. Like a combination of a beat em up + Zelda + a traditional JRPG.

soulrider25
Posted: 20 Mar, 2017 03:58
Yeah this game is really fun, despite all the ripping off it does.

popoki
Posted: 20 Mar, 2017 14:20
Even if it combines some established concepts of the time, I'm not sure i'd say it's much of a "rip off" at all considering I can't think of a single other RPG/beat 'em up hybrid in all of gaming unless you count some modern stuff like Darksiders or Dungeon Fighter Online or something. It's a childhood favorite that I never finished and I can't wait to get around to doing its set on RA.

Also it's the sequel to a terrible, bizarre, ultra-clunky early SNES RPG called Drakkhen. Luckily the only thing they brought over from that was the charmingly dated ultra-early-3d overworld map system.

HippopotamusRex
Posted: 21 Mar, 2017 06:04
I remember how bizarre Drakkhen was. Between giant disembodied laser dog heads on tombstones and constellations that drop down on the overworld to kill you... at some point that game just decided to stop caring.

Yeah this sequel is way better. The low point of Drakkhen for me was walking into the desert, immediately encountering some furry lion human thing. It waved jazz hands at the screen and went "hey hey hey" and my equipment broke and I died.

This game is so much better. Its also not a giant acid trip

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account