Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

"200 md5s (SNES)"

AuthorMessage

Nowun
Posted: 13 Jan, 2018 00:28
I was trying to load Final Fight 3 (USA).sfc and instead it loaded no achievements at all, and linked to that entry instead. What rom do I need to use and what the hell was that?

Nowun
Posted: 13 Jan, 2018 00:34
There are also Rename Me 30 MD5s (Gameboy Advance) , _Rename Me 126 (SNES) , 14 md5s (Gameboy Advance) , Mega Man X (Europe) and a lot more... (SNES) etc. What are these? I just want to play FF3.

Celeryyy
Posted: 13 Jan, 2018 03:48
Are you sure you have a proper dump of it? A correct copy of Final Fight 3 loads the achievements on my end.

http://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=show_record&s=49&n=0811

jackolantern
Posted: 13 Jan, 2018 13:33
Last Edit: 13 Jan, 2018 13:34
The rename message are roms that were created on here using Japanese names but system didn't understand them so they ended up as jibberish so we're changed to stop system defaulting to them when loading a new rom. Guess they haven't been found yet.

Nowun
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 14:41
The one I downloaded from the no intro set does not seem to work. I will try one from a site. Thank you both for answering.

Nowun
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 14:47
Just tried another from a site with the .smc extension, and it came up as Mega Man X (Europe) and a lot more... (SNES). What rom are you using Celeryyy, from what set/site?

Celeryyy
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 22:47
We don't link ROMs in the forums. If your original ROM was actually verified by No-Intro it would've worked in the first place.

Nowun
Posted: 15 Jan, 2018 00:20
I am not asking you to link me to a ROM, I am asking what set is it from, and what site it came from if you got it there, no direct link. And that's three now.

Celeryyy
Posted: 15 Jan, 2018 03:37
Why would links to romsites be allowed but not direct links to ROMs?

DrPixel
Posted: 15 Jan, 2018 04:38
I checked like 10 different versions and it seems that the E version works but not the U one for some reason. Hopefully that helps!

JAM
Posted: 15 Jan, 2018 04:57
Megaman X (Europe) and (USA, version 1.0) should not be player ever. It has the wierd bug. Shooting some enemies causes instant exit from current stage, showing the password (that will not work) and pushing you back to level zero (highway) with all items you got except Zero's buster upgrade. It was fixed only in v1.1 (USA) and never fixed in European version

Nowun
Posted: 15 Jan, 2018 22:49
Celeryyy Because it is no secret that either exist, most of us use them familiarly, and in scuh a context you are not promoting piracy, and my rom I have tried is the USA rom from the no-intro set , and two other usa roms from two other sites have the same results. But its easier to passive aggressively dismiss right? But whatever, you can "win".

DrPixel Thank you for the useful and relevant answer! Apparently they botched this one.

JAM that's interesting, I got the Megaman eu link when trying to play another FF3 ROM. Since at least one admin wants to just dismiss this I am probably screwed at least temporarily until one who gives a crap comes by.

Salsa
Posted: 15 Jan, 2018 22:57
1288de058352d6f9c3ba146a61581555 is now relinked with

Nowun
Posted: 16 Jan, 2018 22:05
Thank you Salsa! My no intro rom now works flawlessly, I appreciate it!

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account