login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

Achievement of the Week Challenge #3

Page: 1 2 3 4 >
AuthorMessage

StingX2
Posted: 25 Feb, 2014 01:54
Each week a new achievement will be chosen. Some weeks we will do achievements on obscure underplayed games and other weeks the challenge will be the hardest in that game's entire set.

If you can get the achievement you win 1 point towards the just for fun leaderboard, 2 for earning it on hardcore! (You Also must earn it in this week to get the point)

Scott: Can I add - if you already have this achievement and want to enter the competition, please visit your settings page (www.retroachievements.org/controlpanel.php) and remove the achievement from your account first. You will find the option to remove individual achievements from your account under "reset game progress", first pick the game (Mickey Mouse Castle of illusion), then the achievement ('Might Mouse'). This will allow you to re-earn the achievement this week! Good luck all!

This Week's Achievement: Mighty Mouse, Beat Mickey Mouse Castle of illusion on Hard (Achievement by Scott)

Current Leaderboard
Philintheblanks: 6
RyanRJ: 6
STHX: 6
SexyChazz: 6
dude1286: 6
popoki: 6
TrainerAbu: 5
AxelNL: 4
Mctavish: 4
Rhadamanthys: 4
Coczero: 4
rdannylor: 4
yoyo: 4
fluttershy: 4
cirellio: 4
Scott: 2
Astrophil: 2
rubixcube: 2
Fernandes: 2
JonnyRetro: 2
jackolantern: 2
MK2k: 2

#1 Kirby Victors: Philintheblanks, rdannylor, Mctavish, Astrophil, SexyChazz, Rhadamanthys, AxelNL, rubixcube, Fernandes, STHX, dude1286, RyanRJ, popoki, JonnyRetro, TrainerAbu, jackolantern, Coczero, Scott

#2 Ducktales Victors: Philintheblanks, AxelNL, Mctavish, SexyChazz, RyanRJ, popoki, Rhadamanthys, Coczero, dude1286, STHX, rdannylor, yoyo, TrainerAbu, cirellio, Fluttershy,

#3 Mickey Victors: Philintheblanks, RyanRJ, STHX, SexyChazz, dude1286, popoki, MK2K, cirellio, fluttershy, yoyo, TrainerAbu (normal)

PhilInTheBlanks
Posted: 25 Feb, 2014 01:56
Always wanted to play this game, might as well be now!

Fluttershy
Posted: 25 Feb, 2014 02:12
Oh my god... I used to play this game.. but at the Game Gear version!
Time to play it on mega drive

JonnyRetro
Posted: 25 Feb, 2014 07:10
now you get to upgrade from game gear.. to blast processing! :p

Rdannylor2
Posted: 25 Feb, 2014 10:43
Looking forward to playing this game. I have never played it before but it looks really good from what i have seen.
I haven't played much of the mega drive/genesis. Only played like 3 games for it

JonnyRetro
Posted: 25 Feb, 2014 16:56
nice good luck Rdanny! :) Which megadrive games have you played?

cirellio
Posted: 26 Feb, 2014 14:25
I'm getting really close, but sadly I cannot crack this egg yet. Will try again tonight ;~;

PhilInTheBlanks
Posted: 26 Feb, 2014 16:47
ARG, this game is brutal! I just made it to the clockwork level but I simply never have enough hits to make it to the top. The game is so deceptively tricky, but i WILL do this. Where are you stuck, Cirellio?

cirellio
Posted: 26 Feb, 2014 17:04
O_o I am stuck on floor 2, first door. Well, 'stuck' is a strong word. More like that's as far as I've been having tried hard twice now (once a night). I haven't been to the clockwork area yet and was only guessing on the remaining length of the game based on the length of 'Practice' mode. Maybe I should do a normal run to get a better feel for the gamelength overall.

PhilInTheBlanks
Posted: 26 Feb, 2014 17:28
Well, there are basically 5 worlds, Forest, Toybox, Ruins, Library and Castle. Thankfully, I find the Library pretty easy, you'll have no trouble getting through that, but the castle is long and difficult and cheap as hell. A normal run will help, but pretty much all of the 1-ups and life refills are either removed or in a different location.

PhilInTheBlanks
Posted: 26 Feb, 2014 19:17
Holy crap, I actually did it! Definitely the hardest challenge so far!

cirellio
Posted: 26 Feb, 2014 19:20
grats man! You're the first! Thanks for the advice too. I'm giving it another go tonight.

RyanRJ
Posted: 26 Feb, 2014 22:50
I should probably get around to trying this before it's too late!

JonnyRetro
Posted: 27 Feb, 2014 11:21
we have a first winner! round of applause!! :p this is a tough one!

StingX2
Posted: 27 Feb, 2014 23:49
Notice: Will be away unless plans change til monday morning so I will not be updating leaderboard personally
Page: 1 2 3 4 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account