login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

PC Engine retroachieves with Retropie

AuthorMessage

Lashtal
Posted: 03 Jul, 2018 23:24
Last Edit: 04 Jul, 2018 01:19
So have anyone gotten it to work? and if so how was it done?
thanks in advance

caricatur
Posted: 05 Jul, 2018 22:31
Not sure about the question. Cheevos should work with PC engine/anything else on Retroarch/Retropie.

AS long as you have achievements enabled. If you're talking about CD games, you need to patch the system card with the patch in the forum thread and/or use a certain version of the game with the proper cur/bin files.

What issues are you facing? We'll need a bit more info to help.

Lashtal
Posted: 07 Jul, 2018 05:50
The only game I am interested in earning achievements in, in this case is Rondo of blood which is a CD game as you are saying and I did patch the system card. the problem is that it does'nt activate the achievements unless you load the system card as content. When you do that it will say that I have logged in and that I have 0 achevements in the game. So where do I go from that? because if I try to load rondo of blood as content it resets autamically. and if I dont load the system card as content it wont activate the achievements even if I have the patched system card in the BIOS folder.
So where can I find any info on the proper bin/cue file? if that is the problem I would assume that you need to rip the CD in some other program than the one I used to rip my CD. I am pretty sure that this is not the problem however as it would'nt matter which ever version of rip you are using as the achievements are dependent on the system card itself and not the actual game.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account