Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Achievement of the Week Challenge #3

Page: < 1 2 3 4 >
AuthorMessage

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 04:30
I can now consistently make it to the gears area on Hard. Too many bats. 2 power is too little to deal with all the bats there, even if you know where most of them are coming and have some lucky bounces, it's still almost impossible.

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 13:33

Starting at about 28:20

No matter what, that is NOT easy!! Wow...

Damn lol straight after the cogs level is one more, boss, then mizerabel, then you win. So close !!

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 14:11
That vid really helps-- the path he uses through the cogs. I was trying to jump straight through the bats right after you pass that second set of smashers, but he camps out on the roof and waits a bit for a bat to pass by so he can bounce off. I think that's the key I was missing.

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 15:52
I DID IT! I DID IT!!!

IT WAS SO HARD. I was shaking on the final boss! I'm still shaking. I can't believe I did that!! I actually got to and passed the Castle on my first try (I died once, but I didn't get a game over there) and then beat the last two bosses.

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 15:53
Woohoo!
Now it's MY turn xD

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 15:55
Thanks! You can do it :)

I'm going to now watch that video and see how much I hate myself for not looking up a video beforehand >_>

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 15:57
You'll hate yourself. Did you know you can just wait for the second set of crushing blocks in the castle instead of trying to race past them? *facepalm*

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 16:36
- Didn't know you could hug the tree on the first boss... I always ran to the opposite end, jumped, and ran back, then dodged. You more or less get screwed by certain patterns from time to time anyway.

- Didn't know you could hug the corner on the clown boss, but that is the easiest boss anyway

- Didn't know about the hidden projectiles in Stage 3... would have helped a lot in a particular spot with two bats in the flashflood section

other than that, it was pretty similar. the way he tackles the final boss isn't what an average person could do. i would only attack her when she appeared in the lower middle, but she literally went 10-12 times without doing it once. i had one health left for more than half the battle

edit: oh, and i guess the worm boss thing has a set attack pattern, but i didn't pick up on that at all lol

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 16:43
I didn't know about going to the bottom of the tree below the ghosts, jumping into the second coffee cup for projectiles, running straight at the A's and letting them jump over you (!), or waiting for the blocks to fall in the castle area.
I can handle the tree boss from the left side, hit him every time, and never get hit (with small quick jumps to close the gap). I found it strange he camps out at the right side, but I think my method is superior.
I also found it odd that he jumped over the knight's mace twice instead of just ducking... or bouncing off the mace when it returned...
I did know his tricks for the second and third boss though. He handles the fourth way more pro than I did.
Some of his platforming was clumsy, though, which makes me feel like I can do this more than ever.
If I can reach the gears area with more than 1 or 2 power, I'll definitely clear the game. The last two bosses are fortunately very easy.

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 18:06
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/BreakmanDX/MickeyMouse-CastleofIllusion_002_zps701ce4bb.png (whoops can't get the img tag thing to work right at all)

do i win for getting a score so high it started becoming letters

also i knew the dragon had a set pattern for where he comes up but i couldn't be assed to remember more than the first couple in the heat of battle, so i'm totally abusing this video for that

*edit* also when watching the video -- my jump sound effect in my RAGens is *totally* different than what i'm hearing in this video lol. Everything else is the same but when the guy in this video jumps it sounds like a jump sound effect, when I jump it sounds more like a little creature sneezing or something. I wonder what's up with that

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 18:39
My jump sound effect sounds just like in the video O_o;
Anyway I have the same plan you do :3
Good luck on your run, popoki!

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 19:54
Hey popoki - I'm working on the tag thing now, it's been broken since plaintext urls became available.

Just out of curiosity, how did you get a score like that on the first level? Did you modify the RAM, or your savestate?

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 19:55
@Scott - You're invincible on the vines in 1-2 and butterflies keep flying into you. Given enough time you can farm out 10 lives there plus even more points.

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 19:58
lol omg what a trick!!! Fantasic I'm doing that hahaha

F4 increases frame skip :P

Posted: 28 Feb, 2014 20:06
hmm... I can't get anywhere near that sort of score that popoki got - it gets me around 10000 per 20 seconds, it would take around 55 hours to get a score like popoki's at that rate... :S
Page: < 1 2 3 4 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account