login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

Cheaters

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
AuthorMessage

MagusPC
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 10:17
We all want everyone to have a good time on RA and nobody wants anyone to be banned or anything, but because of how the Site is structured around the competitive aspect due to the Global Leaderboards we have no other choice but 'Untrack' certain Community Members. Its not a ban, the 'Untracked' Members can still play and earn Achievements and have good time in the Community.

I recommend to report the Cheevos that trigger at wrong time and help the Community to improve instead of abusing it to the fullest. However if a Cheevo doesn't pops up then contact us and you may get a manual unlock if the evidence is there.

Every Member leaves information about the way he earns Cheevos so we can see if someone does it on purpose or did it by accident. It ain't easy because of everything being open on RA but we do our best to keep the Community healthy.

SyrianBallaS
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 11:23
Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2018 12:01
This thread is hilarious. My internet is kinda bad (cheevs trigger but don't register) and the emus unexpectedly crash on me so haven't been that active lately and been sticking to PC games.

Well this is how I earned achievements (I didn't complete a lot of sets) play casually, then go for challenge. Kind of like a New Game+. The last time I was extremely active here was in 2016/17 (not totally sure). My save getting corrupted for from RAVBA crashing pissed me off to high hell (used a different account because there wasn't a password reset feature at that time). Every RA emulator crashes on me for reasons that are too technical too explain here, but basically because of memory leaks, access violations, and deadlocks.

My internet literally cut off on me while editing this post.

Edit: The Non-RA versions of the emulators never crash on me.
I honestly don't give a shit about anyone else here (cheaters) as long as I'm having fun. I used to live stream all the time, but don't have the energy do that no more. lmao, I was probably ranting a little too much how my internet kept on getting cut off in my streams. You can see lots of videos of me playing difficult games and (sometimes) beating them. I say sometimes because crazy crap forced me to reinstall Windows too many damn times.

ikki5
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 11:42
Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2018 11:42
"I am pretty amazed by how many people and even admins would stand for DonCosmo with this much evidence. "

Well ... seeing how no evidence has actually been posted here, unless you were one to have the evidence that isn't posted here, there is no reason to think someone is a cheater. I personally don't believe in the guilty until proven innocent mentality.

BerserkerBR
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 13:44
No evidence?

http://retroachievements.org/viewtopic.php?t=2860&o=30

Also Kdecks was even explaining to you in discord how much evidence has already stacked

Mutawarrior
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 13:54
I'm sure the hardest of the Nightmare on Elm Street achievements were unlocked by cheating, including running movies, which me & many others I know who left RA said should be removed from all RA emulators and should've never ever been allowed, and doing things like this boss rush skip:

There's no way I believe achievements like beat the game without dying, beat the game without Dream Warrior powers, beat the boss rush damageless and some others can be gotten. I've been playing this game since 1990 and I've been trying to do these on console which doesn't have the extremely laggy controls that the RA emulators have and I just can't get them. The best I did was get a 1cc on console.

It pisses me off that I'll never get the badge for a game I know so well and have been playing for so long because I won't stoop to cheating.

BerserkerBR
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 13:57
Discord

kdecks - Ontem às 20:44
There is plenty of questionable evidence against cosmo
well, a lot of the "questionable" stuff he's erased
multiple times he's come to me asking me to delete leaderboard score
and there are times he's run games at a near world record, on a first attempt
also the cv cheeve in question, using a trainer rom to play though a set
meaning he probably uses trainers for other games when he can
or has

ikki5
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 14:20
Thank you for actually providing something that shows something is quite fishy, it just bothers me when people spout "evidence" and then I never see it though others will say they saw it. And as for the Discord, I missed that part there and I remember seeing something about someone seeing evidence but Don would remove it so I made the suggestion that if people see the evidence, screenshot it so it won't matter if he removes it or not.

Salsa
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 16:50
Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2018 18:01
@Mutawarrior This set is one big trap for cheaters, and it's obvious. I played this game a lot myself, and especially one moment in the game is huge RNG based moment, which denies the possibility of earning (you know what I mean) if taken with a lot of smaller ones and no possibility to regain the energy. But I will redesign the list to be uproachable, I can promise you that. I'm sorry for everyone, who is pissed off because they couldn't earn the badge there honestly. When I joined RA, I was very excited I can play games I love and earn achievements and points. That excitement quickly left me when I've noticed a lot of people cheat... and I cheated myself, mastering the ridiculous set for Urban Champion... Here for example , everyone who got it cheated, because at that point the CPU is reading your moves, before they are executed, and not losing a life till this moment is impossible. I thought I will make a set, which is possible to do only in softcore, but then I started to think softcore is very much spoiling factor, and should be gone completely.
(finishing the game without using the dream warrior powers) is very much possible to do (I've done it myself long ago playing on the actual hardware), but it's very hard, especially... that one moment again.
I knew the boss rush could be skipped, that's why I left that achievement there, as kind of a tease.
When I will make revision for this set, the deathless challenge will be split and part of it will be transfered to Bonus, along with The Dream Master. Boss rush will be protected from this skip glitch, and transfered to bonus or removed.
But again those two achievements I've commented are impossible for human being to be done, because it's like winning a lottery. I used the picture of character as angel for "Dream Child", also because you need to be a supernatural being to do it without cheating in hardcore. This legendary boxer achievement is even more mercyless, played for hours before I got it... in softcore. I thought I sacroficed this mastery to Pumpkin King ;p

Mutawarrior
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 17:11
Thanks for the clarification. I guess I may try getting the ones I haven't gotten again after the set is revised. There is an insomniac achievement (I think the one in Freddy's house) that I could never get because by the time I make it to the coffee my character falls asleep but that one is probably possible using a trick or just moving a lot and not taking any hits.

kdecks
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 17:53
I also said that's it's possible the evidence is circumstantial. Last time it was discussed as admin we voted to not untrack cosmo. It's not to say that can't change, as for anyone.

Showing proof of skill via streaming or vids could help a lot.

One person I've never seen any evidence against is MaxMilion, and yet some here are saying he's a cheat.

BerserkerBR
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 18:21
And you also said that he is your close friend

kdecks - Ontem às 21:00
cosmo is a very cool guy. I hate the talk any shit on him
it's unfortunate, but I did review a lot of "evidence" against him, more than anyone, I think.

As seens to be the situation of close relationship between some admin and notorious cheaters as Matheus2653 exposed.

http://retroachievements.org/viewtopic.php?t=6779&c=33901

So voting between friends ends like this: cheaters got away with it, less credibility to site, less Money from patreon, less developers inspired to work on sets that are gonna be cheated anyway and so on

kdecks
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 19:12
Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2018 19:13
Every person comes in with different biases, opinions, views on the evidence that they've reviewed. Which is why we occasionally have admin votes on such issues, trusting that the group will make the best decision, or a better decision than one taking matters into their own hands.

I'll ask you to stop trying to hold Patreon money as some sort of leverage, no one gets special treatment for being a patron besides the patron awards.

kdecks
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 19:12
Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2018 19:12
-

amine456
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 19:48
Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2018 19:49
About those leaderboards that you erased for DonCosmo, what was wrong with them ?

kdecks
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 19:57
Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2018 19:58
I didn't see anything wrong with them. He may have just not liked having the score there. Like most everything, there's a possible explanation or justification.

It's not as obvious here as someone who unlocks a whole set in 5 minutes, etc
Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account