login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

Atari 2600 Games - New Additions

AuthorMessage

zorkiii
Posted: 13 May, 2018 18:34
Last Edit: 13 May, 2018 21:44
Hi All, I am a longtime Atari 2600 gamer and would love to see more titles added. I am seeing there are currently only 8 games listed: http://retroachievements.org/gameList.php?c=25

My main interest is in score achievements on several common games, and a few homebrews. I'm seeing pages on how to get started as a developer to create achievements, but have a few questions.

1. Does the game title need to exist on the RA site before any achievements can be created/added?
2. If yes, how is this done?

Appreciate any input.

Shikamaru91
Posted: 13 May, 2018 21:52
Last Edit: 13 May, 2018 21:53
Hi, there has been other platform supported like Arcade which is getting more attention than 2600 where games are pretty simple so hard to come with cheevos ideas or just people not interested in it.

Yes, a game needs to have a gamepage for someone to create achievements/leaderboards; only devs/admins can add new ones but you can request them here on forum or better on discord.

Btw if your main interest is score, you can create only 1 or more leaderboards without the need to have cheevos too :)

zorkiii
Posted: 14 May, 2018 14:37
Last Edit: 14 May, 2018 15:05
Hi Shikamaru91, thank you for the input!

Yes the primary interest would be tracking scores, so I believe right now only leaderboard would be needed.

There are so many games that could be added, but if I had to pick some of my personal top ones:

Pitfall II
H.E.R.O.
Montezuma's Revenge
Kaboom!
River Raid
Stay Frosty / Stay Frosty 2

The above are definitely in the top 10-20 games of all time in several lists. The following below are also great score based games to be added:

Yar's Revenge
Beamrider
Berzerk
Turmoil
Demon Attack
Seaquest
Enduro
Taz
Pressure Cooker
Solaris
Thrust+
Juno First
Asteroids
Space Invaders
Pac-Man
Ms. Pac-Man
Centipede

Is there anything I can do to help to get these added? Or should this be posted to another sub-forum?

cosmo1
Posted: 14 May, 2018 16:40
Turmoil, I love Turmoil!

monkeytoung
Posted: 15 May, 2018 08:05
Last Edit: 15 May, 2018 09:12
I could easily make a decent achievements list for et atari nothing hard it is. Simple game.

1 achivement for each piece of the phone, beat the game, beat the game and not get captured, beat game in 30 minutes and not get captured, beat the game without loosing all your energy. Trying to beat the game without loosing your energy or getting captured with 30 minutes at least adds some sort of challenge. Not complex game but it's easy to make achievements for 2600 games just not the most complex for most games.

Pac man and mis pac man just base them off existing list same goes for any namco Atari games.

Star wars empire strikes back just make it a points based achievements set as there little more you can do it with it. Just make it get so many points without taking damage or touching the ground detroy so many empirial walkers without taking damage or touching the ground.

Star wars arcade game beat the game without taking any damage, beat the game, destroy x amount of tie fighters , get so much points without taking damage ect..

Star wars Jedi arina get so many points or so many points without opponnent getting any points there nothing ells to the game.

Star wars return of the Jedi deathstar beat the game in 5 minutes taking no damage, destory so many tie fighters, get so many points, destroy all piece of the death star ect..

Do frickin Porky's get all items, beat the game, beat the game without being captured/ dieing, build the latter ect...

Video chess would be a cool addition as well Win a game, causes a stail mate meaning only the 2 kings are left, win without loosing your starting queen, do an empasaunt move how ever it's spelled, get the pawn to the other side and get a new piece, win a game with only the king and queen left, kill appointments queen with a pawn, knight the king, most people are gonna want another queen so these 3 make perfect sense havee 3 bishops, have 3 knights, have 3 rooks, check opponnents king within 5 moves, win a game without using the queen to check mate the king, cause a check mate where your king is part of the check mate, win 5 games in a hour. Some atari games like video chess can make for a very complex list.

zorkiii
Posted: 15 May, 2018 13:19
What would be the next steps for creating entries for new Atari 2600 games, so some leaderboards can be created? I am interested in assisting but new to RA and could use some direction. Thanks.

DonCosmo
Posted: 15 May, 2018 21:08
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Halloween would be good fits. Looking forward to Pressure Cooker.

Spawncalibur
Posted: 16 May, 2018 06:26
Im going to look into this. New to it as well but going to give it a go. Ill test a what seems to be a easy game to start with like Space Invaders.

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account