Scheduled server maintenance (est. 1 hour) on Monday, 16 July 2018, 15:00:00 (UTC time)
Note: This will be a server move. V2 will be released at a later date.
Forgot password?
login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

~Hack~ Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds, The (Version 1.23 only)

AuthorMessage

Mutawarrior
Posted: 11 Jul, 2018 23:30
Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 11 Jul, 2018 23:30 by

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Mutawarrior
Posted: 11 Jul, 2018 23:32
I will be creating a set for the 1.23 version of this hack in the future. In the meantime, do not link any other rom whatsoever to the set with the achievements which is only for versions 1.0 & 1.1!!!

JAM
Posted: 12 Jul, 2018 00:44
Last Edit: 12 Jul, 2018 00:45
What you just should do (a lot time ago) is to provide a patch to unheadered version or ROM link to 1.1 and fix the stuff that isn't working right by yourself instead of being butthurt and yelling "use 1.1 I said and search for it yourself" all the time.

Issues are:
1. No savepoint in 1st dungeon. If you die, you'll lose everything. Not a good start for a hard hack.
2. Corrupted intro pic.
3. That thing with boomerang (if you got blue too early you can't get red).

Then 1.1 be at least playable. I can help a little if you want. Hack is created somehow so there must be a tool.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 12 Jul, 2018 11:13
Last Edit: 12 Jul, 2018 11:17
I provided a link to where the 1.1 patch can be found in the forum & on the game wall. I don't know what unheadered means. Also, #1 & #3 are not issues, they are part of the game. The game is meant to be hard and I wanted people to play the game as the developers of the hack intended us to play it. I specifically linked the later released Remodel version of the game as its own entry because I did not want it linked to the set with the achievements. The achievements were made with the difficulty of versions 1.0 & 1.1 in mind and the points were allocated specifically based on that. The game is supposed to be hard and the people who want to play it for the achievements need to understand that or play something else. It's like complaining about a Kaizo Mario hack's difficulty.

I don't want any help, I just want people to respect & have some damn consideration of my intentions when I made the set like every other dev of an achievement set is given. I have already many times regretted ever making the set with the aggravation I got from all the linking to roms I did not want linked back when any user was able to link them. I'm not getting into that again because it's just going to get me mad. In fact, just yesterday I found version 1.23 linked YET AGAIN to the set with the achievements after all hashes but 3 were unlinked by caricatur after he helped me and it was made clear not to link any other version.

Anyway moving past old arguments, I patched myself a copy of 1.23 and will be taking a look at it in the future. My controller is having issues and keeps disconnecting (probably has a short inside) so when I get a new one (can't afford one until I'm employed again) I can do a proper playthrough of that version and see what I can do about making set since once it disconnects, the RASNES9x emulator doesn't recognize it until I exit & restart it unlike RAVBA and some other emulators where it still recognizes the controller after a disconnect & reconnect.

BenGhazi
Posted: 12 Jul, 2018 12:22
Last Edit: 12 Jul, 2018 12:25
"Also, #1 & #3 are not issues"

I'll agree with you on #1 but you don't see any issue with forcing players to get the blue boomerang for an achievement which locks them out of not 1, but 2 other achievements? That's not difficulty, that's just poor design, from both you and the hack creators. It's also an issue that's completely fixed in the newest release so I don't see why you're fighting this so much.

"I don't want any help, I just want people to respect & have some damn consideration of my intentions when I made the set like every other dev of an achievement set is given."

This is not your set, when you upload it you're giving it over to the community to be reviewed and reworked as needed, adding hack revisions is just another part of that.

"It's like complaining about a Kaizo Mario hack's difficulty."

No, this is more akin to complaining that you won't link a version of Kaizo Mario that fixes a bunch of bugs and glitches, or that you won't link the translated version using a reason like "The game designers made this hack with the intention of playing in Japanese."

