Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Downtown Special: Kunio-Kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou!

Page: < 1 2
AuthorMessage

Salsa
Posted: 12 Jan, 2018 20:20
I've used quotation mark to flag ironic expression there. An in that meaning translation hacks are "polluting" games. That's simply becasue a third party factor was added, in this case interpretation of the original script. If there are no official translations, everything unofficial is like a fanfic - out of canon. It's like borrowing a recipe from someone who is basing a dish on their homemade wine and replacing it with store-bought with similiar parameters or even with your own homemade wine... it will never be the same as the original, if it's not simple enough. Japanese is one of the most ambiguous langages on the planet, unfortunately.
I think we should use original name there for the sake of accuracy, even if you don't know what it means - it is official.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 12 Jan, 2018 21:52
Yeah that's pretty much my stance too---use at minimum the official name (in Latin/Roman lettering) and if there's space the translation name as well after a slash or at worst in the comments section if there isn't. People who know anything about Japanese games like this will definitely recognize the official title.

ZBR
Posted: 13 Jan, 2018 01:08
Last Edit: 13 Jan, 2018 23:31
Can you spend your ally's money?

ZBR
Posted: 13 Jan, 2018 01:10
Last Edit: 13 Jan, 2018 01:12
Yup. You have to go to Setup.

ZBR
Posted: 13 Jan, 2018 23:30
The Black Plague didn't pop for me!

ZBR
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 00:33
Some interesting things have happened while playing this.

1. I got the item "GOODTIME". I used it and my money went to something like $9999999999 which is what it's supposed to do. Then a few minutes later I noticed it was back to like $3000????? I didn't spend it, I didn't die. Don't know what happened.

2. I was messing around in my Growth page and suddenly realized I could put hundreds of looped around hundreds of percentages towards a few stats. I did this and maxed out a bunch of stats at teh same time. I figured it had to do with an item I got. Then, I went to take every stat away from everything to redistribute, and now I can only divvy out 100% again???

Maybe the rom is glitching out or something?

ZBR
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 00:39
I got the Defense Stat cheevo when I maxed out Strength. I believe a few of these are mixed up like this.

ZBR
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 00:51
Yup. Strength cheevo popped when I maxed out Will.

ZBR
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 10:44
Presidential Fitness, Black Plague, and Stamina will not pop for me. Please fix!

revixter
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 15:49
Sorry about the errors! Some were me just failing at changing values after copy/pasting, others had logic flaws. I addressed everything mentioned but I am certainly not promising it's bug-free!

The game itself does unfortunately seem very glitchy. I found ways to pretty much get infinite money, cheese the AI so enemies literally won't move, copy stats/techs from allies, etc etc.

ZBR
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 16:38
Thanks so much, revixter, for this awesome set. Looking forward to trying again.
Page: < 1 2

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account