login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Cheaters

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
AuthorMessage

kdecks
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 01:02
@ikki5 I'm saying it would be a showcase of his skills. I'm not saying that it's proof of cheating.

kdecks
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 01:02
Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2018 01:02
-

ikki5
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 01:13
But... Wouldn't that be the same thing at this point? XD

kdecks
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 01:19
Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2018 01:20
No.

vs.

The difference is cosmo failed 7 times and this guy failed possibly hundred of times.

If cosmo is this consistent surely he's be entertaining to watch.

jplima
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 02:21
Yeah That's what I mean, I'm not talking about only one video, but if a guy is good at this point, he possible has some kind of super skills and maybe this would attract a legion of fans.

ilikepie345
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 02:31
How the fuck do you know if Cosmo just doesn't have insane muscle memory? There's achievements for doing things in the game without taking damage. Who the fucks to say Cosmo didn't take several tries doing those?

There is next to no RNG whatsoever in Megaman. If you play the same way every time, you get the same results. Cosmo studied many playthroughs in order to understand where everything is, what everything does and all of that.

Your "evidence" that he cheated is vague at best.

kdecks
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 02:33
Didn't say that was evidence of cheating.

jplima
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 02:33
Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2018 02:45
For example: see this user , he got a channel on Youtube with 600K subscribers and 10-20k views per video, this means if his videos are monetized maybe he earns a good amount of money because a dolar here in Brazil worth more than 3 times, because we use Real R$ here. 1 dolar = 3,70 reais.

His channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyZPowdAaY-rOf0_S7RBlrA/featured

Just a thought, I'm not saying he actually earns that amount of money.

Unfortunately, he left RA, and I don't know why.

ilikepie345
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 02:41
If you weren't accusing him of cheating for Mr. Perfect, why was it even brought up? What's even the point of him showing that he can do it? How does that disprove that he cheated in other games exactly?

kdecks
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 02:51
If he's capable of doing such without so much effort then it would make a lot other criticisms against him seem much easier to explain.

It's a good place to start to show that's he's the legit best player on the site. Doing that and/or streaming would help validate that he's legitimate, silencing criticism.

JAM
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 03:04
Of course if someone shows me how to do X I'll do it in few tries maybe. If you don't know what to do, yes, hundred of times.

Shikamaru91
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 03:52
Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2018 03:53
Proof that is human, his comment on Kappa

OT: It would be awesome if there wasn't any way to cheat on RA but it probably won't ever happen.
Untracking users who are cheaters is good to make happy people who cares about their rankings but if someone really wants to cheat, they can always come back with a new account and do it again.
Cheaters are like trolls, they want attention so just ignore them if you can't prove they are.

I understand people taking time to find evidences someone cheated (I did it on X360) but whatever the result is, it's kinda a timewaste when you could have actually played games and even if you get someone banned it's not that satifying.
I would prefer if Admins/Devs/Users use this time to improve existing sets or find ideas to improve the site/emulators.

By the way, what is considered cheating?
Glitch achievements aren't allowed in standard sets so does it mean using a glitch to get a cheevo is cheating?
Like Blazekickn, I cheated on Pokemon G/S/C because I used an in-game glitch to clone Masterball to catch roaming dogs when other people did it the hard way.

jplima
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 04:07
I agree with . Why do we fight if we can play instead?

mickyt888
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 04:13
We can limit cheating but definitely not complete stop it. Look at PS4. I know on PS4 you can still use cheat devices to earn achievements and for using cheats. Sony constantly update and stop it working but the developers of the cheat device get it working after each update regardless.

BerserkerBR
Posted: 14 Jun, 2018 07:03
I am pretty amazed by how many people and even admins would stand for DonCosmo with this much evidence.

The point is (and that many admins seen to have nor grasp it) that there are many people that put their Money and free time to keep the site up so you could have this discussion.

Otherwise, the site would be long gone because you wouldnt have the bandwich to keep things up like that (remember that almost every sunday night the site was off-line because of the lack of bandwich).

This "incident" has showed what are the true colors of some the admins here and so far it has cost you at least one patron and maybe a handfull of good devs.

If you guys dont care, keep doing what you are doing
Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account