User: 
Pass: 

Achievement Of the Week #5

Page: 1 2 >
AuthorMessage

StingX2
Posted: 11 Mar, 2014 00:21
Will be out of town until monday afternoon so I will update then

Each week a new achievement will be chosen. Some weeks we will do achievements on obscure underplayed games and other weeks the challenge will be the hardest in that game's entire set.

If you can get the achievement you win 1 point towards the just for fun leaderboard, 2 for earning it on hardcore! (You Also must earn it in this week to get the point)

Scott: "Can I add - if you already have this achievement and want to enter the competition, please visit your settings page (www.retroachievements.org/controlpanel.php) and remove the achievement from your account first. You will find the option to remove individual achievements from your account under "reset game progress", first pick the game (Metroid II), then the achievement ('Im Ready for the 4th of July'). This will allow you to re-earn the achievement this week! Good luck all!" (Although no one earned this)

This Week's Achievement: Im Ready for the 4th of July, by Dude1286

Current Leaderboard
Philintheblanks: 10
dude1286: 10
RyanRJ: 10
STHX: 10
popoki: 10
SexyChazz: 10
yoyo: 8
cirellio: 8
fluttershy: 6
TrainerAbu: 5
AxelNL: 4
Mctavish: 4
Rhadamanthys: 4
Coczero: 4
rdannylor: 4
jackolantern: 4
UNHchabo: 4
Scott: 2
Astrophil: 2
rubixcube: 2
Fernandes: 2
JonnyRetro: 2
MK2k: 2
msdmario: 2
StingX2: 1

#1 Kirby Victors: Philintheblanks, rdannylor, Mctavish, Astrophil, SexyChazz, Rhadamanthys, AxelNL, rubixcube, Fernandes, STHX, dude1286, RyanRJ, popoki, JonnyRetro, TrainerAbu, jackolantern, Coczero, Scott

#2 Ducktales Victors: Philintheblanks, AxelNL, Mctavish, SexyChazz, RyanRJ, popoki, Rhadamanthys, Coczero, dude1286, STHX, rdannylor, yoyo, TrainerAbu, cirellio, Fluttershy,

#3 Mickey Victors: Philintheblanks, RyanRJ, STHX, SexyChazz, dude1286, popoki, MK2K, cirellio, fluttershy, yoyo, TrainerAbu (normal)

#4 Star Fox: cirellio, yoyo, RyanRJ, STHX, jackolantern, dude1286, Philinthebanks, UNHchabo, Sexychazz, popoki

#5 Metroid 2: yoyo, Philinthebanks, StingX2, dude1286, RyanRJ, STHX, popoki, fluttershy, msdmario, sexychazz, unchabo, cirellio

PhilInTheBlanks
Posted: 11 Mar, 2014 00:45
Good timing! I just beat the original Metroid! Might as well move on to this one!

popoki
Posted: 11 Mar, 2014 01:22
Haha but wouldn't this have been an ideal one for the first week in July? Either way, gives me a good excuse to play through Metroid 2 for the second time in my life, and for once it's just a 'play the game and collect stuff' one instead of a high-skill one that might get frustrating to do in a tight time limit, so that's cool!

yoyo
Posted: 11 Mar, 2014 02:39
been on a metroid kick lately, this is perfect.

yoyo
Posted: 11 Mar, 2014 09:44
aaand just got it on hardcore. time to work on finishing up the game.

PhilInTheBlanks
Posted: 11 Mar, 2014 15:52
Alright, so I jsut got it on hardcore, but it doesn't pop when you have 250 Missiles. So, I checked what causes the achivement to activate and it popped when I had exactly 232 missiles. Regardless, I got all the missile expansions.

EDIT: weird, none of the game complete achievements are working either

dude1286
Posted: 12 Mar, 2014 17:50
Developer of the cheevo has gotten it on hardcore.

RyanRJ
Posted: 12 Mar, 2014 19:29
I've beaten the challenge!

Then I went on to beat the queen and the game in 2 hours, and haven't gotten the last 5 achievements (beating queen, the game, and under 3/5/9 hours)

i'll beat the queen again later and see what happens

edit: Noticed my emulator hadn't loaded up the achievement set when I went to finish the game off, so that's why I didn't get them. Decided to just finish 'er off again and got them, so all is well :)

STHX
Posted: 12 Mar, 2014 19:30
And another hardcore achievement goes down.

popoki
Posted: 13 Mar, 2014 17:24
grabbed on hardcore. Yeah you don't get this when you actually have 250 missile capacity, you have to actually fill it up so that you're carrying 250 at once to unlock it.

Fluttershy
Posted: 13 Mar, 2014 20:20
Got in on hardcore! :D

msdmario
Posted: 13 Mar, 2014 21:00
I got the achievement on hardcore a couple of days ago. I almost forgot to post here though.

StingX2
Posted: 14 Mar, 2014 14:04
I got it on normal a few days ago :)

cirellio
Posted: 15 Mar, 2014 14:10
Got it on hardcore. You know, the further into this game you get, the better it gets.

UNHchabo
Posted: 15 Mar, 2014 22:40
Got it! This is only the second Metroid game I've ever played; I played a ton of Super Metroid as a kid, but haven't played any other title in the series before.
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account