Posted: 22 Apr, 2018 03:29
Last Edit: 22 Apr, 2018 03:29
Recreated game topic.

I've changed the cheevo icon from

to

It has the wrong icon, similar to

Yiiaz
Posted: 11 Jun, 2018 05:53
Do I need to beat every enemy with the character of the achievement, or only the final boss?

Yiiaz
Do I need to beat every enemy with the character of the achievement, or only the final boss?

Yiiaz

JAM
Posted: 11 Jul, 2018 03:50
I'll recode the cheevos in near future, so the answers is yes.

JAM
Posted: 16 Jul, 2018 03:52
Last Edit: 21 Mar, 2019 02:42
Big revision is planned as the set is very buggy. Enjoy getting free points while you can (you'll still have 20% of them after revision).

Teaser icons (row 1):

Row 2:

Row 3:

More better badges: (screened using modified arcade UMK3 with 1152x8xx resolution and 8x7 screen wide option)

_HELLO_

Edit: playing with badges
(Hint: cheevos for each item will be)

JAM
Posted: 31 Jul, 2018 07:35
Last Edit: 23 Sep, 2018 03:15
90% of cheevos are just free points so I'm planning a revision.
1. Demote all finish game by X character cheevos (as it's just free points. Play and you'll know why). But points will not be cut to zero if you got them.
2. Recreate all finish the game by X character cheevos from scratch with max protection (normal or higher difficulty).
3. Add clear the tower cheevos on very hard difficulty (see unofficial).
4. Add easter eggs and more cheevos.

Ideas:
*5 wins vs CPU without lose,
+Flawless victory in any round vs CPU.
+Beat the game in Switcheroo mode.
+Enter the cheat code (1-2 points for each menu).
*Beat galaxian mini-game.
*Reach endurance battle playing as Shang Tsung using all morps without losing credite.
+Use Mercy move vs CPU 3 times and win.
+[Secret] (see unofficial).

Legend:
*: to do
+: done

Unused badges:

Estimated date: Aug, 20th end of september.

Evilman
Posted: 27 Sep, 2018 20:43
Last Edit: 27 Sep, 2018 21:03
I've been a huge MK fan for decades and if I should add my two cents on new and reworked cheevos...

Don't make them restricted to the basic 5 credits the game offers. The AI in this game is the very same as it was on the arcade and is made to tear your soul apart at some point, you can't avoid it except by using some special game breakers technics. Best example is the novice ladder, it's actually way more difficult than the warrior one 'cause there's a fight (quite often Jade, or Liu Kang) you can't win without heavy AI manipulation, they did that shit on purpose to trick newbies to put more quarters in... Not only it's not possible for all characters, but it also forces you to use shitty AI manipulation tricks, being forced to use Smoke teleportation + uppercut all the time to be able to progress sucks if you ask me. Same thing happens on all ladders at some point, there's always a specific fight where the AI will read all your inputs to make you loose, you'll retry for three or four times, then suddenly it gets easier and lets you progress...

The AI in MK games is a joke but this one push the limit way too far, when you can beat Motaro and Shao Kahn everytime without being hit, but can't do shit against a basic "novice" opponent, it's obvious that there's something wrong.

So as I said, make all cheevos "use this character ONLY" but allow players to use the 30 credits limit. It's not impossible to do it but the difficulty goes to pretty easy to insanely hard depending the character you're playing and how he is able to manipulate the AI.

I'd totally ban all possible cheats but I'd definitely allow the 30 credits one, a bad player will never manage to beat the game anyway even with 30 credits, but this gives good ones a fair opportunity to do it without having to use AI manipulation all the time.

The rest of your ideas seems good to me, 5 wins VS CPU is definitely possible without too much problems, the Shang Tsung one however, hmm... No credits requires AI manipulation so I'd avoid it.

TL;DR: AI manipulation in MK games is easy to do, but is boring as fuck, any achievement that needs some form of AI manipulation (except bosses) should be avoided if you ask me. I don't see anything really difficult when it comes to learn how to use game exploits in order to win... Especially when you have to do the same ladder 25 times...

BTW: except for Rain, all the other achievements worked as they were supposed to work for me, I'm not sure what was the problem before that ? Did they trigger during their intro screens ? My achievement for Rain triggered like that, but all others were fine.

JAM
Posted: 16 Mar, 2019 15:26
Bump. Want to finish revision this month. Little change in plans.

I'll listen to everything said because he is fair, trusted and respected user.

BTW: except for Rain, all the other achievements worked as they were supposed to work for me, I'm not sure what was the problem before that ? Did they trigger during their intro screens ?
Run the 1P game choose the fighter, lose, wait for the intro.

Changes:
Group all cheat cheevos into one.
Allow 30 credits for all the players.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account