RA Checksum: 582d58d95c9774cd50555366c253a050
CRC32 Checksum: 1BCC7BE3

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

BerserkerBR
Posted: 11 Jan, 2018 01:15
I think this was the first "pay to win" game ever made.

Unless you press the button as quickly as Master Takahashi, you must buy a turbo controller to win

Arcaderama
Posted: 11 Jan, 2018 05:39
Last Edit: 05 Feb, 2018 15:36
Hey ,

What you think about create a achievement for boxing footwork. Where the players need use cover-up, duck and movement and never punch. Not sure if it's covered on "Strategic Victory" ! But I think that's a little diferent because in my idea you not can punch the oponnent, but even still you can keep and push him to ropes when you to guard face or abdomen.

Suggestion:

Float Like a Butterfly I, II, III - Stay in the ring until Round 3* without throwing a single punch or falls to the canvas.

* Needs check the difficulty for each fighter to adjust the correct round.

caricatur
Posted: 25 Feb, 2018 23:40
Sorry didn't notice your post. I tried to develop such an achievement, but I dropped it, since it's pretty hard to avoid damage just by ducking/guarding. Just avoiding knockdown shouldn't be too difficult with apollo, but get increasingly harder in later rounds. Drago will take you down very quickly even if you punch if you don't have decent stats.

Strategic victory covers partially, as you need to avoid receiving or giving too much damage for 15 rounds. Mostly, I don't think it would be too much fun and I'm not sure I could do a decent job. At the time i tried to see if there were any longplays displaying good defence, but i did not find any.

I might look into it if you're actually interested. You're also free to make some cheevos yourself as a dev. There's more than enough room for new points. You're welcome to.

Arcaderama
Posted: 26 Feb, 2018 21:48
Last Edit: 27 Feb, 2018 02:37
I'm not sure if it's fun, but the Cheevo Float Like a Butterfly would be about the player getting stand up without investing a single punch against CPU or falling on the canvas to the maximum possible rounds. The achievement is a direct reference to professional boxer Muhammad Ali.

Another that can be covered is to avoid training and win the fights.

Suggestion for the name of achievement: The Italian Stallion I, II, III

If it's not TAS, is realizable:

It's better to discuss about creating or changing a set especially after some people have started playing. And you seem to know the game very well your feeling about whether that would work is important.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account