"I can do a proper playthrough of that version and see what I can do about making set since once it disconnects"

That won't be necessary, I already confirmed that version 1.23 is 100% compatible with the set you made and I see no reason to make a completely seperate set for essentially the same game unless you plan on making a bonus set, which judging by the ~hack~ prefix isn't the case. Don't add anymore garbage game entries to the database, we have enough of those as it is without you making 4 different Parallel Worlds entries.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 12 Jul, 2018 14:13
Well as the creator of the set, I want it for the version of the game I made it for. It's bullshit if people start linking other versions that the set and the points were not intended for. I don't do that to other people's sets and I don't expect it being done to mine. The set I made was specifically made for the revision that I used when making it. There was no 1.23 and if there was, I still would have made it using 1.1 because that's the one whose difficulty I wanted to make it for. I specifically linked other versions of the game, such as the remodel, to its own game entry. And until I made the set, I didn't see anyone else caring enough to make a set for the game. If people want to add easier revisions, they should make a new set for those revisions. I'm not getting into this again and the discussion is closed. I not only found the Parallel Remodel, which is a drastic remodeling of Parallel Worlds to make it MUCH easier and a hack done by other devs, linked to the set I made but I also found regular ALttP roms linked to it. If people are going to make a mockery of my work & those of others with such blatant disregard and cheating, then you better believe it will result in RA losing more devs in the future because friends of mine who made achievements already left just for the cheating alone. I spoke to admins on the site and they're in agreement with me on this. If a set is made for a specific version of a hack and the points for the set were allocated for that version, then consideration must be given to that. If not, then it' just complete chaos.

Regarding the boomerang thing, there's a pretty simple way around that. Before getting the blue boomerang, the user can save & quit the game and copy the file and continue one playthrough with the blue boomerang and then do another one skipping the blue one and getting the magical one later on. I don't see any such complaints in other Zelda achievement sets that require multiple playthroughs to 100%, such as the OoT set which requires a 3 Heart playthrough and a regular playthrough.

There are currently 2 Parallel Worlds entries, the 1.0/1.1 set and the 1.23 that I added. If there are any more garbage ones, they are the result of me trying to relink the proper hashes to my set (which as of lately just create new entries instead of linking it to the existing entry) or others linking whatever sets they wanted back when anyone could link anything, which I had huge problems with and was something that started during my hiatus from RA. If I make a set for 1.23, it will be just to prevent any more abuse to my 1.1 set. If someone wants to do a set for the Remodel, which is much easier but also a different game in many ways, they are welcome to, but I'm not interested in making one for it. Like I told javisaur in a PM I sent him, there's a chance I may end up linking the 1.23 rom, but before I do that I have to fully play through 1.23 and see what I think about it.

Regardless, this is an issue I'm not getting into anymore with anyone else. Every time someone brings this up, my aggravation levels get high and I have no desire to get pissed off with all the problems I'm currently dealing with in life. The admins I spoke to understood my disgust when I brought up the atrocity of roms I found linked and agreed with what I had to say.

BenGhazi
Posted: 12 Jul, 2018 22:42
"It's bullshit if people start linking other versions that the set and the points were not intended for."

It's bullshit to play a version of the game that removes many of the bugs in the original release?

"such as the remodel, to its own game entry. And until I made the set, I didn't see anyone else caring enough to make a set for the game."

You keep bringing that up despite nobody making the argument it should be added, try to stay on topic.

" I not only found the Parallel Remodel, which is a drastic remodeling of Parallel Worlds to make it MUCH easier and a hack done by other devs, linked to the set I made but I also found regular ALttP roms linked to it."

Again, nobody's saying Parallel Remodel should be added, or even the regular LttP, we're saying to add the most updated version of the hack to a set made for that same hack.

" I don't see any such complaints in other Zelda achievement sets that require multiple playthroughs to 100%, such as the OoT set which requires a 3 Heart playthrough and a regular playthrough."

Incredibly poor example, OoT can be mastered in 1 playthrough. You're asking for 2 playthroughs of the same game at minimum, with another full playthrough being added everytime the user misses out on a missable item because of poor coding.

"there's a chance I may end up linking the 1.23 rom, but before I do that I have to fully play through 1.23 and see what I think about it. "

Unbelievable, you're this adamant against a version of the game you haven't even played... Why don't you look at the readme and see how many changes actually affect the difficulty and how many are new features (Like MSU-1 support) or bugfixes and then ask yourself, "What part of any of this warrants a brand new set to be made?"

Mutawarrior
Posted: 12 Jul, 2018 23:07
Maybe OoT does take 1 playthrough to master (I'm not sure, I could've sworn I did 3 to master it) but many games on this site require multiple playthroughs to master, so that's not an issue.

My main point is, let me play 1.23 and see for myself. If I find it close enough, I will go ahead, link the rom and will make any necessary changes myself and notify everyone in the proper thread(s) in the forum & on the game wall.

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account