login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

Achievement of the Week Challenge #4

Page: 1 2 >
AuthorMessage

StingX2
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 02:03
Each week a new achievement will be chosen. Some weeks we will do achievements on obscure underplayed games and other weeks the challenge will be the hardest in that game's entire set.

If you can get the achievement you win 1 point towards the just for fun leaderboard, 2 for earning it on hardcore! (You Also must earn it in this week to get the point)

Scott: "Can I add - if you already have this achievement and want to enter the competition, please visit your settings page (www.retroachievements.org/controlpanel.php) and remove the achievement from your account first. You will find the option to remove individual achievements from your account under "reset game progress", first pick the game (Star Fox), then the achievement ('Perfect Run'). This will allow you to re-earn the achievement this week! Good luck all!"

This Week's Achievement: Perfect Run, Star Fox (Achievement by cirellio)

Current Leaderboard
RyanRJ: 8
STHX: 8
dude1286: 8
Philintheblanks: 8
SexyChazz: 8
popoki: 8
yoyo: 6
cirellio: 6
TrainerAbu: 5
AxelNL: 4
Mctavish: 4
Rhadamanthys: 4
Coczero: 4
rdannylor: 4
fluttershy: 4
jackolantern: 4
Scott: 2
Astrophil: 2
rubixcube: 2
Fernandes: 2
JonnyRetro: 2
MK2k: 2
UNHchabo: 2

#1 Kirby Victors: Philintheblanks, rdannylor, Mctavish, Astrophil, SexyChazz, Rhadamanthys, AxelNL, rubixcube, Fernandes, STHX, dude1286, RyanRJ, popoki, JonnyRetro, TrainerAbu, jackolantern, Coczero, Scott

#2 Ducktales Victors: Philintheblanks, AxelNL, Mctavish, SexyChazz, RyanRJ, popoki, Rhadamanthys, Coczero, dude1286, STHX, rdannylor, yoyo, TrainerAbu, cirellio, Fluttershy,

#3 Mickey Victors: Philintheblanks, RyanRJ, STHX, SexyChazz, dude1286, popoki, MK2K, cirellio, fluttershy, yoyo, TrainerAbu (normal)

#4 Star Fox: cirellio, yoyo, RyanRJ, STHX, jackolantern, dude1286, Philinthebanks, UNHchabo, Sexychazz, popoki

Brian
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 02:08
Idea: 0.5 bonus points for the first three people per week that get the achievement.
Because a twist needs to be thrown in for score.
For fairness: This does not apply for previous weeks.

RyanRJ
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 02:20
I don't really like that, because they're hard enough to accomplish already. I like being able to play at my own pace instead of racing to be the first.

Brian
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 02:24
I think it creates more motivation and a better scoreboard.

yoyo
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 03:06
just got it on hardcore.

cirellio
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 03:53
got it on hardcore, thanks :D

cirellio
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 03:55
If we're really looking for tie-breakers, we can have a leaderboard of the week, and the top 5 people on the list at the end of the week get .5 more points or something?

StingX2
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 04:18
I don't really see the need for tiebreakers because what if users only play on the weekend and don't see this til friday? We are naturally having the board spread out

cirellio
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 04:25
(I agree.)

STHX
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 13:31
Another hardcore for me.
What a game this is. Can't believe a SNES could play a game like Star Fox.

jackolantern
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 16:49
Put me down for a deuce. Hard cored it baby.

cirellio
Posted: 04 Mar, 2014 18:31
Grats to everyone who's gotten it so far!

"What a game this is. Can't believe a SNES could play a game like Star Fox."
I know right? And it came out at a time when people were still forking over five dollars per play on Virtual Reality machines.

dude1286
Posted: 05 Mar, 2014 01:49
Just got it on hardcore, easiest one so far.

PhilInTheBlanks
Posted: 05 Mar, 2014 04:22
Just did it. Hardcore. I was surprised that I was able to do it without too, too much trouble.

UNHchabo
Posted: 05 Mar, 2014 09:21
The Asteroid Belt is the real trouble-spot; I managed to get 98% on it, so I knew the rest of the run would be fine.

... and then the Meteor boss took one of my wings. :|

I still managed to come back and get the plasma blasters in time for the Andross fight, but it meant that the Venom Surface fight was much harder. I'd forgotten that he could flick his foot at you!
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account